Author Topic: The Characters of the Guild  (Read 25988 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: The Characters of the Guild
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 08:50:16 AM »
I was also thinking of a cat burglar type.  But just a straight thief.  If we wanna be robbers, multiple thieves can't hurt. 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 12:25:17 PM »
I was also thinking of a cat burglar type.  But just a straight thief.  If we wanna be robbers, multiple thieves can't hurt.

I agree.  I am sure we can have as many of that type as people are willing to play.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »
Both of my characters are going to have rogue levels.  One will also have some Bard levels.  He will be someone who can be invited into the homes of the wealthy to perform, scout the place out, flirt with the maids to get information, and have a legitimate source of income.

The other will have some as yet unspecified levels other than rogue and be a "Breaking and Entering" type

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »
Some existing guilds in the city:

The Sailors Guild - Those of you that did some part of the Seafaring Campaign know of this world spanning guild of sailors.  It is a legal and generally law abiding guild with 10,000 members.

The Alchemists Guild - With nearly 30,000 members, it is the largest and most powerful guild.  It also is a legal, law abiding guild.  It consists of everyone involved  in some way with the manufacture, transport, and sale of potions and alchemical creations.

Cannonaids - A guild of 5,000 members who are all dedicated to the production of cannon.  A legal guild, they are less popular since they create devices of war and destruction and are generally less involved in civic responsibility.

Epbuleers - A small guild of do-gooders loosely connected to the constables and the religion of Tfop.  They number about 100, but are well known, and either well liked or hated.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 03:42:42 PM »
So.. my seconday character, will be in the Alchemists Guild..  You may call him "The Cleaner" as he will dispose of bodies with acid, and by summoning 1d4 hungry pigs...

"Your always going to have issues lifting a body in 1 piece, I hear it's easier to move if split up into 6 pieces.  Then I hear the best thing to do is to feed them to pigs.  You have to shave them, and pull out their teeth for the sake of the piggies digestion (summoned pigs, this isn't an issue)."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2013, 04:24:16 PM »
Its a good thing you Snatched that idea up before someone else did.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »
So.. my seconday character, will be in the Alchemists Guild..  You may call him "The Cleaner" as he will dispose of bodies with acid, and by summoning 1d4 hungry pigs...

"Your always going to have issues lifting a body in 1 piece, I hear it's easier to move if split up into 6 pieces.  Then I hear the best thing to do is to feed them to pigs.  You have to shave them, and pull out their teeth for the sake of the piggies digestion (summoned pigs, this isn't an issue)."

Now I understand where you got Dexter idea from.  The only problem is that summoned creatures do not take anything they eat with them.   So once they leave what ever they digest will be left where it is.  You could be the Alchemist/pig farmer. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 11:19:05 PM »
So we are going to focus primarily on heists then?

Is this an established guild or one just starting off?

I'm thinking about using a psion specializing in reconnaissance, I haven't figured out whether that means remotely viewing a location or extracting info from someone's brain. Maybe both if I can work out the details.

Thinking straight muscle for the second character if we don't already have it.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 11:26:51 PM »
Based on the characters proposed so far, I am closer to determining the guild's origins.

What you have so far are:

- Cleaner
- Politician
- Intimidater
- Enforcer
- Planner
- Shadow
- Grifter
- Marksman
- Burgler
- 2nd Burgler
- Merchant

Six different races so far.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2013, 11:34:10 PM »
So we are going to focus primarily on heists then?

Is this an established guild or one just starting off?

I'm thinking about using a psion specializing in reconnaissance, I haven't figured out whether that means remotely viewing a location or extracting info from someone's brain. Maybe both if I can work out the details.

Thinking straight muscle for the second character if we don't already have it.

I definitely like the idea of heists as our primary business.  Seems the most excitement would come from these types of jobs.  I picture stuff like Ocean's 11 or Entrapment in which  we pull off amazing robberies that seem impossible.  That being said my secondary character will be dealing in buying and selling of tinkering plans.

Since we are all lower level I like the idea of starting to work for a smaller guild and then as we increase in level then we eventually take over the leadership of it. 

The psion is a really cool idea.  I almost did one but then I got the ideas I am playing now.

As I was typing I just thought of another good secondary character.  DMD would we be able to use the abilities of the Strategist to plan heist?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 11:54:25 PM »
Yes, you could use the Strategist to plan the heist.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 08:26:06 AM »
Now I understand where you got Dexter idea from.  The only problem is that summoned creatures do not take anything they eat with them.   So once they leave what ever they digest will be left where it is.  You could be the Alchemist/pig farmer.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww... ok, so I have a Pig Farm..., under the precedence of making methane!  "Not Shit.... Energy!!!"

How many movie quotes can i work into one character!!!!

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 08:28:11 AM »
My second (action) character is going to be a Psion(Shaper)/Rogue that specializes in burgling.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 09:33:09 AM »
Only two more character ideas to come in before I define the guild in general terms.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »
Both of my characters are going to have rogue levels.  One will also have some Bard levels.  He will be someone who can be invited into the homes of the wealthy to perform, scout the place out, flirt with the maids to get information, and have a legitimate source of income.

The other will have some as yet unspecified levels other than rogue and be a "Breaking and Entering" type
Excuse me but Parker and Rathos are characters in my campaign at this time. You will need a release to play them here.