Author Topic: A Broken Ball Restores the World?  (Read 1973 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
A Broken Ball Restores the World?
« on: November 29, 2022, 12:29:23 AM »
If you could PM me your pre-session levels and I’ll post some more details here.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: A Broken Ball Restores the World?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 06:32:47 PM »
“A Broken Ball Restores the World?”

Or, “Castrated with Good Intentions”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 06:53:03 PM »
Couple questions for the assembled group:
  • What was the entity in the sky that tried to electrocute us?
  • Who was our gnomish savior? Carl? What’s his interest in these events?
  • How far across the planes does the Celestial Bureaucracy’s influence extend?
  • It was mentioned that we were successful in halting the incursion of the Bureaucracy into Habololy, can anyone here quantify the current status of the invasion?
  • Can anyone help us get a message back to Nisoru? Or some other commonly known Habololian native.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 06:54:44 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 09:20:53 PM »
  • It was mentioned that we were successful in halting the incursion of the Bureaucracy into Habololy, can anyone here quantify the current status of the invasion?
  • Can anyone help us get a message back to Nisoru? Or some other commonly known Habololian native.

To record the scene:

The room is unchanged in appearance except for the items that surround the current occupants. When you arrive there are four:  An an eight foot tall “Horarian” male. He is wearing heavy leather pants and similar boots. He has a leather forge apron that has seen heavy use, folded at his waist. He is bare chested and heavily muscled. His torso and arms to mid forearm are covered in tattoos. His hair is pulled into a knot. His eyes are like smoldering coals. The tattoos move and change, depicting various events. He is working on a weapon of some sort.

The second is much less imposing. He has a cheerful face and a shaved head. He is sitting a laboratory table mixing various liquids. He is dressed as a monk.

The third is dressed head to toe in the ornate armor you have seen Nisoru wear, but even more decorated and with a full mask that obscures his face. He has a katana and wakizashi. He too appears to be close to 8’ tall from some angles, but you also feels as if you may have shrunk. He is sparring with a Sakor’aki wielding a hekuta. He has faded turquoise scales, that look like thousands of aquamarines, and transition to a worn royal blue at his shoulders an neck. He has a chain shirt but no war mask. He is clearly very old.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 09:23:52 PM »

They stop and observe you (and you interacted with them momentarily) before the “woman” Deirdre arrived. She demanded to know what was happening and the Smith (not the warrior) told her the Celestial Bureaucracy had broken the pact and therefore the Kami would not honor it any longer. She then disappeared.

The  Sakor’aki replies: “I will translate and speak for the Kami.

The entity in the sky was Lei Kung, the evil power of storms and vengeance of the Celestial Bureaucracy. As Habololy has no true power of those specific aspects he would very much like a foothold there.

Your savior was Garl Glittergold, the head of the Fellowship of the Golden Hills, creator of the Gnomish race. He is perhaps the mightiest of all the powers of Protection. Until now only a select few powers retained a presence here on Dakon, in particular those of Protection and Defense.

For the next two questions he waits as the Kami all provide some answers. He then says: “The Celestial Bureaucracy are among the mightiest of all pantheons. They have a presence on innumerable worlds. As the Kami have almost no followers on Habololy their sight is very limited, but your success here is likely just a first step.”

“As for Lord Metakae, we can likely send him a message, though it may take some time.”
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 09:35:33 PM by whitesword »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 09:59:58 AM »
So - we benefited the Kami.

This wasn't something we ment to do.  At least we didn't know we where doing it.  We where only asked stop the Oni from coming to Habololy.  So we did that, Which is good.  However this aligns with what Marius asked us to do.  Which is bad.  We do have some Celestrial Buerocracy powers on Habololy.  Which we probably pissed off.  Which is bad.  So.. this feels bad in general.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 08:36:20 AM »
So - we benefited the Kami.

This wasn't something we ment to do.  At least we didn't know we where doing it.  We where only asked stop the Oni from coming to Habololy.  So we did that, Which is good.  However this aligns with what Marius asked us to do.  Which is bad.  We do have some Celestrial Buerocracy powers on Habololy.  Which we probably pissed off.  Which is bad.  So.. this feels bad in general.
You forgot the we learned that Marius is still manipulating people and information at some of the highest levels, which is bad, but also good.  I mean it's bad that he's manipulating things behind the scenes, but good that we learned of it.  So it is bad that it's good.  No, wait.  It's good that it's bad that it's good.  Or is it bad that it's bad that it's good? 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 06:38:48 PM »
You forgot the we learned that Marius is still manipulating people and information at some of the highest levels, which is bad, but also good.  I mean it's bad that he's manipulating things behind the scenes, but good that we learned of it.  So it is bad that it's good.  No, wait.  It's good that it's bad that it's good.  Or is it bad that it's bad that it's good?

