Author Topic: Unphriendly Phobos  (Read 23645 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Unphriendly Phobos
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2016, 08:29:56 AM »
Ari will tell the story of the Falan debacle. Albeit a bit sheepishly when he gets to the part where he had a mental breakdown. Confessing to Avorern will help relieve some of Ari's guilt.

Sh'Aar comments while you are skipping parts " Lord Arishimoto, don't forget the part where you tried to arrest the deity, it truly speaks to your unflappable will and drive to do right by our world"

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2016, 08:30:37 AM »

Sh'Aar comments while you are skipping parts " Lord Arishimoto, don't forget the part where you tried to arrest the deity, it truly speaks to your unflappable will and drive to do right by our world"

"Excuse me, I meant Former Lord Governer Arishimonoto"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2016, 04:49:50 PM »

"Excuse me, I meant Former Lord Governer Arishimonoto"

Avoreen listens intently to your story.

"That is most worrisome. I know little of Falan except from a few stories Stasis and Mouser have related over the years. I have little doubt that Obelisk will cause you trouble in time.  Many centuries ago my brother Brandobaris faced a similar dilemma. He unwillingly became the power of greed among our people. Though we are less prone to greed than the other elder children, gluttony is our curse, sometimes our love of beautiful things and curiosity can change to greed over time.  Brandobaris was unaware he had inherited the trait until it became difficult for him to visit the Green Meadow. When Yondalla discerned what was happening she trapped him on the Mount for an entire year. Much like what befell Stasis, during that time his clerics were weakened and many of his followers were persecuted. To this day we keep a careful eye on him and in truth he visits less often than he did before.  I don't have the gift of foresight, except perhaps in a duel, but I suspect Falan will ultimately fade and pass. The rest of his aspects don't seem strong enough to me to sustain a single sphere power."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2016, 10:51:21 PM »
Hearing no further comments . . .

After breakfast the bulk of the army departs. The mound and tent remain. Avoreen departs but the Keepers and the other celestial servants remain. You cannot make out the words but you are sure you hear raised voices from within the tent.

A little over an hour passes and your company grows restless. A group of figures emerges from the tent, several of which most of you recognize. Midan of the Guardians and Buld Mountainmagic of the church of Stasis, Maglore Ovet (who looks less weary here on the outer planes), Verconis (who bears several scars from Ares' spear) and a woman of indeterminate race bearing Stasis' symbol.

Verconis says to you "My friends, I am sorry your journey here was fraught with betrayal. I wish you well. Perhaps our paths will cross again."

Maglore says "We will return to the Temple.  Before we depart may I present to you Lady Arbyia, Stasis' champion here among the outer planes." 

Kerkley is sure she is an Aasimar but otherwise she reminds you immediately of Shaar. She resembles an elf but has vaguely opalescent skin, short jet black hair and nearly colorless blue eyes. She wears a breast plate and (as you would expect) is armed with a bastard sword.  She exchanges greetings with all of you and departs with Buld.

Maglore opens a gate to Elysium and by the end of the day you return to the Vale.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2016, 10:55:14 PM »
Once back in the Vale, Kerkly takes his leave of the others and doesn't much interact for a while.

Benlin goes to research what it would mean in new Falan loses his spheres of influence as a deity.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2016, 11:35:38 PM »
Once back in the Vale, Kerkly takes his leave of the others and doesn't much interact for a while.

Benlin goes to research what it would mean in new Falan loses his spheres of influence as a deity.
Rubius returns to Emelda, Rubian, and Ruby.

"My dear friends, it's been far too long since I've laid eyes on my beautiful family.  I'll take my leave unless anyone needs me imminently.  Please stop by when you have a chance and I'll prepare you all a meal."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2016, 11:22:19 AM »
Rubius returns to Emelda, Rubian, and Ruby.

"My dear friends, it's been far too long since I've laid eyes on my beautiful family.  I'll take my leave unless anyone needs me imminently.  Please stop by when you have a chance and I'll prepare you all a meal."

Before you depart Escalon asks you to listen to what Maglore has to tell of the meeting of the powers. All of the Council of Ten, except Tania and Acure, are present as well as many of their seconds. Also present are Nisoru, Buld and Michael from the Church of Stasis, the high clerics of Tyrogatore, Tfop, Arsur'anyodel and Hemator for Icefia.

Maglore says: "No mortals attended the meeting of the powers. They met during the night in Behamut's lair. The events were related to me by Aezir.

All the heads of the Elder pantheons were present with Behamut standing for the Saurials, for their lord is believed to be imprisoned by the calamity on Dakon just like the dark one. Jazirian, who is respected by all agreed to serve as a neutral party, though his friendship with the Elder children and powers of the Mount is known by all.

