Author Topic: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water  (Read 6136 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2017, 08:53:17 PM »
The weather is caused by the agents of Scalehome. It will not stop until the wugs are driven back into the swamp. Do not let the enemy beat you with rain. You must leave now.

The General again consults his retinue.  "The storm is unnatural and our spellcasters have not been able to change it.  They tell me it is magic more powerful that we can overcome.  I will not take my soldiers into that without a direct order from the Wooduke.  No, not for rebels."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1964
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »
The General again consults his retinue.  "The storm is unnatural and our spellcasters have not been able to change it.  They tell me it is magic more powerful that we can overcome.  I will not take my soldiers into that without a direct order from the Wooduke.  No, not for rebels."
By your inaction, you condemn the defenders of the outpost to death, denying them the fair trial they are entitled to; and you allow the Wugs to achieve a victory. Are the wugs not the enemy, and are you not sworn to defend the Boiling Line? You must act, because you are able and because it is your sworn duty. Do not let your advisors poison your mind with talk of apathy and neglect of your responsibilities.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 11:09:30 PM »
By your inaction, you condemn the defenders of the outpost to death, denying them the fair trial they are entitled to; and you allow the Wugs to achieve a victory. Are the wugs not the enemy, and are you not sworn to defend the Boiling Line? You must act, because you are able and because it is your sworn duty. Do not let your advisors poison your mind with talk of apathy and neglect of your responsibilities.

"The Outpost's defenders condemned themselves when they rebelled, whatever happens to them and the outpost, they are responsible.  I am sworn to the Wooduke, and his commands come first.  I am responsible to him and to my men who have not rebelled, who have remained loyal.  I will not throw their lives away saving rebels."

He pauses, then says, "Do you intend to stop us from arresting these traitors, are can I have my soldiers take them away?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1244
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2017, 08:52:51 AM »
You do not know these men are rebels without a fair trial.  Isn't that what the trial is for? In the meantime we made it through the storm without harm and we can guide you.  We know the source of the magic creating this storm but we are not able to stop it at this moment.  Diplomacy 21.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
You do not know these men are rebels without a fair trial.  Isn't that what the trial is for? In the meantime we made it through the storm without harm and we can guide you.  We know the source of the magic creating this storm but we are not able to stop it at this moment.  Diplomacy 21.

"I know it enough to arrest them and have them tried.  Not only by your own stories, but by what I see and what spells tell."  He stops for a moment and talks to his retinue.

"What is creating the storm?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1164
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
Vor'Ruk turns to Haas, and says very seriously..


   " It would be an honorable death defending these heroes, who were willing to die to keep these cowards alive, me and my legionnaires would stand and defend them.  It might be possible between us, and our assets to allow most of them to escape.


He makes sure his orcs stay in formation in front of the refugees, fully ready.
Tinkers' Hitchhikers guide...
  -- never bring a sword to a epbul fight
  -- always hold onto severed limbs of your enemies
  -- leave chronomancy to the crazy tower dwelling wizards

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 01:23:22 PM »
Before we lose the thread to time, what is the decision on whether you are going to allow them to be taken into custody?

After that, I will be able to tell the story of what happens next.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1244
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2017, 09:23:03 AM »
I stand next to Vor' Ruk (even though he towers over me) and say we will not let him take any of these honorable men. 

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2017, 04:02:42 PM »
Ash does not involve himself in the conversation and moves off to the side.

Haas, Valizar?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1649
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2017, 05:57:33 PM »
Ash does not involve himself in the conversation and moves off to the side.

Haas, Valizar?
Valizar turns to face Haas.  "Blink once for subdual.  Blink twice for lethal."

I hold my action until Haas acts or blinks a command.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1964
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2017, 10:11:48 PM »
"I know it enough to arrest them and have them tried.  Not only by your own stories, but by what I see and what spells tell."  He stops for a moment and talks to his retinue.

"What is creating the storm?"
General, do you know who we are and why we are here?

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2017, 10:42:38 PM »
General, do you know who we are and why we are here?

"You are agents of Ellic and his allies.  You were sent to take the outpost from the rebels."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1964
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2017, 11:14:24 PM »
"You are agents of Ellic and his allies.  You were sent to take the outpost from the rebels."
Yes. A task we undertook at the request of your Wood Duke. We were instructed to send off a smoke signal to call reinforcements from the Wood Duke once the fort was taken. I assume that was supposed to be you. Do you know what happened when we set off the smoke signal? No troops came. But the Wugs did, backed by the forces of Scalehome. Greenfellow's weathersingers brought down pouring rain, bog imps worked their foul magic to mire the land, a great swamp wyrm was unleashed on the outpost, and an mass of Wugs assaulted the fort.

But no reinforcements as promised by the Wood Duke. The signal instead summoned the enemy to our door. So what happened?

All the evidence that lies before us tells me that you are either negligent in your duties, or your Commander instructed you not to act because your realm has aligned itself with Scalehome, and by alliance the Wugs. Your actions here, or rather your inactions, continue to bolster that evidence. Are you enspelled by fey hiding amongst your advisors? (Saladien, little help?) Were you ordered to do nothing? Tell me truthfully where your allegiance lies, and I will tell you whether or not I will let you arrest these men.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2017, 08:29:08 AM »
The general's facial expressions obviously reveal his irritation.  He pauses before saying, "We started moving when we saw the smoke and stopped due to the cursed weather.  I am a faithful servant of the Wooduke.  I am done answering your questions.  Now step aside and let us take the traitors into custody or reveal your willingness to ignore the law."

Saladien sees no Fey.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1164
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »
The general's facial expressions obviously reveal his irritation.  He pauses before saying, "We started moving when we saw the smoke and stopped due to the cursed weather.  I am a faithful servant of the Wooduke.  I am done answering your questions.  Now step aside and let us take the traitors into custody or reveal your willingness to ignore the law."

Saladien sees no Fey.


Vor'Ruk joins his units formation, and slides the bloody visor up " You have relied on fake news, These men didn't rebel, they just wanted to do their job and died for it, died protecting your families.  Because they have not been judged, I will die defending them.  No more honorable of a death I can think of.  I obey the law of righteousness as Stasis did, the laws of action as Tygoragator did, the laws of life of habastely, not fake politically motivated news " He levels his lance, still caked with scales from the swamp wurm.  Sunder Quattor rears, his new armor glistening in the foggy light.  He nods his head abruptly causing his visor to slide down.
Tinkers' Hitchhikers guide...
  -- never bring a sword to a epbul fight
  -- always hold onto severed limbs of your enemies
  -- leave chronomancy to the crazy tower dwelling wizards