Author Topic: The Pirates Are on to the Plan  (Read 9323 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Pirates Are on to the Plan
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 04:55:19 PM »
Prelate Lander - A human who appears as if in his 20s, by the respect granted him and his knowledge you feel as if he is much older.  He is clearly a cleric of Habastly, which is made clear by his long brown hair and modest robes and sandal dress.  He is rarely seen without his spear, which he leans on as a staff and which is rough handled.  He is nearly six feet tall and has the walk and movements of a fit man.  He is easy to talk to, but not chatty.  He helps the doctor when asked and is considered a blessing by the crew because of his ability to create water.  He does not often preform sailor's tasks and when asked he never gives a clear answer as to how long he has been at sea.  His accent does not give any clues to where he is from, although the lack of heavy accent does rule out a few places.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 08:52:08 PM »

Victoria walks over.. seeming drawn to the oddly handsome 8 fingered alchemist and the thickly rugged ships master by the word "sail" and she smiles sweetly at then.  "Isn't that something you should be able to answer.. you know.. being an alchemist and all?  I could weave some of your mysteriously amazing powders or materials into the sales.  And I must tell you.. I would love to make myself some fire proof clothes also " she giggles brightly " you know, for special occasions. Imagine a burning frill of lace surrounded by a hoop dress made of fire proof material!! Amazing!!!"  she throws a arm around Claude smiling warmly
"Well...I uh...of course I could do that.   Let me think...cooling gel might work but that's more for skin.  Hmmm..Fire bane.  Thats it!  No..that's more for skin too and burns like crazy if you don't wash it off soon enough.  Greasy too.  Ahhh..Devils soap.  That might work.  We would have to re-apply every hour though. No that won't do."

At this point Claude is definitely having more of a conversation with himself than with anyone around him.  He starts digging around in his pouch as he wanders away from Victoria.  He is mumbling  something about 20 ways to make fire so how hard can it be to make something not burn.

"I can just make it harder.  Like iron and then it can't burn..right?  No no too heavy.  Blackout oil?  That's not bad.  Not bad at all.  I would need a lot of it.  That works..oh wait..that's more for something once it's already ON fire.  Think Claude."

He seems to come out of his trance for a moment and says "Like my Grandfather always said..If there's a solution search till you find it.  If there be none then never mind it!"  With that he just wanders off.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:54:05 PM by master po »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2015, 11:41:26 PM »
Gnearly Gnoghitall, the ship's carpentry apprentice, is a 3' tall, white haired, black eyed, pink skinned Tinker Gnome.  He is very focused on his work and you all notice that he is exceptionally gifted in his crafts.  He is an expert fisherman, but even more impressive is his skill with boat repair, engineering, and design.  Even when not working, he tends to walk around wearing a leather smock and tool belt.  He fishes with a spear and fights with a light crossbow.  He is reasonably sociable, but not a very gifted conversationalist.  He speaks with anyone who engages him in conversation, but tends to drift off into alternate topics involving boats or exotic creatures.  Overall, an asset to the crew and very reliable individual.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 12:39:14 AM »
At one point during the first couple days of our journey, you notice the captain exit his quarters with a handful of senior officers.  He appears to be smirking and moderately amused.  When the crowd clears, you all see standing behind him a 5' tall, silver eyed, silver haired, ebony skinned Drow male.  He is absolutely majestic looking, although when making direct eye contact, it becomes clear that there is a distinct air of sadness in his eyes.  His hair is lustrous and wavy and nestled under a beautifully designed feather cap.  He's wearing a navy blue puffy shirt with wide lapels.  The shirt is wide open at the v-neck exposing his hairless, chiseled chest.  He has matching pantaloons.  His boots are finely crafted black leather and he has a matching belt and vest draped over the shirt.  The vest appears supportive enough to aid in battle.  He has silver cufflinks that match his eyes and a silver pin shaped like a tidal wave affixed to his lapel.  He has a rapier on his hip and a light crossbow across his back.  He steps around the captain and addresses the crew.

"Forgive my initial deception my new friends, but it was necessary to gain passage aboard this fine vessel."  With that comment, he tips his hat to the captain.    "Allow me to properly introduce myself.  I am Chase Stillwater.  As Midshipman, I will be fair and honest, but firm on ship rules.  As an adventurer, I represent the eternal flame of the immortal spirit.  I understand that some of you may be uneasy with someone of my...genetic composition...but rest assured, I'm here to help.  I am attuned to the weather patterns of this world and can weave my magic to help us on our journey, wherever it may take us.  Our enemies will quake with fear in our presence and they will know the fury of the sea.  If ever you feel down and out, be certain that Tfop will guide us to victory.  He has guided me out of isolation and slavery and will surely be there to aid us here on the open seas.  I look forward to our journey together."

