Author Topic: Magic Item Proliferation  (Read 9418 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Magic Item Proliferation
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »
If you assure them that it will be the wizards three specifically representing, that the others are not made known as emissaries, then they are fine with it.  Upon further consideration, Montaron is acceptable as well.
That's probably a good idea since I can't promise I won't pick a fight with the guards. 

I'd also like to mention to Russell, Cloud, and Luigi that Galen has a personal bodyguard who is Vishtoo.  I never discovered any information about him.  Galen didn't know much about him and the guard never interacted with me.  I don't know where his loyalties lie.  I didn't see the guard during the riot.  Galen seemed genuinely upset when he came to me and warned me of what was happening, so I don't know if Galen had any part in what transpired or not.  I also don't know if the guard is a victim in all this or a conspirator.  These are all questions that need answering when we get to Home.       

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 08:02:07 PM »
That's probably a good idea since I can't promise I won't pick a fight with the guards. 

I'd also like to mention to Russell, Cloud, and Luigi that Galen has a personal bodyguard who is Vishtoo.  I never discovered any information about him.  Galen didn't know much about him and the guard never interacted with me.  I don't know where his loyalties lie.  I didn't see the guard during the riot.  Galen seemed genuinely upset when he came to me and warned me of what was happening, so I don't know if Galen had any part in what transpired or not.  I also don't know if the guard is a victim in all this or a conspirator.  These are all questions that need answering when we get to Home.     
I think it would be a good ideas if you did not accompany us at first. It is unlikely that they will take any representations from us as true if they recognize you. If they receive us as scholars we may be able to gain you safe passage with a little diplomacy.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
Do you have a time frame on when you are planning on the diplomatic mission?  There appears to be no immediate threat, so you can spend time at the college if desired.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 06:23:13 PM »
I think it would be a good ideas if you did not accompany us at first. It is unlikely that they will take any representations from us as true if they recognize you. If they receive us as scholars we may be able to gain you safe passage with a little diplomacy.
Well, I have to accompany you at least to the border of the city so that you'll be able to teleport there on your own.  Once you have the location, you can go back another time and I'll stay back while you perform your diplomatic duties. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 06:29:50 PM »
Do you have a time frame on when you are planning on the diplomatic mission?  There appears to be no immediate threat, so you can spend time at the college if desired.
Did Smofarf give off a sense of urgency when he appeared to us?  If not, I'd like to seek out some of my quest items while you guys make nice with the Vishtoo. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
Smofarf did not give off a sense of urgency.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »
Smofarf did not give off a sense of urgency.
Then I'd like to follow the pull of the ring to the nearest artifact.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »
Malchia doesn't have to come on the first trip especially since we do not have a time frame.  First Malchia can describe the location to us and then we can attempt to scry it.  This might take some time but we will eventually get it. Then we can teleport to it the next day.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 08:25:50 PM »
I teleported into the airspace right before the city entrance.  Once there, I approached the bridge leading into Home.  Nefario alerted me to the presence of a Vishtoo gaurd patrolling nearby so I decided to sneak past him.  He noticed me right away and approached my location.  I tried to teleport back to the college but something prevented that from happening.  I managed to appear over an ocean somewhere and teleported to the college from there.  There's not much more to tell.  I was trying to gather some information before bringing all of you there, but as it turns out, we're going anyway thanks to a little help from Smofarf. 

What I can tell you from my time spent there, the place is completely magic.  Every structure, energy source, and individual there radiates arcane magic.  There is a fuming green smoke that flows throughout the entire city that enhances magical ability.  It has an assortment of benefits but nobody seems to be able to pinpoint exactly how it works.  It appears to be pure magical essence.  It was mentioned to me that prolonged exposure (we're talking decades) can have negative effects, but I didn't witness anyone with negative side effects. It is believed to be the birthplace of arcane magic, and in particular, spontaneous casting.  Some of the most powerful magic items in all existence were forged there.  Some even before Habololian recorded history.  It feels very natural for someone like myself and I can see why it was simply named "Home."  The residents were very welcoming before the insurrection.       

I asked about your first visit, not your second.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »

Yes that is an excellent question. 

Also can you tell us more about the spirit that possessed when you died with the items on you.  As the being trappe in the item or did he come from somewhere else.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 09:59:38 PM »
The first visit was to retrieve the earrings.  I spent close to two years in Home studying magic, comparing notes and skills with the residents, and researching Quentin's artifacts to learn more of their power and origins.  Nothing more noteworthy occurred until the battle with the guards. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 10:01:09 PM »
Yes that is an excellent question. 

Also can you tell us more about the spirit that possessed when you died with the items on you.  As the being trappe in the item or did he come from somewhere else.
I never died.  I'm not sure what you're referring to. 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 10:06:43 PM »
I never died.  I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I am not sure if you died but I can't imagine your are not familiar with what I am referring when Quentin or what ever being took control of your body.  Anything you can tell us about that might be helpful especially if that being was from Home.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 10:15:09 PM »
The first visit was to retrieve the earrings.  I spent close to two years in Home studying magic, comparing notes and skills with the residents, and researching Quentin's artifacts to learn more of their power and origins.  Nothing more noteworthy occurred until the battle with the guards.
Was the gate guarded? How did you enter? What's the layout of the city?

You were there for 2 years, surely there's more you can share.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 10:20:54 PM »
Can anyone make a greater magic fang permanent? I'd be willing to offer 9000 gold to offset the lifeforce drain from the permanency.