1 (14.3%)
Wins a few and takes control of the southern forest
1 (14.3%)
Succeeds in wiping out opposition in the forest and kills Greenfellow
3 (42.9%)
Destroys the world
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Tales of the Heroes  (Read 44445 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Tales of the Heroes
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2021, 08:50:43 AM »
Schurke/Esme would get my vote as the most creative character concept ever.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2021, 09:07:48 AM »
Not pressing, but curious when all characters will have their levels posted.  Not just mine, I'm referring to everyone's characters.  I find it interesting to see what classes everyone has played.  It's good research for future character ideas for the 4th era so as not to duplicate too many character concepts.   

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2021, 09:23:04 AM »
Not pressing, but curious when all characters will have their levels posted.  Not just mine, I'm referring to everyone's characters.  I find it interesting to see what classes everyone has played.  It's good research for future character ideas for the 4th era so as not to duplicate too many character concepts.   

I added levels/classes to the spreadsheet where I'm tracking deaths'.. I was interested to see everyone's final form myself.  Might be a painful exercise as things are getting changed at times.

- winners for most powerful at the moment (not all posted )
  Cloud - level 26
  Keldan - level 26
  Luigi - 25
  Montaron - 23
  Reik 23

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2021, 09:26:06 AM »
That is the name the children gave the permanent Unseen Servant...

This wins as best comment!

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2021, 09:39:14 AM »

I have only not posted levels if the story isn't over or if I didn't get to it yet.  I wasn't doing that from the beginning, so I have to go back and add.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2021, 11:32:03 AM »
Grant part 3

After the age of 60, Grant knew that we was a step slower but a bit wiser.  He hoped that his fight with Razk would be the last epic duel where his opponent wasn't a brother of the faith.  He wanted to train others and spread the faith more.  For forty years he had been a faithful servant of Tyrogatore and tender of the religion in the forest.  Such was the respect for him that he was allowed into Scalehome unwatched to judge certain trials.

This was the case in 812 when the voice of Scalehome called upon his services.  A renowned sheriff and investigator from Owt, Kyle Sharplefe had uncovered evidence of a decades old massacre of residents of the forest.  Terrible tales of being eaten alive by trolls.  Scalehome was implicated in the acts and wanted to make sure the trial was seen as fair, so they allowed Grant to adjudicate.  The trial took many months, with witnesses that were still alive coming forward.  Old wounds were opened and the anger spilled over in the court.  Grant kept control. 

Both sides completed their arguments.  During the trial, the fey barrister named Ikinit was constantly trying everyone's patience and using tricks and loopholes to sidetrack the case.  The efforts were either incompetent or there was some other force working to thwart them.  Grant suspected the latter, but whatever it was, it did not infringe on the case, only the fey's efforts to subvert it.  Grant's conclusion was that the fey had deceived Scalehome and operated a vile effort to strengthen their warriors by feeding them live prisoners.  Grant had long suspected this, as many others had, but now the evidence allowed for a conclusion.

The fey went wild.  Chaos ensued and they blamed Scalehome for the incident.  They did not recognize the ruling, they cried foul and in an effort to clear themselves blamed everyone and every thing: Tyrogatore and his clerics, Greenfellow and his nation, the Fey that sided against them, quasi deity influences, powerful wizards, halfling cooks, lower planar influence, and on and on.  Tens in not hundreds of thousand fey, many of which were born to Habololy over the past two decades and did not know the planes, went into hiding.  Grant was able to name only a few in his decision.  Chief among them were the Devourer and Skaeshin Déantóir Cogaidh, the master of war.  Dusk Trolls were ruled in violation of the right order of life and banished to the planes if found.

After the trial, Grant's fame and infamy grew.  Some thought he would challenge for the role of high cleric of Tyrogatore, but he did not.  The next year's were filled with slights and tricks played on him by the unseelie.  He left reprisals and the hunt for the fey to others.  He took residence at a shrine of Tyrogatore in Dukalia, near his birthplace.  Two years earlier, the duke had died and his son had taken over.  Grant liked the son far better and moving back was a sign of approval.  The shrine became known as Grant's Court.  The fighting arena next to it was bustling with activity.  All seemed well.

One day, he was enjoying the sun on his feet, watching from the second floor as acolytes practiced, calling out direction when needed.  A commotion stopped the action and Grant rocked forward to see.  Old age was terrible.

"It will be quite the battle!  Ten on one!  Are you all allowed to wager in this?" A foppish dwarf and two other walked into the arena and one of the other dwarves looked like a warrior of stone to Grant.  His acolytes would be tested today, good.  Footsteps behind him, old age again sneaking up on him.  Still quick enough, he spun around to face any threat.

"No need to worry," the human said with hand raised in peace.  "We don't want a fight, well at least yet."  Grant had some memory of the human and elf that stood before him.  "Maybe you remember, maybe not.  This is 'Keylin Windsword' and I'm 'Grey Claudemander the 2nd'" the human said while winking. We need you help with a mission."

The elf, shaking his head, said, "Its important, dangerous, and fitting for one of your stature.  Let us tell you what we can."