We don't have proof of that.  It is a possibility. 
I am not sure why leaving the portal open would benefit anyone.  Knowing this - that might lead us to the answer. I ask the Sakor-Aki is he knows that answer.  Or if the Kami knows.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2022, 09:54:57 PM »

We don't have proof of that.  It is a possibility. 
I am not sure why leaving the portal open would benefit anyone.  Knowing this - that might lead us to the answer. I ask the Sakor-Aki is he knows that answer.  Or if the Kami knows.

Is your question who if anyone would benefit from leaving the portal open?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2022, 09:35:40 PM »
Is your question who if anyone would benefit from leaving the portal open?

They are all of the same idea.  Who would benefit from leaving it open, or why would we want to leave it open.  Or Why would Marius want us to leave it open.  This is more of the idea of is the leadership on Habololy tainted.   We found it weird that Marius asked us to do the same mission we where went here to do from our leaders. 

I don't remember the powers of Habololy involved in asking us to do this exact thing.  it was more stop the flow of Oni.

Is this all connected to the Iron Tower?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 08:22:14 PM »

They are all of the same idea.  Who would benefit from leaving it open, or why would we want to leave it open.  Or Why would Marius want us to leave it open.  This is more of the idea of is the leadership on Habololy tainted.   We found it weird that Marius asked us to do the same mission we where went here to do from our leaders. 

I don't remember the powers of Habololy involved in asking us to do this exact thing.  it was more stop the flow of Oni.

Is this all connected to the Iron Tower?

The figure dressed as a warrior says (through the Sakor’aki) : “The black paladin’s thoughts are very disordered. Time at the Iron Tower would serve you well.”

The figure at the laboratory table says : “The powers of your world have a reputation for assiduously avoiding interference in the affairs of mortals; perhaps even more so than Deirdre’s master. I doubt they will change even for this new threat. As for why the portal remains open and who would benefit, and the role of the Iron Tower, there are many facets. Everywhere the culture of our followers gains strength, the followers of the Celestial Bureaucracy will work in opposition. The return of the Iron Tower to the Horarians, in time, will reinvigorate our ways among them. The portal would allow the powers of the Bureaucracy to exert some power on Habololy.”

The smith who has remained silent then speaks. Even though the Sakor’aki translates, his voice compels all of you to remain perfectly still and listen intently. “Dakon is the only world where the Dark One still exerts power through clerics, but it is also his prison. As long as the rift remains open he will also be able to send more servants to Habololy. But if they can be destroyed there or banished back to Dakon, they will suffer his wrath, for he is utterly without mercy.”

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 10:17:41 PM »
The figure dressed as a warrior says (through the Sakor’aki) : “The black paladin’s thoughts are very disordered. Time at the Iron Tower would serve you well.”

The figure at the laboratory table says : “The powers of your world have a reputation for assiduously avoiding interference in the affairs of mortals; perhaps even more so than Deirdre’s master. I doubt they will change even for this new threat. As for why the portal remains open and who would benefit, and the role of the Iron Tower, there are many facets. Everywhere the culture of our followers gains strength, the followers of the Celestial Bureaucracy will work in opposition. The return of the Iron Tower to the Horarians, in time, will reinvigorate our ways among them. The portal would allow the powers of the Bureaucracy to exert some power on Habololy.”

The smith who has remained silent then speaks. Even though the Sakor’aki translates, his voice compels all of you to remain perfectly still and listen intently. “Dakon is the only world where the Dark One still exerts power through clerics, but it is also his prison. As long as the rift remains open he will also be able to send more servants to Habololy. But if they can be destroyed there or banished back to Dakon, they will suffer his wrath, for he is utterly without mercy.”

Dylan turns and laughs.. " Godrich, your unordered"  He thinks through what was said.     " I'm confused, Seems like the Bureaucracy will make habololoy less like habololy.   So we should have destroyed the rift.  Knew it.  I am happy to fight the dark ones Cleric on habololy, but they can be hard to find and harder to defeat.   How about that rift - Can the Kami destroy the rift? 

« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 03:00:48 PM by Zunder »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2022, 08:33:09 PM »
XP?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2023, 08:22:54 PM »
XP?
As usual I’m not withholding XP to try and keep the board play going. So far I’d say it’s not working.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2023, 10:16:57 PM »
Message me your current level with class breakdown please