Author Topic: Stick a Stake in Him, He's Done  (Read 8414 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Stick a Stake in Him, He's Done
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »
On another note, word spreads that the vampire Gnoah has been killed.  You all see a poster get put up praising those that destroyed it...called Marston's Destroyers.  THe poster has a picture of a duster-clad human in silhouette with several figures not in much detail flanking him.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »
Another note, because I don't know if I have ever noted this explicitly.  The city of Grimhold is on the northern part of the plateau.

The closest city, to the west, is Nomsincherg.  That is where the temple of Falan, the Bulwark is located.  It is roughly three days west.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 04:11:25 PM »

Harrick slides his Vienna Sausage fingers over so blotchy red skin around his neck and sighs...

"Any Arcane or Divine creation whittle away at the soul of it's creator.. it's the cost of creation.  I can only assume the gods as they be didn't want people to go crazy and had to inflict a cost" .. He raises a roasted chicken wing that was stored securely in the cushion of his chair, and strips the meat from the bone with slightly rounded teeth worn from use.. He speaks.. with his mouth full..
 " Undead are only seen as evil because they are powered by negative energy.  If I was able to power a bone construct with the energy of angles it would show up as good.  However.. I would never suck energy from goodly creatures to power something.  That would be Evil.  I instead choose to power my creations with evil energy.. therefore stealing some of the power of evil.. Making them weaker "  he pauses quivering slightly.. happy at the point he just made.. Stripping a second chicken leg.  "I'm very happy for the goodly deities to admonish the creation of Undead.  Most of the clerics out there aren't up to standards one needs to be to create them safely.  Just like a gunsmith.. you don't want a Average Gnoe creating guns, the goodly powers just don't waste their time putting that into scripture.  And I'm all for destroying undead that is being used for evil, or is self aware, or uncontrolled.  Just like I would be ok with taking clickers, or swords away from those that have used them for evil.  My Argument is that Undead, when used carefully and by a qualified purveyor of undead tools can have a greater good then a simple clicker."
  Harrick bits into a fluffy butterscotch iced cake with bacon slices inside.. and smiles triumphantly at Finn..

It's not very polite to point. The undead are not the same as technology. Clickers are not inherently vile and can exist in balance with life. Technology is not created from the earthly remains of a sentient creature. Nor do they whittle away at the soul of the tinkers that create them.

Undead are categorically evil. Cast a detect evil spell on any undead and tell me what you see. The goodly deities do not allow their clerics to create them. The church of Falan has even sought to distance themselves from the undeath aspect of their religion, as I'm sure you are aware, and even have a group dedicated to eradicating the undead from the faith.

If you can justify the creation of undead based on their utility, what's next? Summoning devils and demons?

"Slippery slopes lead to muddy waters," as my wife is fond of saying.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »
My Argument is that Undead, when used carefully and by a qualified purveyor of undead tools can have a greater good then a simple clicker."
Creating undead brings evil into the world, even if used for the greater good.

I think you walk a dangerous path.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2015, 10:34:57 PM »
Creating undead brings evil into the world, even if used for the greater good.

I think you walk a dangerous path.

... I'd prefer to think of it as a path less traveled..or .. maybe the more.. chaotic path...

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 09:53:55 AM »
Posting xp:

Marston - 30

Harris - 5

Finn and Harrick for your spirited debate - 75 each