Author Topic: The Worst Laid Plans  (Read 11464 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
The Worst Laid Plans
« on: November 10, 2011, 12:29:18 AM »
Feel free to discuss with Ari and Grimdrek and then when finished discuss your plans for the cook.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Worst Laid Plans
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »
After making sure all of the constables are stable, Rob goes to the dwarves to try and help them.  If the leaders get together to discuss what happened, I listen in on the discussion.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »
After making sure all of the constables are stable, Rob goes to the dwarves to try and help them.  If the leaders get together to discuss what happened, I listen in on the discussion.
There seems to be a vacuum of leadership among the constables.  They are clearly out of their depth.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:51:20 PM »
Seeing that, I approach Grimdrek when it appears as if he has a moment.

"Sir, if I could have a moment to speak with you.  I am constable Axson, currently assigned to Port Phiam."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 10:57:44 PM »
Seeing that, I approach Grimdrek when it appears as if he has a moment.

"Sir, if I could have a moment to speak with you.  I am constable Axson, currently assigned to Port Phiam."
  Grimdrek is clearly annoyed with his dwarves.  "Aack! Young Robert who eschews both magic and weapons!! What a pleasant surprise and you brought an army with you!  (looking at his dwarves)Perhaps next time I'll bring a few beardless human younglings instead of my elite hearth guard!"  You get a number of displeased looks.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »
In a hushed voice, "I am pleased you remember me sir.  Drunnbar bless us.  I must take no credit for the assembled constables.  I did not convince them to come nor lead them here.   But we did come, and we did fight.  Now we are in need of your help.  The sergeant are in over their heads, I fear.  Can you talk and inspire them, and possible give them suggestions on what to do next?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 12:09:29 AM »
In a hushed voice, "I am pleased you remember me sir.  Drunnbar bless us.  I must take no credit for the assembled constables.  I did not convince them to come nor lead them here.   But we did come, and we did fight.  Now we are in need of your help.  The sergeant are in over their heads, I fear.  Can you talk and inspire them, and possible give them suggestions on what to do next?"
Grimdrek does not appear to have a hushable voice. "Ah, boyo the Icefians have shown no love for the wisdom of my lord and I doubt they'll listen to me but maybe (his voice growing louder) they'll follow the beaver and his friend over there!"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »
Do I have any idea who the badger allied Horarian is?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »
Where are we exactly? Are there dwellings here or is this just an open cavern?

Bryvis makes a know(religion) check on the loomashyn symbol with the black iris...14+6=20.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 09:50:12 PM »
Ari hustles over to the constables once the remaining wug are dispatched.  "Good constables of Phiam, you have earned Tfop's favor this day driving off a such an overwhelming force. Who is in command?" As Ari walks among the constables heading towards Grimdrek, he uses his sacred healing feat to give everyone within 60' burst fast healing 3 for 8 rounds, doing this multiple times as necessary to cover everyone.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:52:42 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 04:06:22 PM »
Where are we exactly? Are there dwellings here or is this just an open cavern?

Bryvis makes a know(religion) check on the loomashyn symbol with the black iris...14+6=20.
There are no dwellings but signs of a camp.

No idea on the symbol

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
Ari hustles over to the constables once the remaining wug are dispatched.  "Good constables of Phiam, you have earned Tfop's favor this day driving off a such an overwhelming force. Who is in command?" As Ari walks among the constables heading towards Grimdrek, he uses his sacred healing feat to give everyone within 60' burst fast healing 3 for 8 rounds, doing this multiple times as necessary to cover everyone.
Grimdrek says "hello lord arishimoto, a pleasure to see you again. Do you perhaps have a potion that can make the wug reappear so we don't have to chase them? No, I didn't think so. At least maybe they will leave Foothold and it's mines alone for now. "
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:40:55 PM by whitesword »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 11:17:19 PM »
When the time is appropriate, I ask Grimdrek, "Sir, what brought you here at this time?"  If the opportunity arises, I ask Arisimoto as well.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »
When the time is appropriate, I ask Grimdrek, "Sir, what brought you here at this time?"  If the opportunity arises, I ask Arisimoto as well.
Grimdrek replies: "Thigole and his rabble have begun moving deeper underground to survive the cold. They also appear to be fleeing some enemy. Their scouts came into our mines and killed and ate a few of our miners. My scouts (raising his voice again) didn't quite grasp the size of the hoard. Our mines don't connect to the underdark so we will seal this cavern and be done with them. "

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »
Is it clear from his speaking who Thigole is?

"The wugs came from the Underdark?"