Author Topic: Stick a Stake in Him, He's Done  (Read 8408 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Stick a Stake in Him, He's Done
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:42:44 PM »
To start, xp:

For tracking down and finishing the weakened vampire, everyone gets 1400xp.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Stick a Stake in Him, He's Done
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 12:29:30 AM »
After the dust settles and before Gneon tells us about the new threat we face, I ask Harrick if I can use his locate person item to help find my wife.  I ask Finn if he can try to scry her.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:40:54 AM »
The current date is 30/3/786

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 04:34:02 PM »
Can someone post for Tuco and Sly how much their share of the coin is?

Those two are recovered by the time the report of the next undead threat comes in to Gneon.

If there is anything you want to purchase with your coin, lets try and get that done on the boards.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:56:07 PM »
Can someone post for Tuco and Sly how much their share of the coin is?
16,800 gc each

After I ask Finn if he can try to scry her.
I will try my best. Tell me about her. What is her name? What does she look like? Do you have a picture of her, or something that belongs to her?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 07:38:33 PM »
As we only have one day before our next call to action, Harris just follows Finn and Marstan around.  If I get a chance to speak with Gneon I ask him how much it would cost to go up in the blimp to survey for ground suitable for what Harris has in mind.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 10:31:25 PM »
If I get a chance to speak with Gneon I ask him how much it would cost to go up in the blimp to survey for ground suitable for what Harris has in mind.

Gneon responds, "You may come with us when we do our next survey of the area in a month or so.  No charge."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 10:59:14 PM »
The current date is 30/3/786
What was the date when we started with these characters?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 11:02:10 PM »
I will try my best. Tell me about her. What is her name? What does she look like? Do you have a picture of her, or something that belongs to her?
I give you all the information you need when we're in private.  It's difficult for Marston to speak of her due to the nature of her abduction.  I have personal effects of hers that you can use for purposes of scrying.   

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 11:05:45 PM »
On a side note, I make sure to give the Gnomish woman who was turned, then killed a proper burial.  I follow up with the constables to see if they had any luck finding her husband who was charmed and sent out of the house where we found the vampire.  When found, I make sure to offer whatever assistance I can to help him through his loss.  I make sure to tell him we slayed the vampire to help ease his suffering. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 08:55:20 AM »
What was the date when we started with these characters?

I made a mistake, the current date is the 30th day of the 3rd month of 787.

The characters were first approached in Grimhold about going to Mydir on the 1st day of the 10th month of 785.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 08:56:18 AM »
On a side note, I make sure to give the Gnomish woman who was turned, then killed a proper burial.  I follow up with the constables to see if they had any luck finding her husband who was charmed and sent out of the house where we found the vampire.  When found, I make sure to offer whatever assistance I can to help him through his loss.  I make sure to tell him we slayed the vampire to help ease his suffering.

They do find him, along with others that had been charmed.  They don't have time to give you a report before you head out on the new mission.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »
After the dust settles and before Gneon tells us about the new threat we face, I ask Harrick if I can use his locate person item to help find my wife.  I ask Finn if he can try to scry her.

yeah.. sure.. But it's only got about a 10 minute walk range.  And I've used it.. so you have to wait a week.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 10:37:58 AM »
A reminder to think about and spend your coin if you want.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 12:27:20 PM »
It was asked last time, so here is detail.

The city's bank is named Grim Holdings, clearly a name that indicates it was founded by gnomes.  There are three locations. 

The main location near the center of the city, which is newer as it replaced an old shrine of Lakius only a few years ago.  Much of the structure remains, but the additions are making the original purpose less and less recognizable.

There are two other locations.  The original one is on the south side of town, but it has become the least used in the past year.  This is because the western location services the newly constructed city parts and all of the settlers.

The banks are considered very secure, and are known to have anti-incorporeal measures in place (as many joke, because everyone knows how much ghosts care about coin).  They have deals with the closest cities, and also service nearby towns that don't have such a protected place.

The banks are known to be flush with coin, as Grimhold has run a surplus for years because of its energy production.  The owner, who is the son of the founder, is named Vigil Gnevrpoor.  The chief of security is a well known older human with a big mustache named Vernon Kalestagl.  He retired from the constables to work security for the bank, because it pays better.  His departure and the reason for it were a big story when it happened years ago.

Rumor has it that the bank, in conjunction with the mayor's office, is planning to start minting their own currency if the current project with the lands of the skull lord goes well.