Author Topic: Aftermath of Failure  (Read 16378 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Aftermath of Failure
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:10:43 AM »
Kerkly doesn't do much of any talking, he goes back to the Veil as soon as is possible without inconveniencing anyone.

Benlin seems confused and follows him a bit but is otherwise accessible to talk.

Asinjin has a wry smile and shakes his head a lot.  Every other comment between cough in a conversation with him includes derogatory comments about the clergy of Falan and the religion in general.  Note this is after we leave their temple.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Aftermath of Failure
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:14:32 AM »
List of Deaths - according to Asinjin:

Imberb - nice to cross and enemy off the list

Malfeseus - he is crossed of the list, but knowing he was so fooled into this, the level of fear he inspires drops dramatically

Cydney - if the little we knew of the last of her life is any indication, she is in a better place now

Balthazar and fellow high cleric - Sad for them, Falan and the faith had this coming for their foolishness

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 11:27:11 AM »
Rubius will help in whatever capacity he can.  I first ask Falan if there's anything I can do to help him or his followers restore order here in the temple.  Pending his answer, I help the choir members come to and restore their strength with a bit of food and drink, assuming I can get them to regain consciousness.  I'll then make my way out to the horde of followers who were zombified by the glowing plutonium rod of unchecked evil.

After things are in relative order, I ask Falan, Allanda, and anyone else there who is of significant power about what the next steps are to prevent this new undead aspect from getting into the wrong hands.  If I can help, I will.  If not, I head back to the Veil with Kerkly to see my family.     

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Since Roland doesn't want the sword, who does he want to take it?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 08:20:31 PM »
Parker will take the sword and put it in his vault

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 12:05:19 AM »
Since Roland doesn't want the sword, who does he want to take it?

Escalon takes the sword. "If we determine it is not inherently evil, and I suspect it is not, I will deliver it to you if you still desire."

"Keeper Andest, I will return us to the Vale as soon as we have assessed the situation here. While we were subduing the mob it appeared there were several teleportations out of the Black Field. I mean to speak with the high clerics of Falan in Messada and Mydyr. One of them will need to come here and take charge, though I suspect they were at best willfully blind to what was to transpire here."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 12:06:44 AM »
List of Deaths - according to Asinjin:

Imberb - nice to cross and enemy off the list

Malfeseus - he is crossed of the list, but knowing he was so fooled into this, the level of fear he inspires drops dramatically

Cydney - if the little we knew of the last of her life is any indication, she is in a better place now

Balthazar and fellow high cleric - Sad for them, Falan and the faith had this coming for their foolishness

Before departing Falan resurrects Cydney and disintigrates Imberb's remains. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 12:14:43 AM »
Kerkly nods at Escalon's words and says nothing.

Asinjin, overhearing asks, "There were teleportation flashes out of the black field?  Is that the field where the religion was keeping an untold amount of undead for centuries?" cough cough

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 12:16:29 AM »
Rubius will help in whatever capacity he can.  I first ask Falan if there's anything I can do to help him or his followers restore order here in the temple.  Pending his answer, I help the choir members come to and restore their strength with a bit of food and drink, assuming I can get them to regain consciousness.  I'll then make my way out to the horde of followers who were zombified by the glowing plutonium rod of unchecked evil.

After things are in relative order, I ask Falan, Allanda, and anyone else there who is of significant power about what the next steps are to prevent this new undead aspect from getting into the wrong hands.  If I can help, I will.  If not, I head back to the Veil with Kerkly to see my family.     

Falan smiles at your offer and for the first time you feel somewhat uncomfortable. "No thank you Mr. Humperdink, though you are a credit to your people for offering."

Falan then goes over to the choir and as he stands before them they all begin to recover. As they become aware of Falan's presence most begin weeping and praising him. He quietly thanks them and instructs them to remain here in the residence until a new high cleric can be selected or Bladelore can be returned. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 12:19:52 AM »
Kerkly nods at Escalon's words and says nothing.

Asinjin, overhearing asks, "There were teleportation flashes out of the black field?  Is that the field where the religion was keeping an untold amount of undead for centuries?" cough cough

"So it would appear.  Would you like to assist in determining who or what they were?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 12:22:26 AM »
Who is that asking him?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 12:50:44 AM »

Allanda seems fascinated, almost mesmerized, by the cylinder but does not approach within ten feet.  Escalon watches it intently for a few moments.  After ensuring that no one is nearby, he unleashes his celestial aura at its full intensity.  Rather than engulfing the cylinder and overwhelming its green radiance, the pure white light ends abruptly where it meets the dim green aura.

When he ends the assault a look of concern is visible on his face.  With no trace of deference he says to Falan: "Can you remove this vile thing from the temple? Send it to the depths of the ocean perhaps?"

Falan says: "No, I cannot. I doubt any power short of the Oldest Orc, perhaps Habastly or Dedestroyt, can affect it in anyway by magic.  Lord Arishimoto and his allies forced Marius to end the ritual too soon."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »
When he ends the assault a look of concern is visible on his face.  With no trace of deference he says to Falan: "Can you remove this vile thing from the temple? Send it to the depths of the ocean perhaps?"

Hearing this, Asinjin looks concerned, and asks, "Do you know what is currently at the ocean depths?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 10:52:31 AM »
Hearing this, Asinjin looks concerned, and asks, "Do you know what is currently at the ocean depths?"

"Yes, and while not ideal, far fewer wicked creatures and powers would have access to it there than on land. Still, I grant you, some further consideration is warranted. Assuming we can move it at all."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »
Falan says: "No, I cannot. I doubt any power short of the Oldest Orc, perhaps Habastly or Dedestroyt, can affect it in anyway by magic.  Lord Arishimoto and his allies forced Marius to end the ritual too soon."
Pardon me for asking Lord Falan, but have you any idea what Marius had left to be accomplished before we intervened?  If the ceremony was cut short, does that mean you still wield some power over the undead?  Is it possible, albeit unlikely, that he has any power over you or your actions in your current state of flux?