Author Topic: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water  (Read 6135 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« on: January 27, 2017, 12:32:46 AM »
For successfully defeating the Swapwyrm and defending the Outpost from the initial assault:

Colossal Haas and the Useless Stone Spider - 3350

Valizar and the Admantium Foot of Death - 4000

Grant and the Flying Kick Heard Around the Forest - 4000

Arrow Ash and the Imp Eating Megalodon - 4500

Vor'Ruk and the Charge for the Ages - 5000

Saladien and Many Magic Missiles - 5000

Message me if you got a level and tell me what class.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 12:33:19 AM »
Grant's adventure in the Outpost will be done privately, the encounter with the Wooduke's army will be done on the boards.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1164
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:05:38 AM »
that will level Vor'Ruk, which in case will also level Rom'Pei
Tinkers' Hitchhikers guide...
  -- never bring a sword to a epbul fight
  -- always hold onto severed limbs of your enemies
  -- leave chronomancy to the crazy tower dwelling wizards

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 09:18:25 AM »
Assuming you don't get into a fight with the Wooduke's army (keeping in mind you are all tired and low on spells), you may all level.  Grant, if he leveled, may have to wait until he is through his ordeal.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »
The first halfling to approach you says, "Did you come from the Outpost?  We were heading there when the weather turned incredibly bad and were forced to camp here."  Then after calming for a moment, "I am Lieutenant Kameron.  Who are all of you?"

He is a nearly 4 foot tall halfling.  He is wearing a breastplate with several emblems emblazoned on it, one of which you recognize as the Wooduke's flag; another is his rank.  He has a short sword and a small shield, not in his hands.  The troop behind him stands and listens, somewhat readying.

You all look miserable: wet, going on over 24 hours awake and much of that fighting and moving.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1164
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »
The first halfling to approach you says, "Did you come from the Outpost?  We were heading there when the weather turned incredibly bad and were forced to camp here."  Then after calming for a moment, "I am Lieutenant Kameron.  Who are all of you?"

He is a nearly 4 foot tall halfling.  He is wearing a breastplate with several emblems emblazoned on it, one of which you recognize as the Wooduke's flag; another is his rank.  He has a short sword and a small shield, not in his hands.  The troop behind him stands and listens, somewhat readying.

You all look miserable: wet, going on over 24 hours awake and much of that fighting and moving.


Vor'Ruk slides off the newly armored Sunder Quattron, as he lands on the ground blood squelches up his boot and leaks freely around every plate of armor.. There is clearly a maw bit mark across his chest and claw rakes across his face..


Vor'Ruk growls at him, pointing a banana thick finger in his face.. " 60 of your country men are dying right now, holding that fort so that some could live on, and YOU complain about the weather.  Mobilize, and I will lead the charge back into them!  Move! " he mounts Sunder again.. rearing the horse  massive stallion 14' in the air.. " Lets go"...


he turns to Rom'Pie and wonders " I wonder where my domain is, if they are close we could really turn this war"
Tinkers' Hitchhikers guide...
  -- never bring a sword to a epbul fight
  -- always hold onto severed limbs of your enemies
  -- leave chronomancy to the crazy tower dwelling wizards

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 05:26:21 PM »
The halfling lieutenant quakes, "I can't give that....type of order.  We are to remain here until the weather breaks."

You clearly see some halfling running off and spreading the news of your arrival.

The lone elf of the Outpost chose to flee.  He approaches and says to Vor'Ruk, "Your style will not serve you well with them."  It is the first time you have heard the elf speak since you got to the Outpost.  Other than halflings and five humans, he is the only of the other races that were at the Outpost to leave.

The halfling member of the foot left and is with you (covertly).  The halfling cleric of Tyrogatore remained (unless Haas ordered him to leave).

And a note, 60 left the fort; leaving about 160 there.

One of the humans that left was the Quartmaster, who was ordered to leave and take with him several items that could not fall into wug hands.  Saladien went with him to the vault and Saladien saw and probably reports that the vault was a 20x20 room filled with magic items.  The quartermaster also tells you, "Many of the spells on the outpost emanate from the vault, which is made not of wood but of steel."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1164
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 08:55:54 AM »
Snarls and turns to Haas, " Maybe you should handle this, we need to march this army back there and save those soldiers, they are giving their lives for the wood duke.  If this was the Empire I would be there with him."
Tinkers' Hitchhikers guide...
  -- never bring a sword to a epbul fight
  -- always hold onto severed limbs of your enemies
  -- leave chronomancy to the crazy tower dwelling wizards

Online Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1244
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 11:21:57 AM »
I ask him if he is the highest in command in this area.  If not we would like to speak to the person here that is in charge.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 12:11:13 PM »
Happily turning his attention from the intimidating orc, the halfling lieutenant responds, "Captain Bermill should be coming soon, it looks like they are telling him of your arrival.  Expedition General Waxwool is in command of the entire force."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1964
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 01:44:12 PM »
Alternate thread title: "Coll-Haas-al Disappointment"

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1964
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
Snarls and turns to Haas, " Maybe you should handle this, we need to march this army back there and save those soldiers, they are giving their lives for the wood duke.  If this was the Empire I would be there with him."
Bring us your commander. Immediately. If you attempt to delay us we will know who's side you are on.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:56:20 PM by Hero »

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1964
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 02:05:30 PM »
The halfling member of the foot left and is with you (covertly).  The halfling cleric of Tyrogatore remained (unless Haas ordered him to leave).
I do not order him to leave, but I do remind him that his death here will not aid Tyrogatore's cause. "Most of us only get one death; make sure when it happens, it counts."

I make sure he is the one of the recipients of Tyro's Breath.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1649
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 07:15:38 PM »
Alternate thread title: "Coll-Haas-al Disappointment"
That's good. 

I know it's cold comfort, but if it means anything to you, Valizar was thoroughly impressed by the 72 foot curb stomp.  Tyrogatore would be pleased.  💪

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1164
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »
Vor'Ruk paces around like a caged tiger that hasn't been fed for a week, even Rom'Pei gives him a wide birth.  He simple glares at the halflings leaving a trail of blood behind him, his green orcish blood, black wyrm and wug blood as well.
Tinkers' Hitchhikers guide...
  -- never bring a sword to a epbul fight
  -- always hold onto severed limbs of your enemies
  -- leave chronomancy to the crazy tower dwelling wizards