Author Topic: Counsil Meeting of 816  (Read 9765 times)

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Counsil Meeting of 816
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2021, 01:15:18 PM »
Did Tfop’s alignment change? I thought he was CG.

That is basically Chaotic Good.  He in between Neutral Good and Chaotic Good. I think he has always been this alignment but I could be wrong. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2021, 04:19:08 PM »
Listed as CG in the Habololy Handbook. Tfop also has feyalin (CG paladin, like Ari), which means he should be CG.

Change in alignment = no more Tfop feyalin?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2021, 04:36:48 PM »
Listed as CG in the Habololy Handbook. Tfop also has feyalin (CG paladin, like Ari), which means he should be CG.

Change in alignment = no more Tfop feyalin?

I think he’d have to go all the way to NG.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2021, 05:28:47 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was based on the alignment of the followerand not just the god (obviously as long the alignments aren't too far apart)  So a neutral good god could have a chaotic good follower who is a Feyalin.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2021, 06:03:17 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was based on the alignment of the followerand not just the god (obviously as long the alignments aren't too far apart)  So a neutral good god could have a chaotic good follower who is a Feyalin.

Yes, as long as the deity allows it.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2021, 06:41:04 PM »
Yes, as long as the deity allows it.

Interesting. I thought the opposite, that only LG and CG powers could have paladins and the other powers had Templars.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2021, 09:51:02 PM »
Interesting. I thought the opposite, that only LG and CG powers could have paladins and the other powers had Templars.
This was my understanding as well.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2021, 12:39:00 AM »
This was my understanding as well.

That is the rule of thumb, and a character cannot be one unless the deity allows it.  Tfop would not have a templar and his allowance of Feyalin is a throwback to when his faith was a bit more chaotic.

Habastly, Smofarf, etc cannot and would not have Feyalin.  Falan, Treetop, etc would not and cannot have templars.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2021, 11:36:59 PM »
Quan Yin (Lawful Good)

The religion of Quan Tin began to change before the Counsil Meeting of 791.  When Iott joined the war between the Shelleshe and Destroyt, they annihilated a pirate fleet and removed the veil from the eyes of the rest of Kathow-tio-Horari.  Shortly after, the nation split and Quan Yin and her religion began a migration from reclusive pacifism.  What was for a long time an internal Theocracy with a pirate shell became a through and through theocracy.

This form did not last long.  The Horarians realized after a few years that the freedom that was required to exist with the world without the pirates as a go between would require a different governmental style.  A queen, appointed by the religion, would rule the government.  The high cleric was then free to focus on expanding the faith and evolve the religion.

The plagues offered the chance for the religion to spread as it healed and cured fearlessly.  The Iottian reign offered the religion a chance to spread its message of peace and love in the face of tyranny and war.

The elevation of Quan Yin in 816 was not a surprise to any mindful cleric.  No religion had spread more between meetings, except perhaps Kallark's before it was destroyed.  No deity had transformed more than Quan Yin by adding a variety of aspects.

The high cleric is Yukora, the mother of five and expert gardener.  She has been high cleric for twenty years and is now in her mid fifties.  She is constantly visited and never leaves the high temple.

The best known member of the faith is considered mythical by many.  A fey convert to the faith, Esterlina'rey is said to visit those that are sick with plague or unable to conceive and bless them in Quan Yin's name.  The fey is credited with converting thousands to the religion by granting these miracle blessings all over the main continent.

Power - Lesser Deity

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2021, 11:39:43 PM »
One aspect that grew dramatically during the reign of Iott and has not been cornered by a deity is that of Orphans.  The plagues and wars combined with a spike in births during the 790s has lead to more orphans than the world has ever seen.

A variety of deities compete to claim the mantle of parent to all orphans.  Quan Yin, Tyrogatore, Tfop, Corahakar and Wandle are all noted near the top of the list.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2021, 08:54:07 AM »
One aspect that grew dramatically during the reign of Iott and has not been cornered by a deity is that of Orphans.  The plagues and wars combined with a spike in births during the 790s has lead to more orphans than the world has ever seen.

A variety of deities compete to claim the mantle of parent to all orphans.  Quan Yin, Tyrogatore, Tfop, Corahakar and Wandle are all noted near the top of the list.

Time for another Orphan campeign?  Poor Raven...

Call it Children of the Plague.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 09:12:21 AM by Zunder »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2021, 09:44:30 PM »
Celetal (Neutral Neutral)

The religion of Celetal was the beneficiary of circumstances that lead to her advancement.  The splintering of Lakius faith lead those they revered solitude and hermitage to leave his faith.  Many of those became worshipers of Celetal.  Everentual's religion, floundering after its failed plot against Tyrogatore and Stasis, reeled further when its leadership did not prevent Iott from defeating Hertoplowis.  For the first time in hundreds of years, Celetal's religion took the first seat in the nation.

Iott's rise lead many to distrust magic.  Some of those, fled to Celetal's faith, hoping that psionics could protect them.  Similarly, when magic began to fail, some turned to psionics.  In addition to faithful turning to the worship of Celetal as magic failed, the world in general needed psionics more.  The overall use and notoriety of it aided Celetal's as the world's only known deity of psionics.

All of those factors lead to Celetal's elevation on the Counsil, the judge of the mind and risen up to equal the judge of the body in status.

The high cleric up until the recent change in leadership of Hertoplowis was Ugenna Shallon, who lives a hermit's life and was responsible for calling many former faithful of Lakius to Celetal.  Although still alive, she would not leave her monastery for Hertoplowis and the role was taken from her.  The new high cleric is also not the ranking cleric of Hertoplowis, who turned down the role.  The honor was given to Germur Ferdenlu, the crystal dwarf high cleric of Celetal.  Over two hundred years old and as devout as any cleric, he had spent many years in the underdark and in Hertoplowis.

Power Level - Greater Deity 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2021, 11:09:19 AM »
Arsenal (Neutral Neutral)

The faith of Arsenal was large before the Counsil meeting of 791.  It was only the tentativeness of the Counsil that had held him back to that point.  Realizing that he would almost certainly transcend to the planes if they denied him again, the Counsil agreed to give him a seat.  His religion grew greatly once he was on the Counsil, and many thought they would have to elevate him again in 816.  He was not elevated, and the battle for who else will claim a part of the technology portfolio continues.

Although he does not like arcane magic, Arsenal is not an emotional deity.  Crusades and vengeance are not in his nature.  His faithful advocate for technology, but avoid the mistakes of their Tinkocracy predecessors.  Iott has given them enough talking points that they do not need to create their own or press the issue.  The religion focuses on creating clickers that make life better and advocating how they are better than magic, especially arcane magic.

The high temple of Arsenal is on the Great Plateau was placed in Tenewton.  It was chosen because the city was suffering economically and the high temple and notoriety brought by it have revitalized the city.  It was chosen to demonstrate that Arsenal is not Highlander, and the temple was not placed in the city of Highland.  Nor was it placed in Nomsincherg, to show that Arsenal is not only a deity for gnomes.

The high cleric is Avegnster Kreedenful, who was chosen shortly after Arsenal gained a seat on the Counsil.  Not a tinker gnome racially, nor a machinehead, he is better able to interreact with other religions.  He is an ally of Gneon.

Power Level - Demi God

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2021, 03:00:46 PM »
Melodi?  Templar, Paladin, or Feyalin, and are they called "Librarians?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2021, 05:46:15 PM »
Melodi?  Templar, Paladin, or Feyalin, and are they called "Librarians?"

I had not thought about this and leave it open for discussion.