With that, he bows and hands the floor back to the captain.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2015, 11:15:33 AM »
The reactions vary greatly; from applause from fellow midshipman Kel to a shrug of indifference from master's Mate Thermon to a stare down of disgust from master mariner Isyawi to gulps of fear and concern from Seaman Felji a half elf.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »
At one point during the first couple days of our journey, you notice the captain exit his quarters with a handful of senior officers.  He appears to be smirking and moderately amused.  When the crowd clears, you all see standing behind him a 5' tall, silver eyed, silver haired, ebony skinned Drow male.  He is absolutely majestic looking, although when making direct eye contact, it becomes clear that there is a distinct air of sadness in his eyes.  His hair is lustrous and wavy and nestled under a beautifully designed feather cap.  He's wearing a navy blue puffy shirt with wide lapels.  The shirt is wide open at the v-neck exposing his hairless, chiseled chest.  He has matching pantaloons.  His boots are finely crafted black leather and he has a matching belt and vest draped over the shirt.  The vest appears supportive enough to aid in battle.  He has silver cufflinks that match his eyes and a silver pin shaped like a tidal wave affixed to his lapel.  He has a rapier on his hip and a light crossbow across his back.  He steps around the captain and addresses the crew.

"Forgive my initial deception my new friends, but it was necessary to gain passage aboard this fine vessel."  With that comment, he tips his hat to the captain.    "Allow me to properly introduce myself.  I am Chase Stillwater.  As Midshipman, I will be fair and honest, but firm on ship rules.  As an adventurer, I represent the eternal flame of the immortal spirit.  I understand that some of you may be uneasy with someone of my...genetic composition...but rest assured, I'm here to help.  I am attuned to the weather patterns of this world and can weave my magic to help us on our journey, wherever it may take us.  Our enemies will quake with fear in our presence and they will know the fury of the sea.  If ever you feel down and out, be certain that Tfop will guide us to victory.  He has guided me out of isolation and slavery and will surely be there to aid us here on the open seas.  I look forward to our journey together."

With that, he bows and hands the floor back to the captain.

Victoria raises her hand as the group disperses.. " Is it true"  and nods " that once you go black.. you never come back?"  It's clear she trying to lighten the mood, but it's also clear that not being around a group of women this quip isn't as funny as it should be.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »
Only Turmon laughs, everyone else has a variety of reactions from annoyed to disgusted to ignorance.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2015, 01:09:56 PM »

Victoria raises her hand as the group disperses.. " Is it true"  and nods " that once you go black.. you never come back?"  It's clear she trying to lighten the mood, but it's also clear that not being around a group of women this quip isn't as funny as it should be.
I thought her name was Veronica?  In any case, Chase gazes at her and responds...

"That, my dear, is as true a statement as ever uttered.  If you play your cards right, perhaps one day you'll find out."

He winks at her and looks to the crowd for a reaction.

"I think some entertainment is in order."  He smiles widely then gracefully makes his way over to Veronica/Victoria and gently, yet firmly, grabs her by the waist.  He locks eyes with her then begins to whistle a haunting rendition of a classic waltz.  He takes the lead and guides her through an extremely enchanting dance routine all the while playing to the crowd and pandering to their glares to lighten the mood.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2015, 01:20:50 PM »

I meant Veronica... woops

I thought her name was Veronica?  In any case, Chase gazes at her and responds...

"That, my dear, is as true a statement as ever uttered.  If you play your cards right, perhaps one day you'll find out."

"I think some entertainment is in order."  He smiles widely then gracefully makes his way over to Veronica/Victoria and gently, yet firmly, grabs her by the waist.  He locks eyes with her then begins to whistle a haunting rendition of a classic waltz.  He takes the lead and guides her through an extremely enchanting dance routine all the while playing to the crowd and pandering to their glares to lighten the mood.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2015, 01:32:11 PM »

The crew roars and cheers at the dance.

However, later the captain with Valdis and Rin, has a stern talking to both of you.  "That fraternization can't be allowed here.  There are two females trapped on a ship of over 60 males.  If anything like that happens again, Sailmaker, you will be dropped off at the next port wherever that is.  Midshipman, set an example and from now on demonstrate restraint and respect to our female crew."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2015, 01:47:27 PM »
The crew roars and cheers at the dance.

However, later the captain with Valdis and Rin, has a stern talking to both of you.  "That fraternization can't be allowed here.  There are two females trapped on a ship of over 60 males.  If anything like that happens again, Sailmaker, you will be dropped off at the next port wherever that is.  Midshipman, set an example and from now on demonstrate restraint and respect to our female crew."
"Understood Captain.  Please forgive my outburst, but I felt it necessary to quell the wave of negative emotions spreading through the crew at that moment.  I will be more mindful of my responsibilities in the future."

"And to you Madam Veronica, I meant no disrespect.  Thank you for indulging me this evening.  Your free spirited nature will go a long way to boost morale on this vessel."

He bows and nods to Veronica, Rin, Valdis, and the Captain. 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2015, 03:23:12 PM »
"Understood Captain.  Please forgive my outburst, but I felt it necessary to quell the wave of negative emotions spreading through the crew at that moment.  I will be more mindful of my responsibilities in the future."

"And to you Madam Veronica, I meant no disrespect.  Thank you for indulging me this evening.  Your free spirited nature will go a long way to boost morale on this vessel."

He bows and nods to Veronica, Rin, Valdis, and the Captain.

Veronica pouts.. " I was just trying to cheer everyone up " (bluff check) sniff " and lighten the moon for such a long and dangerous trip" sniff

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »
The captain continues, "I understand both of your motives, and that is why there will be no discipline actions taken this time.  But there will not be leniency if it happens again."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2015, 05:03:51 PM »
posting and messaging xp:

Veronica - 45

Chase - 40

Rin - 25

Gnearly - 20

Claude - 15

Valdis - 10