Author Topic: Went out for one Artifact came back with another. Happens to Parker all the time  (Read 11119 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Can I take this to mean you all depart? If so where do you go?
Rubius suggests we return to the Guardian Vale.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Rubius suggests we return to the Guardian Vale.
Agreed

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
You teleport back to the edge of the Vale and find Isolder and Alyssa on patrol. From there you walk the rest of the day to the valley floor. As you walk you get the uncomfortable feeling the black sword is plotting and would kill you and flee if it could. Rubius, Sha’ar, Thaddeus and Argest are the only ones who can handle it without violent resistance or it attempting to exert its will over you.

Upon arriving at the town Ecscalon and Emerius, the massive orc bladelord, come to greet you. As soon as you come within 30’ of Escalon the sword writhes and emits a psychic shriek. It wrestles it’s way free and for a moment skitters along the ground before Emerius stomps on it, pinning it to the ground with 500lbs of muscle and armor.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
You teleport back to the edge of the Vale and find Isolder and Alyssa on patrol. From there you walk the rest of the day to the valley floor. As you walk you get the uncomfortable feeling the black sword is plotting and would kill you and flee if it could. Rubius, Sha’ar, Thaddeus and Argest are the only ones who can handle it without violent resistance or it attempting to exert its will over you.

Upon arriving at the town Ecscalon and Emerius, the massive orc bladelord, come to greet you. As soon as you come within 30’ of Escalon the sword writhes and emits a psychic shriek. It wrestles it’s way free and for a moment skitters along the ground before Emerius stomps on it, pinning it to the ground with 500lbs of muscle and armor.
"Hi guys. So.....good news/bad news. Uscis is dead. But Marius got away.  Oh, and we were able to recover the Hunter. But we may have restarted the war with the Scaled Elves. So a productive day overall, I'd say."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Escalon says: “Cacya sent word when it appeared you were going to remain and confront the elves. Even if Uscis has not been permanently slain the recovery of the Hunter is a tremendous victory.  Thale Blazingem and Lord Vanyar will be here tomorrow with a special chest to contain it.”

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Escalon says: “Cacya sent word when it appeared you were going to remain and confront the elves. Even if Uscis has not been permanently slain the recovery of the Hunter is a tremendous victory.  Thale Blazingem and Lord Vanyar will be here tomorrow with a special chest to contain it.”
What happens when Thale Blazingem and Lord Vanyar get here?  Are they planning on destroying the sword?  Rubius offers to assist in any way possible.

To Roland: "Is there any way we could use your newly acquired weapon and armor set to track Marius?  We really need to put an end to his tyranny."

To the group: "Can anyone Scry Marius if Roland's gear can't help?  I think we should focus on tying up that loose end and let the fine diplomats of the Guardian Vale handle the situation with the Scaled Elves.  If we allow Marius to roam free, he'll continue to manipulate others and bend them to his will.  The Elves will never truly be free until he's out of the picture."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
What happens when Thale Blazingem and Lord Vanyar get here?  Are they planning on destroying the sword?  Rubius offers to assist in any way possible.

To Roland: "Is there any way we could use your newly acquired weapon and armor set to track Marius?  We really need to put an end to his tyranny."

To the group: "Can anyone Scry Marius if Roland's gear can't help?  I think we should focus on tying up that loose end and let the fine diplomats of the Guardian Vale handle the situation with the Scaled Elves.  If we allow Marius to roam free, he'll continue to manipulate others and bend them to his will.  The Elves will never truly be free until he's out of the picture."
Escalon replies: “They will imprison the sword and secure it in the vault in Castle Gemblade. Much research has been done about the sword in a hope to find a way that it can be destroyed and many methods have been tried without success. Perhaps our friend Asinjin could spend some time on the subject.”

Roland says: “Scrying is something I know nothing about. I was told the katana could banish Marius if used to strike the killing blow but it seemed to me he was not present to be banished.”

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Escalon replies: “They will imprison the sword and secure it in the vault in Castle Gemblade. Much research has been done about the sword in a hope to find a way that it can be destroyed and many methods have been tried without success. Perhaps our friend Asinjin could spend some time on the subject.”
I'm sure Asinjin would be happy to help.  A weapon like that shouldn't be allowed to exist. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Roland says: “Scrying is something I know nothing about. I was told the katana could banish Marius if used to strike the killing blow but it seemed to me he was not present to be banished.”
Since it seems we'll be reaching out to Asinjin about the sword, perhaps he would be able to locate Marius for us while he's at it.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
I'm sure Asinjin would be happy to help.

Asinjin....happy....
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Asinjin....happy....
What can I say...Rubius is an eternal optimist.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Thale and Martine arrive the next morning with a small retinue of soldiers. Martine is fully armed, wearing the Champion’s Mantle and carrying the black shield. After greetings are exchanged the soldiers place a stout lead and adamant case on the ground. It appears to be filled with mud. Boram Firepeak, the Temple’s master of unarmed combat, emerges from the main tower wrestling the sword as if it were a constrictor snake. Moebius, Kerkley’s massive Minotaur comrade, runs over and grabs the sword. Together they force it into the case whereupon it lets out a terrible psychic shriek before Martine slams the case shut and Thale seals it with a symbol of power. Moebius and Boram look spent and are both cut badly.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:01:22 PM by whitesword »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Thale and Martine arrive the next morning with a small retinue of soldiers. Martine is fully armed, wearing the Champion’s Mantle and carrying the black shield. After greetings are exchanged the soldiers place a stout lead and adamant case on the ground. It appears to be filled with mud. Boram Firepeak, the Temple’s master of unarmed combat, emerges from the main tower wrestling the sword as if it were a constrictor snake. Moebius, Kerkley’s massive Minotaur comrade, runs over and grabs the sword. Together they force it into the case whereupon it lets out a terrible psychic shriek before Martine slams the case shut and Thale seals it with a symbol of power. Moebius and Boram look spent and are both cut badly.
Ari activates his fast healing aura for Boram and Moebius. “Well done, my friends. That looked like it took a lot of effort. You know, Rubius grappled with that thing too. He was able to pin it down by himself. And he’s like 1/8 of your combined size. Not that I’m comparing you to him. I’m just saying he’s got a lot of heart. So, how are those wounds looking now?”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Do any of the Guardians have any insight on the condition afflicting Uscis? He was doing more oozing than in our previous encounters.

Also, what’s the prevailing theory on Marius? Was that some sort of shadowy projection of himself? How do we find the real version?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Ari activates his fast healing aura for Boram and Moebius. “Well done, my friends. That looked like it took a lot of effort. You know, Rubius grappled with that thing too. He was able to pin it down by himself. And he’s like 1/8 of your combined size. Not that I’m comparing you to him. I’m just saying he’s got a lot of heart. So, how are those wounds looking now?”

Astrek gives you a hiss at the by himself comment.

Moebius mutters something about “I miss real samurai . . . Tursonian punk . . .”