Author Topic: Unphriendly Phobos  (Read 23215 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Unphriendly Phobos
« on: September 27, 2016, 07:22:45 AM »
 - I remember he had something around the following:

- Shield
  - Spear
  - Belt
  - Breastplate / Armor?
  - Ring

and maybe some experience?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:01:06 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Phallic Phoboes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »
There were also sandals

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:53:36 AM »
The spear is evil, so when we take that to the Seven Heavens gate town, we have it destroyed.

The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »
Once the others get into the seven heavens, how easy is it for us to get back to Habololy?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 10:56:44 AM »
Kerkly finishes preparing the Plane Shift, but before that point, I assume that Ares does whatever he is going to do, other than run through the girl.  If Kerkly and Parker are still alive by the time I finish, I survey the battlefield before casting.

I call the 16 Archons to me while this is going on and have them Aid Parker and I once they reach us.  Once Ares arrives, they flee.  If he leaves, they return to me.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »
Just a note on Parkers 'Craven' feat:  The prerequisite for taking the feat is that I can't be immune to fear.  In the description, I just take a -2 to saves vs fear.  it doesn't say that I can't be immune to fear. 

There is another anti-feat called 'Cowardly' where the description states that the effect is that you cant be immune to fear and automatically fail any fear saves as well as some other caveats. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 04:41:18 PM »
And bracers

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 04:43:59 PM »
Minus XP for the thread title. In fact none of you are allowed to name threads in the future.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 04:45:06 PM »
Before Anya has even crumpled to the ground Verconis leaps between Ares and Kerkley, his scimitar clutched in both hands. "You vile Titan spawn, you have struck down one who took no part in this battle and raised no blade against your wretched bastard." With another guttural snarl Ares drives his dripping spear into Verconis side but with less effect.  Verconis in turn slashes away but only once finds his way past Ares shield and spear. "Your bloodlust will be the undoing of what we fight for here!"

Before Ares can resume his attack there is a golden flash and with a shrieking battle cry Sif attacks with a fury bordering on berserk rage. She is far faster than Verconis, or Phobos, and seemingly just as strong, but Ares knocks most of her attacks aside. Where Phobos was brute force lacking in any nuance, Ares seems an impossible combination of grace and power. His spear leaps and recoils in ways that only a whip should be able to move. Within moments Sif and Verconis are bleeding heavily.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 05:03:52 PM »
Before Anya has even crumpled to the ground Verconis leaps between Ares and Kerkley, his scimitar clutched in both hands. "You vile Titan spawn, you have struck down one who took no part in this battle and raised no blade against your wretched bastard." With another guttural snarl Ares drives his dripping spear into Verconis side but with less effect.  Verconis in turn slashes away but only once finds his way past Ares shield and spear. "Your bloodlust will be the undoing of what we fight for here!"

Before Ares can resume his attack there is a golden flash and with a shrieking battle cry Sif attacks with a fury bordering on berserk rage. She is far faster than Verconis, or Phobos, and seemingly just as strong, but Ares knocks most of her attacks aside. Where Phobos was brute force lacking in any nuance, Ares seems an impossible combination of grace and power. His spear leaps and recoils in ways that only a whip should be able to move. Within moments Sif and Verconis are bleeding heavily.
Who's still here to witness this?  I thought we all teleported away?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »
Who's still here to witness this?  I thought we all teleported away?

Yes, its only Kerkly and Parker.  Although the telepathic link is still active and work across planes, so Kerkly can give a recount...after he finishes his spell prep...and assuming he is alive.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Unphriendly Phobos
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 05:42:51 PM »
At the conclusion of the above post Kerley and Parker are in the same condition they were after the battle.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 09:39:22 PM »
Just a note on Parkers 'Craven' feat:  The prerequisite for taking the feat is that I can't be immune to fear.  In the description, I just take a -2 to saves vs fear.  it doesn't say that I can't be immune to fear. 

There is another anti-feat called 'Cowardly' where the description states that the effect is that you cant be immune to fear and automatically fail any fear saves as well as some other caveats.
Interesting notion. If you no longer meet the prereq's of a feat that you have taken, do you still have access to that feat? Do you lose Power Attack if your Str drops below 13 due to ability damage/drain or old age penalties? What if you have a prestige class that has Power Attack as a prerequisite?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Unphriendly Phobos
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 09:42:07 PM »
From the Players Handbook 3.5 page 87.

Prerequisites
A character cannot use a feat if he or she has lost the prerequisite. For example, if your characters strength drops below 13 because of a ray of enfeeblement spell, he or she can't use the Power Attack feat until the prerequisite is met again

So I think that means that he can be made immune to fear, but no longer can take advantage of the craven feat.