Habololy Concepts > White Necromancer

So what exactly is white necromancy?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Windblade:

--- Quote from: Asinjin on February 16, 2012, 08:51:40 AM ---I thought the DoF filled that role.

--- End quote ---

I think what everyone is saying is that the DoF doesn't fill that role very well because if I remember correctly it includes other aspects of Falan that aren't necromancy.  So the "true necromancer" who is purely magic and undead focused is missing.  We discussed this before when we went over prestige classes but you didn't seem too concerned that we didn't fill that role.   Although I disagree because Necromancers are a part of Habololy tradition and they have been some powerful & prominent enemies.

Hero:
So isn't the "true necromancer" big into undead? How can you have a good necromancer when, by the rules, the act of creating undead is inherently evil...all the undead creation spells have the evil descriptor, so they can only be cast by someone neutral or evil.

Zunder:

--- Quote from: Hero on February 16, 2012, 10:35:29 PM ---So isn't the "true necromancer" big into undead? How can you have a good necromancer when, by the rules, the act of creating undead is inherently evil...all the undead creation spells have the evil descriptor, so they can only be cast by someone neutral or evil.

--- End quote ---

The undead are just a tool :)  but no seriously.   A True Necromancer could be into Control (evil guys undead) and Destruction of undead like Harrick, rather then creation.  Also a true necromancer knows how to alter, enhance, and channel life forces.  Which is the part of a necromancer people forget.  They used to be able to pull their own life force to power spells.   

Windblade:

--- Quote from: Hero on February 16, 2012, 10:35:29 PM ---So isn't the "true necromancer" big into undead? How can you have a good necromancer when, by the rules, the act of creating undead is inherently evil...all the undead creation spells have the evil descriptor, so they can only be cast by someone neutral or evil.

--- End quote ---

I think 2 topics have developed here.  What is white necromancy which we haven't totally answered yet and the need for a necromancer class on habololy.

Zunder:

--- Quote from: Windblade on February 17, 2012, 01:17:14 AM ---I think 2 topics have developed here.  What is white necromancy which we haven't totally answered yet and the need for a necromancer class on habololy.

--- End quote ---

I think I answered what a white necromancer is.  Someone who controls/destroy undead.  And someone who can alter/modify the life force of others without draining levels permanently, or feeding off if.

and I believe there needs to be a necromancer, as they are party of the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version