Author Topic: Oh the Places You'll go, Oh the People You'll Investigate  (Read 3501 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Oh the Places You'll go, Oh the People You'll Investigate
« on: September 15, 2014, 10:42:58 PM »
This thread is to keep track of the various locations and people you encounter. Keep actual action in the session threads. Between now and the next constable session I will try to introduce new locations and "people".

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Oh the Places You'll go, Oh the People You'll Investigate
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »
If you have the names of the butchers or their shop add it here.

On the first day of the second week you are sent across the river, to the east bank, for the first time. The sergeant tells you the First Deputy is not happy with our destruction of the warehouse. In her words "Fire is the business of the fire brigade."

On that day, before midday, you come upon a store front not far from the docks. It is a larger store, likely a small warehouse that has been extensively remodeled. There is a tall, thin man in a very heavy robe, with dark skin, yelling in a language that even Gneetaugh doesn't speak, at a group of younger men. They are carefully, but slowly, rolling casks and kegs into the back of the building.

When you approach, he bids them stop with a dismissive waive of his hand. "Greetings men of the law. I am Pagini al-Kelmar, purveyor of fine drink. Glad I am to see that there is some order in this place. Already I am accosted by ruffians and harried by foppish whelps."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:31:06 PM »
I guess since you can't drink on duty you don't have much to say to the wine merchant.

As your day progresses you come upon the site of the warehouse you burned down. It too has been heavily reworked. The original stone walls survived the fire but the roof collapsed. The front half of the structure remains open to the sky, while a sturdy roof has been erected over the rear. It appears that the roof is part of a three story structure that now occupies the rear third.

A thick plank sign hangs from heavy chains: Lumber and Quarry Work, Con Stonespell proprietor.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 09:29:48 PM »
His first name is Con?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 10:47:33 PM »
His first name is Con?
Second cousin to Stery O'Type, an Irishman looking to make a name for himself amongst the rabble who now occupy the docks.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 11:11:58 PM »
Second cousin to Stery O'Type, an Irishman looking to make a name for himself amongst the rabble who now occupy the docks.

I haven't decided how I will besmirch your people yet.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:18:33 PM »
I haven't decided how I will besmirch your people yet.
Well, you could always banish Gneetagh to the outer planes and leave him for dead.  That would give me the opportunity to put on my best Shatner impression and shout "Coooooooooooooon" at the top of my lungs.  I can even do it in multiple languages. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 08:12:34 AM »
Well, you could always banish Gneetagh to the outer planes and leave him for dead.  That would give me the opportunity to put on my best Shatner impression and shout "Coooooooooooooon" at the top of my lungs.  I can even do it in multiple languages.

Nice

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »
Nice
Gneetagh won't mess with this guy.  Something tells me he has a ton of hit points and can somehow manipulate stone through arcane magic.  Just a hunch.  ;)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 10:49:20 AM »
Gneetagh won't mess with this guy.  Something tells me he has a ton of hit points and can somehow manipulate stone through arcane magic.  Just a hunch.  ;)

High level ranger with favored enemy smart a$$ gnomes.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 11:51:57 AM »

Sounds like he would be friends with Asinjin...his opposite hit point counterpart.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.