Author Topic: Setting up the League  (Read 9580 times)

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
Setting up the League
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:20:21 AM »
Here is some info on the different types available.  http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=280

I was thinking of setting up a championship then follow that up with a playoff for the top teams.

I would like to get 8 teams.  Right now I think we have 5.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Setting up the League
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 07:10:51 AM »
I like that setup.  I am going to try and talk my cousin into playing.  If he does decide to play he might need a little time to get used to the game since he has never even played any type of miniature game before.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:18:11 AM »
You can also create your starting team now if you want.  You go to Multiplayer then sign up for a log in.  Then go to the bottom and hit create a team.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »
I am still trying to decide which team to run.  Humans are now in front, but Necro are close.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 12:05:40 PM »
I'm probably set on Skaven.  I'm still looking into how the league actually plays out.  Then we need to make a few decisions.  Are we going to allow star players?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »
I plan to be the Wood Elves.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 12:25:51 PM »
I think we should limit it to one type of team in the league, so only one skaven, only one human, etc.

I vote no to star players (such as Morg N Thorg) if that is what you mean.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 12:28:15 PM »
I don't think it is fair to limit the teams because some teams are clearly better then the others.  Also I wouldn't worry about it to much because even with out a rule we all picked a different team.   I don't care either way about star players.  I think they can help you in the short term but hinder you in the longer term because they get SPP that your other players might other wise get.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:33:03 PM by Windblade »

Offline DSC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 01:22:20 PM »
Hey guys.  I'm Adam, Greg's friend.  I really like the talk we're having regarding the league rules and such.  I would have to agree with the idea that we shouldn't limit one team per race, but it seems everyone is going to play something different anyway (I'll prolly either play Amazons, Norse, or Lizards).  As for star players, we outlawed them in the offline league I played in when I was in school, but looking back, it really doesn't matter.  In a one-of game, yeah they are unfair, but in this scenario it's a real gamble, but it can help you if your team is behind.  The only other thing we have to decide on is whether to you the classic rules or the blitz rules for the league.  There's subtle differences but I'm leaning toward classic rules personally.  As far as start date for the league, i want to give everyone a little bit of time to play the game for themselves before we start, but I'd def want to get the 8 players first. 

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 01:33:06 PM »
We are for sure going to use the regular turn based Blood Bowl rules.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »
Welcome Adam,

Since it looks like we are all doing different teams, it doesn't seem to be a problem.  I just wouldn't want to see 4 of the same team.

In all the leagues I've been in (and they were mostly 10 years ago or more, we never allowed Star Players.  However, as I think about it, one of the major reasons was we played with minis, and no one had the correct minis for star players.  Still, I would prefer to not allow them.

As for Classic vs Blitz, I prefer classic.

I agree we need to give everyone time to get used to the rules and controls.  I also think 8 team would be a good number.  Does anyone know if you can have an AI team mixed on a league with human teams?

Offline DSC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 01:41:22 PM »
I'm not sure about the AI thing, but as far as filling up the 8 spots, I can get a couple of my DOTA 2 friends to play if we need to fill the space.  So there won't be a need for an AI team. 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »
I might play chaos instead of the elves.   I probably won't play the wood elves now that I think about it because they are to fragile for a long season especially if we do more then one season with the same team.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »
I might play chaos instead of the elves.   I probably won't play the wood elves now that I think about it because they are to fragile for a long season especially if we do more then one season with the same team.

But they all have AG4 and Wardancers are great.

Offline DSC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »
Wood Elves are a great team.  Yeah they start out not so great but they mature really well over time, so for multiple seasons, they are quite good.