Author Topic: Circle of (sort of) Death  (Read 34960 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Circle of (sort of) Death
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:28:57 PM »
Discuss

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Circle of (sort of) Death
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 12:20:24 AM »
We make sure this gets to Aezir and Escalon (who is still with him I believe).

Kerkly thinks: "Where is Roland?"

"We can defeat them, even with that purple creature fighting.  But there won't be much left of us to do anything about whatever else is going on in there.  So I don't think that's an option."

"If a deity thinks this is good, and we have to believe that since his sword and his companion are here telling us that, then who are we to think him wrong?"

"Unless someone has another idea, I suggest we leave and let the deity take its course.  We have to hope for the best, because I think any other course on this path means our death and no success."

Benlin thinks about whether whatever is preventing Parker's blink will stop teleportation inside the temple.  Knowledge Arcana roll = 27.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:24:24 AM »
Benlin offers, "I can cast Prying Eyes and send them around the temple, but I think we already know what is happening."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 12:40:47 AM »
Rubius thinks to everyone: "Now may be a good time to cast another Augury to find out if we should stay and fight or leave."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:13:03 AM »
Robyn asks Bigtop, "What about Malfesius? You know of his involvement. How do you plan to counter him?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 07:57:21 AM »
Rubius thinks to everyone: "Now may be a good time to cast another Augury to find out if we should stay and fight or leave."

Benlin thinks, "It's a good idea, but it takes a minute to cast, so we have to take the fight them again now option off the table before I do that."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:43:17 AM »
Benlin thinks, "It's a good idea, but it takes a minute to cast, so we have to take the fight them again now option off the table before I do that."
Well, Sir Knight mentioned that it would take 10 minutes to put the Suian circle up again and it only takes 1 minute to cast, so it seems that we have the time.  They all seem to be the honorable type, so perhaps we could simply ask for a minute to consult our Deity before reaching a decision.  It's worth a shot.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 09:12:25 AM »
Well, Sir Knight mentioned that it would take 10 minutes to put the Suian circle up again and it only takes 1 minute to cast, so it seems that we have the time.  They all seem to be the honorable type, so perhaps we could simply ask for a minute to consult our Deity before reaching a decision.  It's worth a shot.

Kerkly thinks, "I don't trust his commitment now.  We agreed to duel and he attacked a few of us.  We would not wait for the circle to go up again.  If we fight, we should fight in the hall.  Ari and I up front and the rest supporting behind us."

"Robyn, what does Bigtop's breath do?"

Benlin thinks in, "Didn't my Augury before say not doing anything would be a terrible idea?  That makes me think we have to do something to stop this."

Kerkly thinks, "Aezir, ask Escalon what he thinks.  If he trusts Falan's judgement, then we can let this be."

Back from Benlin, "We can also leave and try another way in.  This may be a shot in the dark, but can the navy reach the temple with its artillery?"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »
But wasn't the previous Augury used to ask if staying at the house was a bad idea?  We never asked directly if we should interfere in Falan' s affairs.  Either way, I do agree that something is off here.  There' s just something unnatural about this whole situation.  Ari, what do you think?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 09:28:34 AM »
But wasn't the previous Augury used to ask if staying at the house was a bad idea?  We never asked directly if we should interfere in Falan' s affairs.  Either way, I do agree that something is off here.  There' s just something unnatural about this whole situation.  Ari, what do you think?

Benlin replies, "But why else would staying in the house have been so bad except that something terrible would happen here?"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »
Benlin replies, "But why else would staying in the house have been so bad except that something terrible would happen here?"
That depends on how you interpret the message.  Something bad could've happened to all of us at that house.  I do concede the point that it could have been directly referring to inaction on our part here tonight.  I just don't know what to do.  I just don't know what we could do to disrupt the ritual that doesn't involve fighting these people.  It will require all our resources just to survive combat.  Assuming we survive, we won't have anything left for Malfeeseus.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 10:58:50 AM »
Sir, I am a simple guard.  I know the feel of My Guisarme, and how to set my feet.  These godly matters are outside of the things I know as a simple elf. But one thing I've learned, if there is a chance for someone to gain massive power, they will do anything they can to grab it.  It seems to me, that you have to decide to trust Falan or not.  He's not my Deity.

However, sometimes the "Crazy" we know, is much better then the crazy we don't know.  Much like the First Stance of the Red Guard.. everything is always in balance.  You change the footing on one side, the other foot has to shift.  If it doesn't there will be a breach.  So what I'm saying Governer Ari, is if we allow Falan to split, the crazy will just go somewhere else.  THAT might be really bad.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 11:09:07 AM »
"Cyndy clearly thinks she hears Falan calling her for help.  I work that not doing anything will leave room for Malfesius and Nilis'anore to interfere and really mess things up."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
Kerkly says, "Three to Three then.  Rubius, Kerkly, and Benlin against Robyn, Parker, and Shaar.  Ari, Tomas?  Also, I still want Escalon and Aezir's opinions."

Benlin thinks, "I can created a powerful illusion of Cydney, Wake and I here waiting, and go ahead.  I don't want to."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »
Benlin to Robyn, "Any idea if Bigtop has true seeing?"