Author Topic: Making Undeath Great Again  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Making Undeath Great Again
« on: March 03, 2017, 01:13:53 AM »
To start with, xp for surviving the attack:

Finn - wall of thorns saved the day - 1300

Everyone else - 1200
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Making Undeath Great Again
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 01:16:14 AM »
The day of the attack is the 2nd day of the 12th month of 787.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 01:18:07 AM »
Also, Finn does not lose a leg, it is only on natural 20, not any critical hit.  Marston still lost the leg.

Finn instead take 14 points of damage, because I think he is immune to critical hits right now.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 10:03:23 AM »
Artemus used only one 2nd level heal after Windblade left, so he has plenty left to cast if needed.

The crowds begin to make space as more deputies and sheriffs arrive.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »
Right now Marston is on the brink of death, but once I'm coherent again, I issue a warrant for the arrest of the Bladelord and his entourage.  The charges are as follows:

Attempted murder (Marston, Finn, Artemus, Harrick, Bonsai, Dug, and the two deputies that accompanied us) - 8 counts total
Resisting arrest (I read him his rights and asked him to stop his assault while getting my ass kicked)
Disturbing the peace
Destruction of property
Desecration of holy ground (Harrick's temple)
Reckless endangerment (however many people were witness to this and who live/work in the immediate area, so I'm guessing hundreds of counts)
Fleeing the scene of a crime
Threatening an officer of the law (Marston, the two deputies, and freshly sworn in Artemus) - 4 counts
Assault

If I have difficulty enforcing the law or if no one is willing to bring in the Bladelord, I issue a bounty.  I'm not sure how much I can authorize it for, but I'll look into it at my headquarters. 

The bounty will read: "Wanted alive.  A reward of "$" or land outside New Grimhold (if I can authorize that) will be paid for the capture of (Bladelord's Name) and his accomplices (his entourage's names) for crimes against Grimhold Law Enforcement and it's citizens."

On a side note, I'll need to spend my coin on a replacement leg, so I'll need to think of something cool to have implanted.       

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »
Harrick is complacent..

" Many have left Falan.. why are their worried about me.   Is it simple proximity, or are they scared?  Maybe you can call me a deserter, but not a heretic, I don't slander the name of Falan, just the methods of some of his clerics.  It's pretty selfish to create an undead problem here, killing 100's of people just to keep yourself relevant.  Again, there is nothing in Falan's faith that justifies the actions of these few.  The sense of conflict they are propagating is permeating this place.  It's almost palpable.  Many are running to others with a more consistent keel.  I'm not sure the crusaders know they aren't helping Falan's cause.  That being said,  I'll be better prepared for them next time. I will not be terrorized for surviving. "

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 11:53:49 AM »
The deputies begin to gets statements from everyone who saw anything.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »
I will do my best to find away to stop the crusaders from harassing this town.  They have become so caught up in this cause that they are fanatical and are not thinking straight.  They are putting innocent people in danger.  Marston, I will make a leg for you to show you that the faith of Falan is still a good faith.  It is just the actions of these few have been misguided.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 08:45:39 PM »
It doesn't take long for word to spread the the crusaders attacked a constable.  The spin masters that don't like Falan put that information to quick work.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 09:11:39 PM »
I eventually speak to Clement (sp).  Can we have an evangelist sent here.  We really need help keeping people from leaving the faith due to the crusaders.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »
I eventually speak to Clement (sp).  Can we have an evangelist sent here.  We really need help keeping people from leaving the faith due to the crusaders.

The response you get the next time you speak with him is, ~The Evangelists are typically the most fervent and are on the side of the crusaders, but I will look for one.  There are problems everywhere.~

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 10:26:53 PM »
A note on a previously mentioned new resident of Grimhold.

Tyler Golt is the cleric of Lansin, the Pacyri quasi deity of medicine and physicians who was a resident of the plateau until the War of Technology when he fled to Pacyr.  His doctor's office / shrine has been open for a couple months.  He distributed free or heavily discounted medicines and treatments, and preaches while he does.  He is a human, not yet 30 years old.

On the rule side of things, Lancin is Lawful Good with neutral in the Lawful tendencies.  His domains are Healing and Innovation.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 10:09:09 AM »
Also, Finn does not lose a leg, it is only on natural 20, not any critical hit.  Marston still lost the leg.

Finn instead take 14 points of damage, because I think he is immune to critical hits right now.
Whew!

Although, OOC, I am still curious about what happens when you lose a limb in wildshape and revert back to humanoid form. Rules do not address this. There is a line in the "alternate form" ability description that says severed limbs retain their current shape, but doesn't talk about whether your true form is affected. Quadraped animals could be argued either way. Gets more abstract when you consider shapes that don't fit that criteria, like losing a tentacle as an octopus. Or getting your tail cutoff as an alligator. There are some interesting threads out there discussing whether or not a wildshaped druid could be used as a perpetual food source for his party if lost limbs grow back.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 10:13:14 AM »

Note that Finn only has light fortification from the Heart of Earth/Water combo. So 25% chance to negate a critical.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »
Is Gnorton ordered to dispel the terrain illusion as part of his sentence? Or does it expire during the 11 months that passed?