Having heard what they said, Grant knew he had little choice but to go with them.  Preparations needed to be made and he needed to let some know.  But first, he someone owed him and he would be dragging him along...

Cleric 7 / Emenotan 10 / Keeper of the Arts 7

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2021, 01:33:18 PM »
This group is bad-ass.
 - 25 lvl monk/devotee
 - 23 lvl cleric
 - 26 lvl sword elf something or other
 - 24 lvl monk/cleric
 - whatever daane is
 - whatever claude is

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2021, 02:27:36 PM »
This group is bad-ass.
 - 25 lvl monk/devotee
 - 23 lvl cleric
 - 24 lvl monk/cleric
 - whatever daane is
 - whatever claude is

Daane Bard 5 / Fighter 5 / Silversword 10 / Grandmaster 7

I added Claude's level to his story.

There is also another member of this group that you missed implicitly implied.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 02:30:28 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 28, 2021, 03:02:32 PM »
There is also another member of this group that you missed implicitly implied.

Razk?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2021, 05:29:33 PM »
Only 8 haven't been started.  Getting closer.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2021, 05:53:56 PM »
This group is bad-ass.
 - 25 lvl monk/devotee
 - 23 lvl cleric
 - 24 lvl monk/cleric
 - whatever daane is
 - whatever claude is
That just means DM is setting us up for something big. Bets on number of characters that survive?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2021, 05:57:27 PM »
That just means DM is setting us up for something big. Bets on number of characters that survive?

You'll have to know how many are in the group before the over under is set, the group continues to grow, with more expected tonight.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2021, 06:48:13 PM »
A round of applause for Whitesword for his writings.  Writing is fun, but it takes time.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2021, 07:39:36 PM »
Ari (Part 4)

In 809, Sutyr’s infernal servants succeeded in doing something long thought impossible: they reopened the gate to the Elemental Plane of Fire in the depths of Mount Oneash. The dwarves were driven out and many, including Thane Gramble, were slain. Arion ordered all of the troops in the eastern half of the Kingdom to go the aid of their dwarven countrymen.  For the next 18 months, the armies of Icefia and Gnarland fought against the servants of Sutyr and the denizens of the Plane of Fire.  Ari, with Astrek by his side, led the effort to reach the gate.  Many knights and other heroes perished, but in the heart of the Icefian winter of 811 the gate was closed once again. Among the fallen were Sir Bartholomew Grace, Merkad Firepeak, Sir Charles Castilian and Primius Coustine.

Following the siege, Firfin arrived in Icefia.  Now very old, and the most senior of the masters of all the knightly orders, Firfin informed Ari that he intended to retire, a feat few knights of the Banished Hero ever achieve, and that he would have already have retired but for two things: the various crises around the world and Ari’s reluctance to embrace his obvious station.  With Merid defeated, Firfin informed Ari that the leadership of the Order of the Banished Hero recognized Ari as Grand Master of the Order and would hear no argument.

Ari would spend most of the next three years travelling the world in service of the Order.  Everywhere he went his fame preceded him and the agents of evil fled at even rumor of his arrival. With the grateful assistance of the dwarves of Clan Firepeak and the Castlewright family, a new castle was built for the Order in northern Icefia and more were promised on the Main Continent; if Iott’s dominance ever ended.  Ari remained vigilant for any sign of Nilas’anor, while training a new generation of Knights.

During his travels across the Main Continent, Ari took time to visit Firfin, who had retired to Dukalia.  The place of his birth was now ruled by a young, goodly halfling and Firfin was a part time advisor.  Ari's visit was a happy occasion.  The two spent some time together and went to visit the new Outpost 9, under construction and going to be commanded by Liam Oakenry.  Ari had heard of the impetuous halfling, but never met him.

The outpost wasn't much of anything when the two arrived, but the foundations were a good start.  For several days, the three talked and made merry.  Life in the Great Forest seemed to be going well.  But the specter of Iott loomed and the gathering of three such as them would not go unnoticed.  Spies lurked and it wasn't long before Ari departed.

That he could sense the approach of the group was comforting, though he only heard them when they drew near.  "Yuz iz terrible.  We never make anywhere with you chatter and stompin."  Ari was not one for hiding in these moments, so he walked into the midst of the group.

"Bottles and crosses, wonderful to find you!" said the human that Ari knew.  The others were a collection to be sure, dwarves, a gnoll, and elf and a human.  No spring chickens among them.  One dwarf bowed in a flourish, hat off head low, "An honor and a privilege from one grandmaster to another."

The human stepped forward, making sure the dwarf did not take the lead.  "Ahem, we are in need of your assistance.  Tfop has directed me here, to find you and others.  The mission is, well, unlikely to succeed.  But we have hope and with you there will be.." he counted on his fingers "...well, soon more of us than I can count."

Nothing made Ari happier than a taking the fight directly to the enemy, and this plan was just that.

"One more thing, Tfop says you know someone who will bring our mission lots of luck..."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:02:53 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2021, 07:52:31 PM »

My money is on Haas and Parker