Author Topic: Collection Time  (Read 16147 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Collection Time
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:53:51 PM »
Start with xp:

Everyone gets 1250.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Collection Time
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:04:14 AM »
You have as much time as you want to spend at the college.  You seemed to settle on three days, but you can change that if you want.

You have to spend at least two, as you have identified the helm and the axe; gone to the guardians to talk to them about the slaadi; and found a place to safely keep the ax.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 09:20:04 AM »
You have as much time as you want to spend at the college.  You seemed to settle on three days, but you can change that if you want.

You have to spend at least two, as you have identified the helm and the axe; gone to the guardians to talk to them about the slaadi; and found a place to safely keep the ax.

Hopefully found a place to keep the axe, that's "NOT" in the tower.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 09:38:04 AM »
Montaron, please post where you decide to store the ax.

If anyone got a level, and I think there were a couple that did, send me a message.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:40:27 PM »
Montaron, please post where you decide to store the ax.

If anyone got a level, and I think there were a couple that did, send me a message.

The axe is safe at the high temple of Smofarf.  I'm not so sure that will be the end of our dealing with the Collector though.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 04:02:58 PM »

Malchia got a level.  I'll email you the details.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 11:47:55 AM »
From the Wizards tower, what direction does the ring point me?  I'm curious to see if anything is closer to me at this point.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »
The sense from here is faint, it generally is direction you north, but the pull is so weak that it is almost negligible.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »
Lorenzo will take as many summon monster spells as Monteron, Luigi, and Cloud are willing to cast. Does anyone at this college have a unique familiar or animal companion?

Other than that, I spend the rest of my time hitting as many college bars as possible. I've been alone in the wilderness for about 2years, have some catching up to do.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
Enzo is quite a hit at the bars.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
Notes on the college when you arrive:

The weather is brutally cold. After the few hours of daylight the temperature stays below zero.  The river is frozen solid and food is scarce.  Arion's first edict, that the kingdom send relief to the starving Elven refugees, has not proven popular but the city dwellers are in no danger.

The presence of Malchia, Enzo, Montaron, and briefly Owen, is the talk of a sparsely populated campus.  The new school term starts in two weeks.  Three of the Deans visit the tower to meet with all of you: Fulcren Granitebreaker, the acting dean, who primarily is interested in speaking with Montaron, who is the most powerful cleric of Smofarf to visit is some time, as the dean is a devout follower of Smofarf.  He also speaks to Russel hoping for word of Allanda's return or Iyuae's recovery.

Dean Hawklyn wants to hear of the Collector and does not like what he hears.   The dean also approaches Malchia and asks to discuss the items of Questin.

Dean Haskra, the purple hued Sakor'akai and Mystic Thurge of Smofarf, is also interested in speaking with Montaron but spends time with the group asking questions about the cult, looking for links to the cults at work here in Icefia.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 08:25:21 PM »
Dean Hawklyn wants to hear of the Collector and does not like what he hears.   The dean also approaches Malchia and asks to discuss the items of Quentin.
I speak with the Dean and explain the items to the best of my knowledge.  I also tell him that The Collector has the earrings.  I offer him a chance to analyze the gauntlet if he thinks it will help at all.  I ask him if he's ever seen anyone passing through the college that was wearing any of the items I seek.     

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 12:01:31 PM »
The Dean is interested and takes you up on the offer to analyze the gauntlet.

"This Collector creature is a curious one.  I have heard of his activities.  He has grown more bold and is becoming better known.  We have been to busy to give him much thought, however, and Lady Allanda has never considered him a threat.  That may change non, with this newest information."

He looks at the gauntlet for a while, "As I'm sure you know, this is from the time of our resident wizards.  It is from a collection."  Assuming he gets filled in on what you learned from Russel, if he didn't know already.  "Where did you say you lost the other items?"

"I have never noticed anyone wearing the items, but it is possible that if they didn't show them off, I would not have known."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 12:14:07 PM »
"Where did you say you lost the other items?"

I was wearing three of the items when assaulted in Home.  It was while examining the earrings that the mutiny took place.  I suspect at least some of the items are in the cultist camp, or at least they were when I was originally dropped off by Nefario.  As I mentioned before, The Collector now has the earrings.  I intend to reclaim all of the items that were taken from me and complete my quest for the final pieces.

On a side note, if you or any of the other Deans know of any magic designed to combat Slaadi, that would be most helpful.  They are potent foes.     
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:16:44 PM by Malchia »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 12:39:04 PM »
"I can't say that I have ever fought any Slaad.  I am sure we can find someone who has here.  Haskra perhaps."

"Once you've collected all of these items, then you can find a relic....fascinating.  And where did you say you were assaulted?"