Author Topic: Calm Wins Until the Stalker Arrives  (Read 8105 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Calm Wins Until the Stalker Arrives
« on: March 31, 2017, 12:18:30 AM »
Thoughts on what you do for two-three months.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Calm Wins Until the Stalker Arrives
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 12:27:15 AM »
how much exp do we get? 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:16:30 AM »
For avoiding a conflict which would have likely resulted in bad news for everyone, each player gets 1250 xp.

Finn and his crew get an extra 750 for setting up the scenario that calmed everyone and held off the violence.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »
The mayor gets lots of good press from the events.  He is lauded as a deal maker and peacebringer who has now lead Grimhold through several scary years to a place of greater abundance than ever before.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 09:47:58 PM »
Thoughts on what you do for two-three months.
Finn continues to develop his farmstead. I'm thinking less commodity crops and more exotic specialty crops to demonstrate the wonders that Habastly creates - fruit, nuts, spices like pineapple, cashews, and saffron. I make liberal use of Habastlian Growth (to reduce wait time), Plant Growth (to increase yield), and Wood Wose (to assist with harvesting and processing the crops).

Fiona spends time in Grimhold under the watchful eye of Bonsai and Dug, handing out flowers to strangers and singing praises to Habastly about the joys of life.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 10:05:36 PM »
Finn continues to develop his farmstead. I'm thinking less commodity crops and more exotic specialty crops to demonstrate the wonders that Habastly creates - fruit, nuts, spices like pineapple, cashews, and saffron. I make liberal use of Habastlian Growth (to reduce wait time), Plant Growth (to increase yield), and Wood Wose (to assist with harvesting and processing the crops).

Fiona spends time in Grimhold under the watchful eye of Bonsai and Dug, handing out flowers to strangers and singing praises to Habastly about the joys of life.
I deputize all of them because they're awesome. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 10:22:31 PM »
Marston continues to do his duty and perform to the best of his ability as Second Sheriff.

I build Brawlers and commission them to all my deputies.  If I can't make enough, I have other skilled crafters help.  I make it the official sidearm of the Grimhold police force.

In my spare time, I search for any trace of my wife.  When it comes to her, I don't believe in cold cases.

I work with Artemus to have the Dispelling ability added to my newly made Brawler.

I'll also commission someone to make me a bad-ass studded leather duster.  I'll message you the particulars when I figure out what I want.

I make sure to visit Finn and his family often to help with the restoration of the land.  I also check on the other citizens to make sure they're okay and that they have access to fresh supplies.  If the blockade continues, I pressure them to stop and let the town continue to import/export goods in accordance with the law.  Arrests will be made if I encounter too much resistance.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 11:39:29 PM »

Tropical fruits are in high demand.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 09:49:32 AM »
I build Brawlers and commission them to all my deputies.  If I can't make enough, I have other skilled crafters help.  I make it the official sidearm of the Grimhold police force.
This makes Gnevil's soul happy, wherever it may be. Unless he turned into some kind of horrific undead when his negative energy pack exploded.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 10:00:56 AM »
In my spare time, I search for any trace of my wife.  When it comes to her, I don't believe in cold cases.
Finn helps however he can, such as by conducting weekly scrying sessions.

Has Marston considered hiring a contract spellcaster to cast Discern Location or Commune? You have coin, and Finn will take you where ever you need to go using transport via plants. We can go back to Habastlai - I'm sure we can find someone there to cast Commune to gather information to help our search.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 10:08:21 AM »
I'll also commission someone to make me a bad-ass studded leather duster.  I'll message you the particulars when I figure out what I want.

Note that Finn has Craft Wondrous and druid spells if there's anything you want that falls into those categories.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 10:09:18 AM »
Finn helps however he can, such as by conducting weekly scrying sessions.

Has Marston considered hiring a contract spellcaster to cast Discern Location or Commune? You have coin, and Finn will take you where ever you need to go using transport via plants. We can go back to Habastlai - I'm sure we can find someone there to cast Commune to gather information to help our search.
That's a brilliant idea.  As long as Marston is authorized to leave Grimhold for brief stints without compromising his responsibility to the town, he takes you up on your offer.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 10:12:52 AM »
Note that Finn has Craft Wondrous and druid spells if there's anything you want that falls into those categories.
Everything just keeps coming up Millhouse for Marston when it comes to Finn.  I'll definitely take you up on that.  It's not often we get a chance to utilize Druid spells, especially for item creation.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 10:14:44 AM »
I make sure to visit Finn and his family often to help with the restoration of the land. 
Marston can come over any time. Family dinner every Sunday at 4pm.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »
This makes Gnevil's soul happy, wherever it may be. Unless he turned into some kind of horrific undead when his negative energy pack exploded.
While we're looking for my wife, I'll inquire about communing with Gnevil to make sure his soul is at peace.  If not, perhaps I could spend some coin on resurrecting him.  I'll gladly sacrifice any personal item creation to make sure Gnevil is at peace.  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:22:49 AM by Malchia »