Author Topic: What Has Falan Wrought?  (Read 10985 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
What Has Falan Wrought?
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:38:23 AM »
For the most unique role playing heavy season ending battle in our history, each character gets 3200xp.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: What Has Falan Wrought?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:39:44 AM »
I was a bit off on the date, the arrest of Gnorton takes place on the 15th day of the 5th month.  So Bonzai's birthday has to be changed.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 12:41:21 AM »
Gneon already has the airship moving towards the site to try and investigate.  His message is, get a good night's rest and get ready, unless you can travel that far that fast overnight.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 12:45:06 AM »
Where does Marston put the cleric, the wizard, and the warrior after you arrest them?

You inform Klaus, the head sheriff of what has occurred.  Since you were involved in the incident, he will take charge of the investigation.  None of you are allowed to leave the city under penalty of being arrested.

Note those things happen before night falls and the news of the crusade reaches the city.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 12:45:25 AM »
You can post any questions for The Gardener.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 01:10:50 AM »
Where does Marston put the cleric, the wizard, and the warrior after you arrest them?
They are all placed in separate cells, preferably in separate prisons if we have them to spare.  The cleric is sent to the most protected and heavily guarded one. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 01:12:27 AM »
None of you are allowed to leave the city under penalty of being arrested.
Crap...

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 09:15:08 AM »
They are all placed in separate cells, preferably in separate prisons if we have them to spare.  The cleric is sent to the most protected and heavily guarded one.

There are three jails in the city, two of which are stone, the third of which is nearest New Grimhold and is a wooden structure.

Often, you would put very dangerous prisoners at a temple.  In this case I assume the First Post, Temple of Falan is not an option.  Klaus suggests that Gnorton be put in the shrine of Gruweas, which has room for one in a secure room.

Do you remove all of their equipment and belongings?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »
After being taken away, the wizard Jon is quiet during the process.  He is burned, greased, beaten, and a mess.

The warrior, whose name is Tobin, goes away quietly but as he is basically unharmed, he walks easily and defiantly.

Gnorton the cleric rants the entire way and it takes all of the deputies to drag him.  He makes quite the scene.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
For a timeline of the day, the fights happened shortly after lunch, the word of the earthquake came shortly after midnight.

The intervening hours are filled with word making its way around the city of what happened.  Luckily, as it occurred in New Grimhold, there were few witnesses, the not a lot know by the evening.

You are all forced to give statement and answer questions by Klaus before its time to go to bed.  Klaus is a well known worshipers of Gruweas.  When it comes time to talk to Artemus, Harrick, Finn and Sly; he has the cleric of Gruweas Harris present.  There is no choice unless you want to be immediately arrested than to talk to the sheriff and answer some questions.

Note that all of his questions for now pertain to just the facts of what happened between Gnorton entering the Lame Duck and him being subdued.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 10:04:18 AM »
There are three jails in the city, two of which are stone, the third of which is nearest New Grimhold and is a wooden structure.

Often, you would put very dangerous prisoners at a temple.  In this case I assume the First Post, Temple of Falan is not an option.  Klaus suggests that Gnorton be put in the shrine of Gruweas, which has room for one in a secure room.

Do you remove all of their equipment and belongings?
The shrine of Gruweas will do nicely for Gnorton.  The other two in the two most secure stone prisons.

And yes, I strip them of all their possessions including their holy symbols.  They are being held on charges of assault on an officer, disturbing the peace, destruction of property, and a slew of other charges.  Gnorton is being held on all those charges in addition to attempted murder, religious persecution, and defamation of character against Harrick.  He is also now the primary suspect in a larger crime that compounds his religious persecution charges.  It may sound unorthodox, but we have an eye witness in the form of The Gardener that can testify against Gnorton for creating undead and torturing a good soul.  This act defiles the good nature of Falan's faith and contradicts what Gnorton is persecuting people for.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
The shrine of Gruweas will do nicely for Gnorton.  The other two in the two most secure stone prisons.

And yes, I strip them of all their possessions including their holy symbols.  They are being held on charges of assault on an officer, disturbing the peace, destruction of property, and a slew of other charges.  Gnorton is being held on all those charges in addition to attempted murder, religious persecution, and defamation of character against Harrick.  He is also now the primary suspect in a larger crime that compounds his religious persecution charges.  It may sound unorthodox, but we have an eye witness in the form of The Gardener that can testify against Gnorton for creating undead and torturing a good soul.  This act defiles the good nature of Falan's faith and contradicts what Gnorton is persecuting people for.

Just to be clear, the wizard was the one who initially attacked Harrick.  I don't believe the cleric attacked anyone except the Gardener.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 10:15:42 AM »
Just to be clear, the wizard was the one who initially attacked Harrick.  I don't believe the cleric attacked anyone except the Gardener.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
The wizard is also being charged with attempted murder.  Gnorton attacked Harrick when he walked through the door when Harrick simply walked past him.  He also gave the order to, and I quote, "kill the heretic."  The charges stand.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 10:20:20 AM »
The wizard is also being charged with attempted murder.  Gnorton attacked Harrick when he walked through the door when Harrick simply walked past him.  He also gave the order to, and I quote, "kill the heretic."  The charges stand.

To be fair.. I Fireballed, and Flame Coned the cleric while he was next to the Mage.. He was ordering the mage to "Kill the Heretic" so.. i thought it was self defense :)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 10:33:41 AM »

To be fair.. I Fireballed, and Flame Coned the cleric while he was next to the Mage.. He was ordering the mage to "Kill the Heretic" so.. i thought it was self defense :)
You didn't attack first, so you're still the victim at this at this point.  Don't talk yourself into being charged with anything.  You don't want to be thrown in prison.  They only offer you three square meals a day.  You'd starve to death.