Poll

Should we scale the experience cost for non-list spells?

Yes
3 (50%)
No
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 29, 2014, 10:29:39 AM

Author Topic: Limited and Regular Wish  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Limited and Regular Wish
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 10:16:24 AM »
I think we are starting to get too complex here.  I would have a scale for list spells.  For non list spells I would make it 300xp or more (if the spell you are casting cost more) just like the spell was intended.  For Wish I would do the same thing.  I would have a scale for the 7th and 8th level spells and then 5000 or more for non list spells.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 10:33:27 AM »
I have added a poll to decide whether we will scale the experience cost of non-list spells.

We appear to be in agreement over the scaling of list spells; 50xp per level for Limited Wish.  To keep with the same math structure (300 xp at 6th) Wish would then have to be 625xp to get to the 5000xp for an 8th level spell.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 07:20:59 PM »
I have added a poll to decide whether we will scale the experience cost of non-list spells.

We appear to be in agreement over the scaling of list spells; 50xp per level for Limited Wish.  To keep with the same math structure (300 xp at 6th) Wish would then have to be 625xp to get to the 5000xp for an 8th level spell.
Bumping this thread since I think it came up last session. Limited Wish costs xp when replicating spells on your list...have to pay for that versatility!