Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 55419 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »
This is now the most posted topic since we started the new boards.  Is someone really close to next level?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2013, 02:04:02 PM »
So why not trade it to the Collector.  He likely can't use it anyway.  He wont know that until after the fact anyway.  He will just see a shiny toy and run with it.  Then if stuff comes out on him that is just icing on the cake.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »
So why not trade it to the Collector.  He likely can't use it anyway.  He wont know that until after the fact anyway.  He will just see a shiny toy and run with it.  Then if stuff comes out on him that is just icing on the cake.
Russel just looks as Montaron as if he has lost his mind.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »
Russel just looks as Montaron as if he has lost his mind.

We should at least think about it before we destroy it.  I think we should think more about Luigi's suggestion at least.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2013, 02:45:01 PM »

The only issue i see is the following, he's likely to realize it's worth to that side, and trade it to them for something shinier and something he can use.  They would probably happily give up something nice for this.  No,... I believe it's a trap for their impending doom, or destroying it.  No other option. 

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
Is there a way to tell the last time it was activated?  Can detect magic determine this?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:18 PM »
Is there a way to tell the last time it was activated?  Can detect magic determine this?

Yes, between your spells and knowledge you believe the last time it was used (although you don't know which direction) was 6-9 months ago.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
Yes, between your spells and knowledge you believe the last time it was used (although you don't know which direction) was 6-9 months ago.

So... if they expected to wait a year, then we have 3-4 months before the army shows. To sum up

... Gate to Cald, can only be opened by a cleric of frostian, non-artifact, no extra-dimentional spaces, no teleport

Maybe here is a chance they won't look for it until the army is supposed to show.  Sounds like a perfect trap conditions

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »

The only issue i see is the following, he's likely to realize it's worth to that side, and trade it to them for something shinier and something he can use.  They would probably happily give up something nice for this.  No,... I believe it's a trap for their impending doom, or destroying it.  No other option.
I will have no part in giving anything to the Collector.

As for setting a trap my concern is that it is very likely we will be in the midst of some other problem when they return and if we cannot make our way here they will have the picture once again.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2013, 05:13:09 PM »
I will have no part in giving anything to the Collector.

As for setting a trap my concern is that it is very likely we will be in the midst of some other problem when they return and if we cannot make our way here they will have the picture once again.

Eh... i say we bring it to the tower. The College is already ruined.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2013, 06:34:32 PM »
Disjunction!

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2013, 06:45:37 PM »
It occurs to me that Daane is not being filled in, as Cloud is not in the tower and Daane would not have found him yet.

So it seems right now that Malchia, Cloud, and Russel are in favor of Disjunction; Luigi and Montaron are not, and Enzo doesn't care either way.  Feel free to keep discussing.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »
I am definitely open to the idea of a trap being set using the gate but I can't think of how to do this.

I see to major problems with using it as a trap. 

1.  We would have to some way keep constant watch over the portal and have a way of being alerted when someone was activating it.
2.  I don't think we have a practical way to move the portal without carrying it ourselves.  I don't see a way to get it back to the college.

If anyone can solve both of these problems them I am all for a trap but for now I say disjunction it.   

That all being said I don't want to spend too much more time make this decision because we are low on spells right now and vulnerable to attack.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
I am definitely open to the idea of a trap being set using the gate but I can't think of how to do this.

I see to major problems with using it as a trap. 

1.  We would have to some way keep constant watch over the portal and have a way of being alerted when someone was activating it.
2.  I don't think we have a practical way to move the portal without carrying it ourselves.  I don't see a way to get it back to the college.

If anyone can solve both of these problems them I am all for a trap but for now I say disjunction it.   

That all being said I don't want to spend too much more time make this decision because we are low on spells right now and vulnerable to attack.
I am not low on spells, but I have no means of escape if we are ambushed here.

Between chronomancy and divination I can likely predict with a fair degree of accuracy when, if, our enemy would seek to reclaim the item. I cannot guarantee what we will be doing at that time however.

As I cannot easily move myself I have no way of moving the painting.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2013, 09:27:29 PM »
I am not low on spells, but I have no means of escape if we are ambushed here.

Between chronomancy and divination I can likely predict with a fair degree of accuracy when, if, our enemy would seek to reclaim the item. I cannot guarantee what we will be doing at that time however.

As I cannot easily move myself I have no way of moving the painting.

I guess the real problem what we'll be doing when they come for it.  Do you think russel with your collective spells and knowledge you'll be able to give us a month or season when they'll come for it?