Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 54565 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 11:22:06 PM »
Roll of 10, seems to do the trick.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 07:55:44 AM »
Roll of 10, seems to do the trick.
Excellent!  I open the chest.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »
I would offer xp for a recap but . . .

Best to wait until they have made it back to you to recount the story.

Russell in currently unstuck in time.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 09:17:54 AM »
You open the chest, Daane and Montaron are in the room with you to see as well, and see much of the same that you saw last time and didn't take.

The large painting of a frozen landscape (overwhelming conjuration);

A a crystal ball (moderate divination);

Four large ice jars with fluid in them (moderate necromancy x2, moderate transmutation, moderate abjuration);

There are four bars of platinum, the same size ass the ones you took before (non-magical).

I assume you cast detect magic and the types and powers are listed above.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:37 PM »
Since Cloud is still Superior Invisible in case there i another fight.  You hear a voice right next to you say the crystal ball and the painting seem very interesting.  We should get this stuff back to the tower and further examine it and then split it up among as all.    So after we are done taking everything useful from the camp.  We can teleport back to the tower.  I don't bother having my familiar follow anyone.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »
You open the chest, Daane and Montaron are in the room with you to see as well, and see much of the same that you saw last time and didn't take.

The large painting of a frozen landscape (overwhelming conjuration);

A a crystal ball (moderate divination);

Four large ice jars with fluid in them (moderate necromancy x2, moderate transmutation, moderate abjuration);

There are four bars of platinum, the same size ass the ones you took before (non-magical).

I assume you cast detect magic and the types and powers are listed above.

This time, we take it all if possible. 

"Gentlemen, we have some heavy lifting to tend to.  Let's get this stuff back to the tower."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2013, 08:43:54 PM »
Daane says, "Wondrous Smofarf's Beard that's a lot of platinum.!  Who's got the bag of holding and who is strong enough to lift it?"

I await who takes what out of the chest.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »
Once we are ready to leave for sure then I will use my last limited wish to shrink the platinum until we arrive back at the tower.

OOC:  I am sure there is an arcane spell of 6th level or lower that reduces the size of an item for a short period of time.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2013, 09:47:50 PM »
Luigi is outside for a while still investigating all of the other tents.

Enzo remains outside with his giants.

The four other are inside Bereth's tent.

Is there anything else anyone wants to accomplish before you deiced how to transport that stuff, or what to do with it in general?

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013, 02:01:25 AM »
Luigi is outside for a while still investigating all of the other tents.

Enzo remains outside with his giants.

The four other are inside Bereth's tent.

Is there anything else anyone wants to accomplish before you deiced how to transport that stuff, or what to do with it in general?

Can't we get Enzo's charmed giants to carry everything for us?  I'm sure they'd be happy to help. 

"Montaron, would you be able to speak with the dead?  I'd like you to ask Bereth what his next move was and also where my stuff was taken after I was imprisoned.  In particular Quentin's items, but I also want my rods and other magic items back."   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26:36 AM »
Can't we get Enzo's charmed giants to carry everything for us?  I'm sure they'd be happy to help. 

They could move the items, but they can't teleport back with you while holding them.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2013, 10:57:44 AM »
They could move the items, but they can't teleport back with you while holding them.

Why couldn't they?  I thought creatures were able teleport while carrying up to their maximum load.  We could have them strip off all their armor and weapons so they only have the items in the chest.  I realize one person couldn't teleport them all at once, but we could all pool our resources to get them all.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2013, 11:10:52 AM »
It is not the amount they are carrying but their size.  Each ones counts as 2 medium creatures.  So, between all of you and the giants, that's 15 medium sized creatures.  You could do it if you have enough teleports.

In addition, I don't think the college will be happy about giants arriving, nor do I think the giants would be happy about going.

All that said, it could be done if that's how you want to go about doing it.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »
It is not the amount they are carrying but their size.  Each ones counts as 2 medium creatures.  So, between all of you and the giants, that's 15 medium sized creatures.  You could do it if you have enough teleports.

In addition, I don't think the college will be happy about giants arriving, nor do I think the giants would be happy about going.

All that said, it could be done if that's how you want to go about doing it.

Well, I'll wait and see what the group would like to do, but I suggest we use the giants and teleport.  I have enough teleports left to take two giants back without Nefario, teleport back, then take Nefario and one more giant back to the college.  That leaves only one more for the rest of the group to deal with. 

As far as the giants go, they'll be charmed for two weeks according to Enzo, so we shouldn't have to worry about them causing problems.  Once back at the college, the wizards can go memorize more teleports and take the giants off campus after they unload the loot from the camp.  We can then begin analyzing everything.

Hopefully Montaron can speak with the dead so we can question Bereth.  Once all that is complete, I think we'll be in good shape.  What does everyone else think of this plan?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2013, 02:03:56 PM »
Keep in mind that the giants are charmed, not dominated.  The threshold for what they will do is lower.  Enzo will have to ask them before he does it to try and figure out if they are okay with that.