For the humans Tyr and Oghma stood and Stasis attended as his possession of the Throne seemed to play some part in this controversy.

Athena, who has been a friend to Stasis and a student of Jazirian was invited to attend on behalf of the Olympians. She came but Zeus and Deimos, the other son of Ares, arrived as well. They claimed to speak on behalf of not only Olympus but the Beastlands as well. They bore a sigil of Stronmus in support of their claim.

In short Zeus demanded that all of you who took part in the battle against Phobos be handed over for one hundred years of slavery to Ares, that the Asgardians pay a heavy recompense for Ares and Phobos and that Stasis hand over the Throne of Aruvatar to Athena.

Needless to say his demands were not well received. All attempts to reason with him, and admittedly between Tyr and Moradin much of the reason had to be filtered out of streams of invective, failed. To make matters worse Deimos continually interrupted with insults and threats to the point that Jazirian expelled him from the lair. When he attempted to renter Jazirian dismissed him back to the Grey Wastes, which enraged Zeus even further.

The end result is this. There is now a true war in the upper planes. Zeus and Stronmus have allied against Asgard and have pledged to invade Ysgard when the Beastlands are secure. Zeus threatened all of the elder children with war across the planes. All of the elder children are unified against them and Corellon has already warned Zeus that the Seldarine will close the paths to Olympus in Arborea.
Tyr wants to expel Athena from the Mount but Jazirian is attempting to salvage some place for her. She could easily perish, or at least diminish in rank if forced to flee to Olympus.

Most of this means little for us here on Habololy, except that Stronmus has vowed to slay Tyrogatore and Zeus has pledged to aid him. There is a high bounty on his clerics and champions now throughout the planes.

Jazirian and Garl Glittergold believe that Maab, the unseelie queen, has manipulated all of this. She saw the weakening of the Beastlands and insinuated the idea of the assault in the minds of the Lords of the Nine. She clearly tried to have you kidnapped before your meeting with the Daghda. She likely manipulated Phobos with the idea that the Throne should have gone to Athena.

For all of you, turning to Ari, Kerkley, Parker and Rubius, there will likely be attempts to kidnap you here on Habololy but what form it will take we do not know. The Olympians have no presence here and Stronmus seems fixated on Tyrogatore. Given your roles as champions of the light you are always in some degree of danger. What you must guard against now is that it may not be servants of evil that strike at you."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »
When Benlin hears of this, he asks, "Are there no such bounties on myself, Sha'ar, or Thadyius?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2016, 12:53:36 PM »
When Benlin hears of this, he asks, "Are there no such bounties on myself, Sha'ar, or Thadyius?"

Thus far we have not heard your names. It may be that because Thaydius was unconscious during the battle with Phobos and the rest of you did not take part in bringing the Throne to Stasis that you are not concerning to them. Or they may not know your names yet. Kerkley and Möbius have been legends for five centuries. Ari and Parker have gained considerable fame for finding the Throne.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2016, 09:10:57 PM »
For all of you, turning to Ari, Kerkley, Parker and Rubius, there will likely be attempts to kidnap you here on Habololy but what form it will take we do not know. The Olympians have no presence here and Stronmus seems fixated on Tyrogatore. Given your roles as champions of the light you are always in some degree of danger. What you must guard against now is that it may not be servants of evil that strike at you."
*Shrugs* Maybe it would be easier to keep a list of people not trying to kill us?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:43:19 AM by Hero »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »
*Shrugs* Maybe it would be easier to keep a list of people not trying to kills us?

Benlin says, "Wait, is that supposed to be funny?  That's not funny."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2016, 10:01:42 PM »
Benlin says, "Wait, is that supposed to be funny?  That's not funny."
Kind of funny. Also kind of true.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2016, 10:31:18 AM »
So what now?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2016, 03:43:56 PM »
So what now?

Escalon says: "That is largely up to you. We, the Guardians and faithful of Stasis, may be called upon to play some role in the war in the upper planes, but here on Habololy many challenges present themselves. Marius realm remains, the Fey war rages in the Great Forest, Usicis and Iscen remain at large, as do the last five Tanari, the Kingdom seems likely to join the Republic in battle against the pirates, the King Taker and Tyrant Maker have not been seen in some time . . . " "Unless some immediate catastrophe presents itself I would suggest you give your goals some thought. As always you are all welcome to remain here as long as you wish."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2016, 03:48:23 PM »
If I recall correctly everyone took part in both battles (the last two sessions). 850xp per level to all characters.