Icefian Campaign > Noble Missions

Invictor

(1/6) > >>

whitesword:
On your journey Nisoru tells you the dragon was Jaescican the Watchful, a silver nearing Great Wyrm status. He is respectful of the Golden Mother but has never forsaken the battle against evil.

After Etch returns to the Suian Circle the two seated men greet you. The younger says “this is Shinjo Ide, the master of the tower.” He is unarmed and has a full head of silver hair. He appears to be at least 80 years old, but with the strange skin it is hard to tell.  The younger man says: “I am Gahres Inchi, the wizard of the Tower.”  He is mostly bald but with a top knot. He has a friendly face despite its slate grey color. He has a tanto style dagger.

Etch goes through an increasingly complex series of kata until he appears exhausted. He sits on the ground with his back against the water barrel. His face for a moment has a look that is a mix of despair and frustration but it passes when he realizes those that he sparred with as you arrived are watching.

While going through the kata, Nisoru asks Shinjo: “How has he progressed?” The master replies: “He is the most perfect swordsman I have ever seen. Word has begun to spread that he is here. Every month a supposed master seeks permission to spar with him. We have turned many away who have evil in their hearts.  Those we have admitted have fared as you would expect. But as for his memory, there has been little change.”

Nisoru replies: “Part of the reason we have come for him is that the rumors have reached Icefia. There is already enough mistrust among the Scaled Elves in the Protectorate; leaving him here any longer would be another opportunity for Marius to sow discord.”

Feel free to ask any questions here of the masters of the Tower. We will get to Etch afterwards.

Asinjin:
Ruby asks, "What do you know about the final defeat of Kallark?"

Zunder:
Dylan watches Etch, and asks Shinjo, or Gahres ( out of Etch's listen range )

" My Matron is the Godess of Knowledge.  I am nothing but a bearly trained twig fire of her faith.  But...  There is a spell, which I believe only worshippers of Melody that seek knowledge have called Memory Jar.  It can help unlock knowledge someone had at one point.  Would it be ok to try it on Etch to see if something resurfaces?  That might be a sign to know that a more powerful cleric of Melody might be able to help him more. "

whitesword:

--- Quote from: Asinjin on October 12, 2021, 09:09:49 AM ---Ruby asks, "What do you know about the final defeat of Kallark?"

--- End quote ---
Who is this directed to?

whitesword:

--- Quote from: Zunder on October 12, 2021, 10:21:27 AM ---Dylan watches Etch, and asks Shinjo, or Gahres ( out of Etch's listen range )

" My Matron is the Godess of Knowledge.  I am nothing but a bearly trained twig fire of her faith.  But...  There is a spell, which I believe only worshippers of Melody that seek knowledge have called Memory Jar.  It can help unlock knowledge someone had at one point.  Would it be ok to try it on Etch to see if something resurfaces?  That might be a sign to know that a more powerful cleric of Melody might be able to help him more. "

--- End quote ---

Gahres says: “It has been tried.”  Nisoru says: “Melodie herself, and Xu, her then proxy, both attempted to treat those afflicted by the psionic slime with no success.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version