Author Topic: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 11:35:07 AM »
After ten minutes, the Expedition General Waxwool approaches.  He is a tall halfling, at least 60 years old.  He has a bush of curly grey hair.  His chest is round like a dwarf and his legs are thick although you doubt that it is all muscle.  He has a breastplate and leather armor, a golden hilt short sword at his side.  Walking next to him is as assistant carrying his helm and other items for the general.  He walks towards you eyes up and face emotionless.

Behind him is his guard, nine halflings and a human.  All of the other halfling give them a wide berth.  The group is in a ready for a fight formation, eyes stern and walking with purpose.

They stop when the general is about twenty feet from you.

"Survivors of Outpost 8 and foreigners, I am Expedition General Waxwool.  As per standard protocol, spells have been cast to determine the truth of your answers.  Tell me your names and the recent events that led you to here and now."

You can either give detailed answers or just a statement of how much and in what manner you describe it.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1164
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 10:54:40 AM »
After ten minutes, the Expedition General Waxwool approaches.  He is a tall halfling, at least 60 years old.  He has a bush of curly grey hair.  His chest is round like a dwarf and his legs are thick although you doubt that it is all muscle.  He has a breastplate and leather armor, a golden hilt short sword at his side.  Walking next to him is as assistant carrying his helm and other items for the general.  He walks towards you eyes up and face emotionless.

Behind him is his guard, nine halflings and a human.  All of the other halfling give them a wide berth.  The group is in a ready for a fight formation, eyes stern and walking with purpose.

They stop when the general is about twenty feet from you.

"Survivors of Outpost 8 and foreigners, I am Expedition General Waxwool.  As per standard protocol, spells have been cast to determine the truth of your answers.  Tell me your names and the recent events that led you to here and now."

You can either give detailed answers or just a statement of how much and in what manner you describe it.


Vor'Ruk pays him the proper military respect ( making a knowledge war check to do it )


"Outpost 8 is under siege  at this very second by 1000's of Wugs." to make the point sink in, he slides this hand across his chest and scoops up some blood, flicking the pool onto the ground with a splat.  " We fought them, we hurt them but there was no hope, those still there are making the ultimate sacrifice at this very moment to stop the army from invading your homes, murdering your childeren so we could escape and warn others.  But now that you are here we can save them! Ride with me back to the battle.. help me turn 160 martyrs into 8000 heroes.  A story worthy of telling your grand children!  This isn't a battle of affiliation of past squabbles, this is a battle to save your homeland from a vicious invasion that will claim countless lives"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:56:41 AM by Zunder »
Tinkers' Hitchhikers guide...
  -- never bring a sword to a epbul fight
  -- always hold onto severed limbs of your enemies
  -- leave chronomancy to the crazy tower dwelling wizards

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 11:58:46 AM »

Vor'Ruk pays him the proper military respect ( making a knowledge war check to do it )


"Outpost 8 is under siege  at this very second by 1000's of Wugs." to make the point sink in, he slides this hand across his chest and scoops up some blood, flicking the pool onto the ground with a splat.  " We fought them, we hurt them but there was no hope, those still there are making the ultimate sacrifice at this very moment to stop the army from invading your homes, murdering your childeren so we could escape and warn others.  But now that you are here we can save them! Ride with me back to the battle.. help me turn 160 martyrs into 8000 heroes.  A story worthy of telling your grand children!  This isn't a battle of affiliation of past squabbles, this is a battle to save your homeland from a vicious invasion that will claim countless lives"

While so of the soldiers within earshot perk up and turn to listen to your moving words, the general and his retinue don't flinch.  The general gets a nod from several of his retinue before turning to answer.

"I don't yet have your name, solider.  If any of you are from Outpost 8, then you are under arrest for sedition."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1649
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »
"I don't yet have your name, solider.  If any of you are from Outpost 8, then you are under arrest for sedition."
Whispering to Haas: "Am I gonna have to curb stomp this fool?  Just say the word and I'll bring Tyrogatore's justice down upon him."

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1164
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »
While so of the soldiers within earshot perk up and turn to listen to your moving words, the general and his retinue don't flinch.  The general gets a nod from several of his retinue before turning to answer.

"I don't yet have your name, solider.  If any of you are from Outpost 8, then you are under arrest for sedition."


Vor'Ruk pulls his sword from it's sheath " I am Vor'Ruk Ceaser Octavius, Har Lowta and Legionnaire of the Orcish Empire " he turns  " at least have the internal fortitude to charge me as a prisoner of war, instead of making up false and untrue accusations against me, that is, if you can arrest me "
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:43:51 PM by Zunder »
Tinkers' Hitchhikers guide...
  -- never bring a sword to a epbul fight
  -- always hold onto severed limbs of your enemies
  -- leave chronomancy to the crazy tower dwelling wizards

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »
As soon as you pull your weapon, the retinue goes into action.  A call to arms is made and the halfling army readies.

By the time you are finished talking, bow's are draw, weapons are out.  The General steps back a few paces and guard stand in between him and your group.

