Author Topic: Not Another Rescue Mission  (Read 10759 times)

Online Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Not Another Rescue Mission
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
Eventually Saladien is teleported back in to Dramman.  He let's you know that he was rescued by people from the bardic college.  They also found out the following about the camp that the sorcerer was from.

Malchia I really do think it would be best for you to head to the bardic college in Icefia.  There are many loremasters who have studied under the great Melodi.  This is probably one of the few place in Habololy where you  might actually find some answers.

Can anyone there regenerate my arm or teleport me to Nefario?  If not, I have no use for a school full of clowns and jesters.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »
Take the help or not I really don't care.  However, I can't believe that your are getting many offers to help from anywhere else.  Even if you weren't such a miserable soul and did have people knocking down the door to help you on this mission I highly doubt you would find anyone else who could.  As for your arm and Nefario there are definitely people there that could help.  However, with an attitude like that I would be shocked if you would find someone willing to provide that help.   So do what you want and please decide quickly because my life will be much happier when I done dealing with you.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:33:51 PM by Windblade »

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »
Oh by the way. Enzo and Owen it has been nice working with you so far so maybe help your friend here make a decision and let me know.   

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 07:43:23 PM »
Oh by the way. Enzo and Owen it has been nice working with you so far so maybe help your friend here make a decision and let me know.

"Don't look at me boy.  I was brought on to help rescue a bunch of folk, and that's what I did. What they do from here on out is their own business."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »
Fair enough.  Good luck to you sir.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »
Take the help or not I really don't care.  However, I can't believe that your are getting many offers to help from anywhere else.  Even if you weren't such a miserable soul and did have people knocking down the door to help you on this mission I highly doubt you would find anyone else who could.  As for your arm and Nefario there are definitely people there that could help.  However, with an attitude like that I would be shocked if you would find someone willing to provide that help.   So do what you want and please decide quickly because my life will be much happier when I done dealing with you.

Are you still yapping...?  I lost you after you said that there are people that can help with my arm and Nefario.  Very well, I'll go to the college.  If what you say is true, perhaps someone there is competent enough to have studied the artifacts I seek.     

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 09:37:07 PM »
As a note on who is present for these conversation; Malchia, Owen, Enzo, Issac, and Saladien.  Basically no one who lives in or near Dramman.  You all, because of that similarity, share one common room.

However, at least Owen or Enzo remember from their time with him, that Hipolet does not live near near, but rather right outside of Port Springs.  If he is to be believed, he has every intention of returning there soon.

Before anyone asks, there is no one in Dramman capable of teleporting.  With winter coming on, if you want to leave, you have to do it soon, or wait here until spring.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
The sooner we leave, the better.  Nefario must be found.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 04:21:22 PM »
When word of your leaving spreads, the two dwaven miners that you rescued ask to join you, as they need to get to the dwarven kingdom.

You could be supplied up within three days.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 10:33:19 PM »
When Roflander hears that your plan is to travel, he offers the following: "I have scouts in need of reconnaissance, they can accompany you to the border of the giant kingdom.  That should provide you some protection.  Once you are into the Frozensky forest or dwarven kingdom, you will be much safer."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 11:18:24 PM »
At some point I assume we address the matter of our newfound wealth.

Here's what Enzo suggests:

We walked away with 250,000 gc worth of platinum, and an enchanted belt that Malchia is wearing that adds a +2 to caster level...figure that's worth ~40-50,000 gc based on the orange ion stone I tried to buy in Port Springs a while back (in the DMG, adds +1 CL for 30k)...let's call t 40k because I'm feeling generous.

That's a total pot of 290,000 gc to split.

First, we take any incurred direct expenses straight off the top. I burned a teleport scroll (1125 gc per DMG) and a cure moderate potion (300 gc). I think someone else used a potion or 2 as well? (Post if you did.)

Next we give each of the prisoners 1000 gc as compensation for the time they were imprisoned. 4 dwarves = 4000 gc.

The remainder we split between the 4 of us, the cut being directly proportional to the amount of risk and time invested in the rescue. Obviously, since I spent over a year in this frozen wasteland preparing for this, I think I deserve a bigger cut. And Malchia, since you were a "rescuee", your share is reduced to acknowledge the fact that we saved your a$$.

Enzo: 30%
Owen: 25%
Hipolet: 25%
Malchia: 20%

The blanket and the crown I suggest we give to Roflander. He could make best use of the blanket, I think, and the crown will be difficult for us to unload. And this way, since he's getting something out of it, Rolflander may be willing to help us exchange these 250 lb bars into something more portable.

Seems fair to me. Thoughts?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 11:21:19 PM »
And Hipolet, did I hear correctly that you encountered some ropers in this area a while back? I'll give you 2000 gc to take me to them. I don't mean to fight them, just observe them for a while. I could get us out there pretty quick if you'd be willing to take to the air.

If Hiploet declines, I ask Roflander if there is anyone in the village who could lead me there.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »
Roflander, after discussing the situation with his money changers, offers to trade the platinum bards for gems, sapphires specifically.  He will take a 1% fee for the trade.  Then after you give him the blanket, he offers the exchange for no cost.

"I will keep the crown and give it to the barbarians as a show of allegiance.  Hopefully it will convince them to walk away from the cults."

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 03:57:38 PM »
When word of your leaving spreads, the two dwaven miners that you rescued ask to join you, as they need to get to the dwarven kingdom.

You could be supplied up within three days.

"You may join me, but know that when I find Nefario, we will most likely part ways."

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 03:58:49 PM »
When Roflander hears that your plan is to travel, he offers the following: "I have scouts in need of reconnaissance, they can accompany you to the border of the giant kingdom.  That should provide you some protection.  Once you are into the Frozensky forest or dwarven kingdom, you will be much safer."

"Thank you Roflander, that would be acceptable."