Author Topic: Aided by Kenku  (Read 2838 times)

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Aided by Kenku
« on: February 05, 2016, 12:10:31 AM »
After defeating the dwarves, they surrender and you collect their belongings.

Verta says, "We should get everything back to the other room quickly in case more dwarves come up and attack.  Ulapt was the ranger, and I guess that was his Bulette.  Those are Burdug and Yark." Verta points to the cleric and spear wielder.

"Gailed, Nerem and Nimir must be below still."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 10:21:41 AM »
Of the 16 dwarves that were here; four are dead (three you threw through the fire and one other that got mauled)

The commander Yark and the cleric Burdug are both alive, but may not survive without healing.  Ulapt escaped with the Bulette.  Of the remaining nine, three are unhurt and the rest are in varying stages of beaten.

Verta tells them (in dwarven), "begin to move the supplies back."  Those that surrendered immediately do, heads low with looks of defeat and fear.  Verta communicates through Fenwick, "I think we tend to the wounded and show some care so that they will more agreeably help move these things."

The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

  • Magnanamous
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 874
    • View Profile
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 10:26:36 AM »
Mindaris pulls out some manacles and secures the clerics hands behind his back.  Then he uses a cure wounds on the cleric to revive him.  When he comes to, Mindaris tells him that the force is defeated and to not resist

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 10:38:36 AM »
He shakes his head a bit confused from the beating and the strange form of communication.  Gathering his thoughts, he mentally mumbles ~I understand~
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 03:15:29 PM »
By the time this fight ends, it about an hour before sunrise (which at this time of year is around 3am).
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »
I think most agreed that getting the supplies to the surface and preparing for the Gree was the choice as opposed to going deeper into the cave, but I won't to make sure that is the case.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

  • Magnanamous
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 874
    • View Profile
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »
I think most agreed that getting the supplies to the surface and preparing for the Gree was the choice as opposed to going deeper into the cave, but I won't to make sure that is the case.

That is correct, and we were gong to send "Ken" to his people to see if they would help us against the Gree as well

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 10:12:20 AM »
You all get a long rest after the supplies are carried out to the front of the cave.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1656
    • View Profile
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 10:28:01 AM »
You all get a long rest after the supplies are carried out to the front of the cave.
In preparation for the inevitable, I make it a point to memorize some offensive spells during this time.

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 11:46:24 AM »
When you return to the surface, the sun has risen, but it is still earlier in the morning than most have woken up for the day.

Ilya says, "We will discuss the plan after you have rested."

Giskit, the Dromite leader when you arrived at the castle, is waiting for you he nods, "Well done, you have indeed proven Ilya's belief that you are heroes."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1971
    • View Profile
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 10:01:06 PM »
So how much time do we think we have before the Gree arrive?

If we know the direction they are coming from, I will send my remote sensor off to scout them out before they arrive, if it's practical.

Do we have defenses to prepare?

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 12:30:11 AM »
So how much time do we think we have before the Gree arrive?

If we know the direction they are coming from, I will send my remote sensor off to scout them out before they arrive, if it's practical.

Do we have defenses to prepare?

After you wake up from the long rest, around 36 hours.

How far can remote sensor go?

They are preparing the defenses, but mostly its just manning the walls and towers.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 06:41:48 PM »
After you awake from your rest, sometime in late afternoon, Ilya meets with you to discuss the basic plans, as laid out byt the leaders of the four groups.

"The gnomes will guard the walls and towers with their crossbows.  The rest of us will wait until the walls or gate is breached and then attack.  We don't know where to best place the dwarves."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 08:32:54 PM »
Ilya continues, "Some of the Dromites will be positioned in and at the cave entrance to make sure nothing surprises us.  We are still waiting on news from Ken and his kind."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7993
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aided by Kenku
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 08:51:44 PM »
"Tek, the leader of the Hiljanion, communicates that the staff of ancestors many eyes allows him to view the Grean horde from a distance of many miles and he now views them daily for a brief time."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.