Author Topic: Getting There  (Read 7211 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Getting There
« on: June 05, 2015, 12:53:46 AM »
You all made it...to where remains to be seen.

Experience is so varied that I will do it my private message individually.

Don't think there is much to discuss on the boards between now and next week.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Getting There
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 11:05:28 AM »
You leave on the 22nd day of the 6th month 787.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 11:04:51 PM »
During our seemingly endless astral journey, Vega has a thought:
"Hey casters, question for you. From what I learned back in Port Springs, the subject of a Temporal Stasis can initially try to resist the effect when he is first targeted.

And there is a minor clerical blessing, "Resurgence" I think, that allows the subject to try to break free of an effect he initially failed to resist.

So my question is this...could Resurgence work on Temporal Stasis?"

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »
During our seemingly endless astral journey, Vega has a thought:
"Hey casters, question for you. From what I learned back in Port Springs, the subject of a Temporal Stasis can initially try to resist the effect when he is first targeted.

And there is a minor clerical blessing, "Resurgence" I think, that allows the subject to try to break free of an effect he initially failed to resist.

So my question is this...could Resurgence work on Temporal Stasis?"

Spellcraft check: d20 +25= 7+25 :: 32 total

Marcus replies, "If the Templar can't answer that, or won't, I shall.  It is possible that the 'Resurgence' spell you speak of will work.  However, one of the requirements is that you touch the recipient of the spell.  Depending on their location of confinement, we may not be able to physically touch them in order to enact the spell."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 10:17:45 AM »
Cloud will weigh in also:  29+12=41

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 06:36:57 PM »
I am wondering whether it can actually affect them or not. Are subjects in temporal stasis immune to spells being cast on them?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »
I am wondering whether it can actually affect them or not. Are subjects in temporal stasis immune to spells being cast on them?

Marcus barks a harsh laugh.  "If they were, then spells such as 'Freedom' would not work, would they."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »
Marcus barks a harsh laugh.  "If they were, then spells such as 'Freedom' would not work, would they."
"I see. Here's a fun fact: 67% of all the sorcerers I've met in my career have been total dicks. Nice to see that you fall neatly in line with the laws of probability.

I didn't ask about Freedom. I am aware that Freedom and Dispel Magic counter the effect of Temporal Stasis, however, they do not enchant the subject.

I'm asking about other spells that are cast on the subject that don't specifically break temporal stasis. My research indicated that no force or effect could influence the subject, so up until now I wasn't sure anything else would work. Granted, I get this type of info second hand, so maybe I was misinformed by the revered clerics of the deity of arcane magic.

If you are saying that Resurgence works, though, then there are supplemental blessings that could be paired with it to boost their resistance. Opens up other options too...what about Teleport or Anti-magic Field?"

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 01:01:30 AM »
I think DM needs to rule on this.  There is not a clear answer when you read the wording of both spells.  I [peronally think it wouldn't effect it.  Either way Cloud knows the answer and will share it once DM makes a ruling.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 07:46:55 AM »
I think DM needs to rule on this.  There is not a clear answer when you read the wording of both spells.  I [peronally think it wouldn't effect it.  Either way Cloud knows the answer and will share it once DM makes a ruling.

DM is enjoying the in character banter, and since there is nothing else to do on the boards this week, I haven't looked into it yet.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »
"I see. Here's a fun fact: 67% of all the sorcerers I've met in my career have been total dicks. Nice to see that you fall neatly in line with the laws of probability.

I didn't ask about Freedom. I am aware that Freedom and Dispel Magic counter the effect of Temporal Stasis, however, they do not enchant the subject.

I'm asking about other spells that are cast on the subject that don't specifically break temporal stasis. My research indicated that no force or effect could influence the subject, so up until now I wasn't sure anything else would work. Granted, I get this type of info second hand, so maybe I was misinformed by the revered clerics of the deity of arcane magic.

If you are saying that Resurgence works, though, then there are supplemental blessings that could be paired with it to boost their resistance. Opens up other options too...what about Teleport or Anti-magic Field?"
Your experience is more than a full deviation above the mean. Over 80% of all sorcerers are useless and most of the remaining are charming enough to fool you into not noticing. 

If only we had a Chronomancer handy to explain the nuances of the temporal stasis spell. Oh well.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 11:37:54 AM »
Your experience is more than a full deviation above the mean. Over 80% of all sorcerers are useless and most of the remaining are charming enough to fool you into not noticing. 

If only we had a Chronomancer handy to explain the nuances of the temporal stasis spell. Oh well.

As you banter and argue back and forth.. Shondo is arguing with Willy (his invisible friend) about where in the great Forrest had the best tree moss for tree moss souffle'.  More then a couple time he holds up a small wooden cylinder cage with a colorful preying mantis in it and says "Ralph the lucky preying matis agrees!!"

He also offers to tattoo anyone who would like one..

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 01:56:57 PM »

"Beware your tongue.  I do not take kindly to insults.  Were it not for our current endeavor, I would turn you into a pile of ash.  As it is, you are on this mission for a reason.  As to that reason, I can only assume it is to rut with locals should we need to gain their confidence in that way.  As to your question [now speaking as to a child] Divine magic is different than the Arcane Mastery we wield.  Divine casters are given access to spells through their faith.  We Arcane spellcasters harness the raw power of magic and shape it to our will.  I could lecture, at length, about the reasons this magic or that magic would or would not work.  But it would not be worth the breath to do so.  I only posited an answer to your question, thinking, mistakenly, you would be wise enough to comprehend my explanation."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »

"I would hardly call us useless.  If it were not for us Sorcerers, how would wizards ever know what they could strive to accomplish?"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »
"I would hardly call us useless.  If it were not for us Sorcerers, how would wizards ever know what they could strive to accomplish?"
Amen, brother.  Somewhere (buried under rock and entombed in amber) Malchia sends out thoughts of wholehearted agreement.