Author Topic: A Long Way Around, But a Plan Found  (Read 12422 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: A Long Way Around, But a Plan Found
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 01:48:07 PM »
luigi is listening to the echos on the mountains looking wistfully...

"Do you think If I hit a High C i could cause an avalanche... it's on the bucket list ?"

- sitting down pulling out his spellbook...

"greater teleport... *sigh*.. sure.."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 02:40:48 PM »
Blink blink. "Yes apparently I did. Drat.  Does anyone here have an item as previously described?"

I have a belt that was taken from one of the guards during our escape, but I'd prefer you not focus on something wrapped around my waist; that seems more Isaac's cup of tea.   

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 03:22:13 PM »
It is only 20-30 miles are we really going to teleport there.  What happened to your sense of adventure Russel.  We can easily get there before the day is over.  Plus I really don't like using all my spells for teleporting.  Who knows what might attack us when we are out and about and going to a Frost giant city, no matter who is in charge of it, doesn't really make me feel any safer.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 03:31:42 PM »
It is only 20-30 miles are we really going to teleport there.  What happened to your sense of adventure Russel.  We can easily get there before the day is over.  Plus I really don't like using all my spells for teleporting.  Who knows what might attack us when we are out and about and going to a Frost giant city, no matter who is in charge of it, doesn't really make me feel any safer.
"My friend, I never had a sense of adventure.

If we were to fly we might make it there alive by the end of the day. To accomplish that you would have to provide everyone who cannot do so a fly spell and an endure elements spell. If you meant walk, or more accurately climb, I would point out that we have three dwarves, who do not move very fast, and only speaking for myself, at least one person with no idea how to mountaineer. It would most likely take us a week, with endure elements for all, with no guarantee that we would get there alive."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 03:49:49 PM »
Claude, if it means that much to you, you can fly with me on Nefario.  I owe you that much at least since you helped me get him back. 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
I was just poking fun at Russel as usual.  Thanks for the offer, but I am able to fly on my own if needed.  I assumed the group didn't need endure elements from us since they seemed to survive on their own in the northern waste just fine.  It would take a teleport from myself and Luigi if we are going to bring Nefario.    Maybe in this case it might be better to teleport but I think we need to get back into the mentality of adventures and be a little more cautious with our spell use. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »
We could be there within the hour if we fly. I can take 1.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
That is true let's fly there.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 09:22:10 AM »
I hop aboard Nefario.....

Checking this off the bucket list...

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 09:30:13 AM »
Daane says, "I am all for not waiting any time out here.  Get we all get flying?  I can't, so someone need to help me there."  The handsome dwarf has his cape wrapped around him, but it doesn't seem adequate for the sub zero wind chill high in the mountains.  "I could use some warmth two, if one of ye mighty wizards could expend a little to keep a dwarf warm."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
Daane says, "I am all for not waiting any time out here.  Get we all get flying?  I can't, so someone need to help me there."  The handsome dwarf has his cape wrapped around him, but it doesn't seem adequate for the sub zero wind chill high in the mountains.  "I could use some warmth two, if one of ye mighty wizards could expend a little to keep a dwarf warm."

Sorry Dwarf, the Book of Dwarven Common sense, at least the one from my time suggests that casting anything on your will lead to the death of at least 2 people here.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »
I start reading to swap out two fly spells.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »

Sorry Dwarf, the Book of Dwarven Common sense, at least the one from my time suggests that casting anything on your will lead to the death of at least 2 people here.

Daane raises an eyebrow, "That's not a joke, is it?  I would have expected a better delivery if it was, from what I know of the Luigi."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »
Daane raises an eyebrow, "That's not a joke, is it?  I would have expected a better delivery if it was, from what I know of the Luigi."

Looks at Russel.. "Paladins, Cavaliers, Silverswords, et al... We experienced the pain first hand, and you want to bring him into a den of giants, push your minds eye back in time, i'm sure you can count the number of examples of this, you know the truth of it"

Looks at Daane... "There are two things I don't joke about dwarf, Food and Death...especially mine"

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 02:36:53 PM »
"You are far less jovial than I was led to believe, Luigi.  I had heard that your inn was a place of food and merriment, that the ladies dancing and the lords sang, that you knew secrets of the old days to make even the grumpiest of people crack a smile!  Your reputation proceeded you as a lover of life, a fine cook, and a great minstrel!"  His voice echoes across the mountains.  "I smiled and my heart warmed at the thought of traveling with you.  Such joy we would have defeating evil and bringing light to the darkest corners of Habololy!  Only several days into this grand adventure, my first in years, and what am I confronted with, a grumpy Nipit.  You've gotten bogged down in your many years.  Look not to your monotone dictionary of a companion that exits the conversation when it gets interesting, to times unknown, but to your still fun loving friend who jumped out of a window to escape an anti magic field, not knowing if he would hit the ground and die, but trusting he would not!"

"And you, Malchia, now that we are far from my beloved Port Springs, that you are now banned from; a fate the likes of which I only dare to imagine, be wary of your words.  If you have made an enemy of Vega, then you should know that you have gone down a dangerous path.  Take heart that you have found your friend, be merry that you travel with allies!"

He turns his head dramatically towards the north, resting a boot on the ground and another on a rock higher up.