Author Topic: This REALLY isn't what we signed up for!!!  (Read 5565 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
This REALLY isn't what we signed up for!!!
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »
Continue where we left off. XP will be forthcoming.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: This REALLY isn't what we signed up for!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
Continue where we left off. XP will be forthcoming.
I suppose we should start by tending to the wounded.  I still have 2 healing potions (1d8+4 each) and a third one that I gave to Quorll. 

If Pollar is around, I ask him to try to follow Marius and his shadowy companion so that Ulic and Escalon can follow them.

"Gnickademus, would you be able to take to the sky in order to locate the remaining zombies that weren't destroyed?

We should also send some marines or constables to check on the people at the temples of Tyrogator and Stasis.

We also need to seize the assets in the vault.  They're part of an official criminal investigation.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 04:52:13 PM »
Was Robert involved in the battles?  If so, which parts?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 03:41:26 PM »
Was Robert involved in the battles?  If so, which parts?

Would anyone like to recap for Rob?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:25:16 PM »
After we have the two VIPs in a room, Visli starts questioning them again.  Starting off with "Your boys have tried to break you out twice and they've been driven off.  Be.. a little more compliant now, and you won't be mining for the rest of your lives.  Lets start with the locations of all the onice associated locations throughout the city...

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »
Would anyone like to recap for Rob?
After healing Chartok and the 3 constables that survived, we hog tied our two captives and secured them as best we could.  Robert and Gnickademus went upstairs to check on things and, using your fancy gem, noticed shadows stalking the hallways.  Gnick fired his elemental gun to make short work of both them and the structural integrity of the staircase.  Afterwards, Gnick went to the roof and noticed the raven circling about a mile away.  Visili used his nifty psionic powers to look down at what the raven was looking at and saw the temple of Tyrogatore.  Unfortunately, all the dead bodies that were being stored there were gone from the arena.  Roughly 1600 re-animated corpses were now shambling towards the temples of Stasis, Tfop, Arsur'Anyodel, and the constable HQ.  Visili skated to recruit the help of the marines, Gnick used a sending to get Ulic, and the rest of us (including Robert) went to help Stasis.  We got in, warned them, their high cleric obliterated a vampire, they defended their temple, and we went off to assist Arsur'Anyodel.  Pollar showed up and aided us with awesome holy spells, the rest of the group supplied supporting spells, psionics, and perimeter defense, while Quorll and Gneetagh waded into battle with some sort of necromancer who was controlling the horde of zombies by the temple.  We gave him a good fight, but he eventually escaped.  The raven showed up and revealed himself to be Marius.  After we all soiled ourselves, Ulic showed up with Escalon and a cadre of bad ass helpers.  Escalon decimated the remaining undead with a holy blast of some sort and Marius and the necromancer/shadow fled.  That's pretty much where we are at the moment.   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:49:44 PM by Malchia »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 08:53:13 PM »
After healing Chartok and the 3 constables that survived, we hog tied our two captives and secured them as best we could.  Robert and Gnickademus went upstairs to check on things and, using your fancy gem, noticed shadows stalking the hallways.  Gnick fired his elemental gun to make short work of both them and the structural integrity of the staircase.  Afterwards, Gnick went to the roof and noticed the raven circling about a mile away.  Visili used his nifty psionic powers to look down at what the raven was looking at and saw the temple of Tyrogatore.  Unfortunately, all the dead bodies that were being stored there were gone from the arena.  Roughly 1600 re-animated corpses were now shambling towards the temples of Stasis, Tfop, Arsur'Anyodel, and the constable HQ.  Visili skated to recruit the help of the marines, Gnick used a sending to get Ulic, and the rest of us (including Robert) went to help Stasis.  We got in, warned them, their high cleric obliterated a vampire, they defended their temple, and we went off to assist Arsur'Anyodel.  Pollar showed up and aided us with awesome holy spells, the rest of the group supplied supporting spells, psionics, and perimeter defense, while Quorll and Gneetagh waded into battle with some sort of necromancer who was controlling the horde of zombies by the temple.  We gave him a good fight, but he eventually escaped.  The raven showed up and revealed himself to be Marius.  After we all soiled ourselves, Ulic showed up with Escalon and a cadre of bad ass helpers.  Escalon decimated the remaining undead with a holy blast of some sort and Marius and the necromancer/shadow fled.  That's pretty much where we are at the moment.   

please note.. I did not soil myself, and I did slim marius as he fled.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »

please note.. I did not soil myself, and I did slim marius as he fled.
Losing bowel control when facing an epic level adversary is nothing to be ashamed of.   ;)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 11:09:42 PM »
Losing bowel control when facing an epic level adversary is nothing to be ashamed of.   ;)

loosing control of ones body shows you are weak minded... are you weak minded? 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
Was Rob fighting the lesser undead during most of the events?

Are we picking up right after the fight ended?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »
Was Rob fighting the lesser undead during most of the events?

Are we picking up right after the fight ended?
We will pick up essentially where you leave things on the boards

A brief refresher of where things stand: Ari is away from the city. 2/3 or more of the zombies have been destroyed and the remainder have disappeared. Marius revealed himself, theoretically to rescue a previously unseen enemy: a cleric, likely of Falan of Horarian or mixed Horarian ancestry. Escalon arrived within moments of Marius revealing himself and Marius fled, taking the badly wounded cleric with him.
You managed to retain both the Hold and the Taker. You have a treasury under guard and appear to have the key to the vault. The key is a sophisticated clicker key that also appears to cast a knock spell.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »
What are Chartock's orders for us?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 01:43:48 PM »
What are Chartock's orders for us?

We will start with all of you still at the temples of Tfop and Arsur'anyodel. Chartok is at HQ

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 01:47:30 PM »
So the immediate danger has passed.  Should we scout our area to make sure everyone is okay?

Does anyone need healing?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 03:04:17 PM »
So the immediate danger has passed.  Should we scout our area to make sure everyone is okay?

Does anyone need healing?
Pollar healed us after the battle, but there may be clerics and townsfolk that need our help.  I have a few healing potions if anyone needs them (1d8+4).  I have 2 and I gave one to Quorll.  Not sure if he used it or not. 

We should probably check on the others at the remaining temples and also on HQ to make sure Chartok is okay.

If we can get word to the gaurds at the treasury, we should.  We need to make sure everyone is okay and that everything is still there.  We'll need to confiscate all assets in the vault and move them to a more secure location if that's at all possible.