Author Topic: Collection Time  (Read 16156 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Collection Time
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 12:38:40 AM »
There are sandoo, certainly ice gnomes.

Shrine to Treetop yes, but no zoo.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
So, after all of those spells are cast on you, Cloud teleports to the fissure.  From there, you cast Greater Prying Eyes and let them go to work.

As per the spell: "you specify instructions you want them to follow in a command of no more than twenty-five words"

Please do so.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »
Any uncommon races here at the college, like bugbear, sandoo, wug, desert elf? Never met an ice gnome or scaled elf either.

There a shrine or temple to Treetop/zoo close by?
There are ice gnomes aplenty and the museum curator is a desert elf, though he is unlikely to spend any meaningful time with you. When the students return there will be a variety of races but none of the others you mentioned.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »
After Cloud teleports, without issue, he sends the eyes out.

They spend the time they have surveying the area and collect the following information, which Cloud relays back to the others.

There are 32 giants in the camp, perhaps a couple more if there are some that did not come out of Bereth's tent the whole time.  Bereth did come out at one point while you were watching.

Of the 32, all are male, all are frost giants.  Three appear different than the others, and after some talk with Enzo, those three are non-Habololian.  Bereth is also not of this world.

Bereth is overwhelming evil and he has an overwhelmingly evil staff, which he carries with him.  Eleven of the giants have a strong evil presence.  The rest have a moderate evil presence.  After closer viewing, Cloud is sure that the eleven are some type of undead.

The giants are armed for battle, armor and weapons, boulders of ice.  The undead ones have boulders on them, but no weapons.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
The camp is fairly well spread out, although seeing as they are giants, it may just seem that way to smaller folk.  About 250 feet separate the farthest tents from each other.

Snow has covered the remnants of the other camps, or so you assume.  The only visible structure is a shrine to Frostine, which is not in use, as its too small for the giants to use.  It is several hundred feet south of the giant's camp.

There are no mountains or landscape features in sight.  If there are any, the snow has covered them.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2013, 03:39:58 PM »
The magic staff is going to be a problem.  Montaron can you use a commune to determine if the staff is an artificat?  If it isn't then we will just disjuntion it.   Also Montaron can you use the commune to determine more about the giant leader.  Detect evil on a cleric doesn't really tell us much in regards to how powerful he might be.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »
The magic staff is going to be a problem.  Montaron can you use a commune to determine if the staff is an artificat?  If it isn't then we will just disjuntion it.   Also Montaron can you use the commune to determine more about the giant leader.  Detect evil on a cleric doesn't really tell us much in regards to how powerful he might be.

Commune should tell us if the staff is an artifact or not.  Commune will only give me yes or no answers.  We would need to decide what questions we would ask and then I should commune.  A Divination spell might also be useful depending on what exactly you want to know about the Giant Leader. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2013, 08:39:50 PM »
Commune should tell us if the staff is an artifact or not.  Commune will only give me yes or no answers.  We would need to decide what questions we would ask and then I should commune.  A Divination spell might also be useful depending on what exactly you want to know about the Giant Leader.
Would we not be better served using something less taxing than a commune, such as a legend lore? Or seeking the aid of one of our bardic colleagues here?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 09:00:03 PM »
From just a visual description, there isn't enough to go on to get info from Legend Lore.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2013, 05:35:34 PM »
OK here are some questions for the commune. 

Is the staff an artificat?

Then all these questions are about the giant leader.

Can the giant cast  (instert spell name here) or other spells of that power?  (Do this until we get a spell casting level.)

There is probably a more appropriate in game way to word this but I don't feel like thinking of it right now?

Start by asking "Can the giant attack 3 times in 6 seconds?"  If no then ask if he can attack 4 four etc.

Is the giant leader undead?  I know he didn't look undead through true seeing but maybe he is a more powerful undead such as a vampire.

That is all I can thinking of right now.  I am sure there are other questions we all can come up with.  What do you have 14 or so?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »
We will get to 13 before I give answers:

1 - Is the staff an artifact?

2 - Can the giant cast Mass Heal? (and down the healing line of spell down to the first yes)

3 - Is Bereth undead?

4 - Is Bereth as skilled a fighter as Martine Vanyar? (and down the line of fighters you know)

Depending on the answers, that could be all the questions you get.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2013, 06:31:52 PM »
I was just giving Montaron some help.   He usually has to ask the questions himself and during the course of the spell he can changes what he wants to ask depending on the answers.  We can't be there for the spell and can only give him some ideas before he cast it.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2013, 06:38:06 PM »

2 - Can the giant cast Mass Heal? (and down the healing line of spell down to the first yes)

3 - Is Bereth undead?

4 - Is Bereth as skilled a fighter as Martine Vanyar? (and down the line of fighters you know)

Make sure for #2 you add in mass heal or other spells of its power.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »

3 - Is Bereth undead?

Unless there are more suggestions it will just be this.  Throw out any other questions you may have, we aren't limited to just these 2 topics.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2013, 02:26:35 PM »
posting xp:

Luigi - 15

Owen - 5

Cloud - 100

Russell - 40

Malchia - 75

Enzo - 15

Monty - 30