"Har Lowta, I do not know your disposition or reason for being with these traitors.  For the moment, I assume that you are here by chance since I know you would not have been in the Outpost as a rebel.  However, those halfings and others behind you; those wearing the armor and weapons of soldiers of the Boiling Line, are without doubt guilty."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1244
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 08:19:04 PM »
How dare you!  You are cowards or fools!  These are brave men who defended their fort from an attack against overwhelming odds and asked to leave their post by the commander to get help if possible because he knew that there were no reinforcements coming from the Wood Duke.  He knew that The Wood Duke joined Scalehome because he fears them and he is afraid the forest coalition might lose.  However, his cowardly actions are a self fulling prophecy and without his nation 100% aligned with the other nations of the forest then he will cause the demise of the forest that we know and love.  You are a brave general who I am sure fought in many wars.  Look at this situation listen to what the Har Lowta has to say and don't just blindly follow the orders of a scared Wood Duke. 

Diplomacy Check 24: I am trying to anger the general but not at us but at the situation that the Wood Duke has created and maybe open his to what is going on.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »
The general yells after you speak, "You defame the Wooduke!  I will hear no more of your insults!" he points at you as he says it.  "The traitors at Outpost 8 brought this on themselves."

Turning to the group behind you, "Throw down your arms and you will be taken into custody.  If you do not resist, you will not be harmed."

The army that has been camped here continues to mobilize and ready as you talk.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1244
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 11:36:23 PM »
OOC:  I see why the captain responded that way.  When I look upon what I wrote it  was probably not the most diplomatic.  The problem is that Saladien being a skilled diplomat with a +5 cha and rolling a total of 24 on his check probably woouldn't have spoken like this.  It just seems crazy to make the situation worse when I rolled a high check and I am skilled diplomat.  Anyway we can resolve this.  Maybe since I have such a high check he might respond in a different way.  Like the following "Watch you words and do not defame my king but I see you have some legitimate concerns could you tell me more.  However, be careful how you speak or I will have you arrested."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:41:36 PM by Windblade »

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 12:43:45 AM »
He is not arresting you.  He turned to the group behind you when he said throw down your arms.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1164
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 04:08:22 PM »
Shakes his head.. " traitors must be defined differently here in the forest.  Orcs are always told that we are some of the hardest to walks this world,  yet soldiers that bleed, soldiers that are willing to die to defend their homeland against the villainous Wugs are thrown down and called traitors here in the forest, for selflessly defending each other and their families.  Status himself should witness beings so noble and perfect that they would defaces these hardened heroic faces " as he points at a stoic half-ling with the refugees.  " The Empire should move our training to the forest to become harder ! "



Tinkers' Hitchhikers guide...
  -- never bring a sword to a epbul fight
  -- always hold onto severed limbs of your enemies
  -- leave chronomancy to the crazy tower dwelling wizards

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 04:53:53 PM »
"The law is the law and rules are rules.  Heroic as they may have been against the wugs, they disobeyed commands and commandeered an outpost under the Wooduke's rule.  Stand aside so we can take them into custody."

Halflings soldiers begin to surround you and the soldiers from the outpost.  They are in formation and they do not approach close.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1964
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 07:24:11 PM »
"The law is the law and rules are rules.  Heroic as they may have been against the wugs, they disobeyed commands and commandeered an outpost under the Wooduke's rule.  Stand aside so we can take them into custody."

Halflings soldiers begin to surround you and the soldiers from the outpost.  They are in formation and they do not approach close.
Haas casts "manifestation of the deity" (it's a swift action) to get everyone's attention and roars: "I am Haas Tuskenhammer, cleric of the mighty Tyrogatore, Judge of the Body.

You are correct, General. Traitors must be brought to justice. Punishment must be served to the guilty. After a fair trial overseen by an impartial judge. Now is not the time for that. Your countrymen are in danger. You must act immediately. The outpost will be overrun by wugs shortly, and at that point it will be Dedestroyt himself that passes judgement on their souls, and you will be left to recover their corpses and the fort from the agents of Scalehome."

My diplomacy check (after expending divine insight) = 14+21 = 35.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7954
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 07:54:37 PM »
The showing stalls all of the action.

After a moment, the General says: "They will be judged appropriately.  Given a fair trial.  But I cannot let them fight alongside loyal soldiers."

He looks away and into the forest where it is raining.  "Nor can I take my army into that.  Not to save traitors who brought this upon themselves and may already be dead."

He quietly talks to several of his retinue.  "Once that clears, we will re-take the outpost.  Or, if Habasly has blessed them, we will lift the siege."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1964
    • View Profile
Re: The Megalodon in the Swamp Water
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 08:03:29 PM »
He looks away and into the forest where it is raining.  "Nor can I take my army into that.  Not to save traitors who brought this upon themselves and may already be dead."

He quietly talks to several of his retinue.  "Once that clears, we will re-take the outpost.  Or, if Habasly has blessed them, we will lift the siege."
The weather is caused by the agents of Scalehome. It will not stop until the wugs are driven back into the swamp. Do not let the enemy beat you with rain. You must leave now.