Author Topic: Update  (Read 3690 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Update
« on: July 26, 2020, 10:36:10 PM »
Part 1

We last left the constables at the Severing. The winter following the Severing in Portet was difficult for both residents and those deployed to the city. News, and rumor, of the events inside the Temple swept through the city and surrounding towns. The elves long had an ambivalent relationship with Falan’s church and the claims that this mysterious event had “cured” Falan of his taint were met with suspicion.

Not long after, Lord Arishimoto departed and was replaced as governor by a Rose elf, High General Amana Rosetree. Her military approach to matters combined with her heritage is well received by all but the most hard line Scaled Elves and the growing contingent of foreign “entrepreneurs”.

In light of the stressful and sometimes hazardous nature of the assignment, constables are given extended periods of leave away from the city throughout 787 and 788.  In addition all are awarded hazard pay.

During your time in the city a sense of normalcy, or at least somewhat predictable routine, develops. The end of the blockade allowed trade to resume, but those that had traded with the Scaled Nation are not the ones that take advantage of the new opportunity.  By late 787 it is clear that are several groups with conflicting and overlapping interests at work in the city. Most prominent among them are the Redleafs but there are Horarians, Islanders and Layraedians as well. Not all are criminals, at least not in the professional sense, but their disagreements led to a cycle of reprisals.

While the constables are responsible for policing the city, they are aware that the Knights and the marines have had to contest with spies and infiltrators from the north.

On top of all of this the winters are harsh even by Icefian standards in both 87 and 88.

Early in 788 Sgt. Windbourne is promoted and transferred to Cape Tolya. He is sorry to leave you and welcomes any of you to join him when you are released from this assignment. You give him as good a send off as you can manage. Bryvis is promoted, unexpectedly to replace him.

In the ninth month of 788, as the winter looms, the entire cohort that was assigned to Portet with you is assembled at the temple of Stasis. High Constable Caladrian addresses you as a group and then thanks all of you individually. You are all given a month of paid leave and then returned to your previous duty station. You are directed to report for duty in Phiam on the first day of the 11th month.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 10:39:58 AM »
Looks like 26 month of downtime xp?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »
Looks like 26 month of downtime xp?

Yes with a 10% bonus as you weren’t really idle.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 11:46:32 AM »
Yes with a 10% bonus as you weren’t really idle.

is that level * 26 * 10%?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 11:47:37 AM »

is that level * 26 * 10%?

level * 260 * 1.1

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 11:48:13 AM »
In that down time, Robert looks for gloves that provide a minor increase to Dexterity.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 11:54:18 AM »
Does anyone have any recollection of Robert having an assistant / sidekick?   I should have had one as part of my class, but perhaps he didn't' come in story line yet.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »
Does anyone have any recollection of Robert having an assistant / sidekick?   I should have had one as part of my class, but perhaps he didn't' come in story line yet.

I think Tannik was going to be your sidekick?

Thanks for posting. I forgot to say everyone should post what you do with your various leave. Realistically you can go to Fort Pinceer or Cape Tolya for your periods of leave while still assigned to Portet. You can go anywhere in Icefia during the break before you report to Phiam.

Also, there will be a second period of XP so might as well hold off.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 12:09:13 PM »
In that down time, Robert looks for gloves that provide a minor increase to Dexterity.

You’ve all accumulated about 2500gc just in pay and assume another 1500 in items worth trading.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 12:36:13 PM »
You’ve all accumulated about 2500gc just in pay and assume another 1500 in items worth trading.

Robert sees if there is a government trading post or some way that he doesn't have to spend all that to get his gloves.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 02:23:08 PM »
Robert sees if there is a government trading post or some way that he doesn't have to spend all that to get his gloves.

There’s no formal trading post but the high temple of Tyrogatore in Cape Tolya will give you a +2 set of gloves for four weeks of training serving as an instructor to young practitioners.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 02:37:48 PM »
There’s no formal trading post but the high temple of Tyrogatore in Cape Tolya will give you a +2 set of gloves for four weeks of training serving as an instructor to young practitioners.

Is that payment for the training?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 03:04:07 PM »
What would Gneetagh have to do in order to score a +6 belt or gauntlets of strength?  A lot can be accomplished in 26 months.  I can train new recruits, I can teach languages, and I'm a pretty good weapon smith.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 03:21:16 PM »
Is that payment for the training?
yes

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 03:24:56 PM »
What would Gneetagh have to do in order to score a +6 belt or gauntlets of strength?  A lot can be accomplished in 26 months.  I can train new recruits, I can teach languages, and I'm a pretty good weapon smith.

An item that powerful is too uncommon to be bartered for. You could get a few +2 items if you spent all your leave (which totals about 4 months including the month at the end).