Author Topic: Courage Domain  (Read 8525 times)

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Courage Domain
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
I don't think we can do that. If the clerics of Tfop don't have the pool of turn attempts to draw from and the others do we make the ability more powerful for Tfop than the others. My vote is number of times per day equal to Charisma mod. It's a pretty potent ability.

That sounds fine.  What exactly is the ability again?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 12:22:33 PM »
Ability: Once per day a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of once per day), while the cleric is engaged in combat, the cleric can inspire his allies with his fighting prowess.  All allies within 30 feet that are aware of the cleric's presence gain a +2 morale bonus on natural weapon or unarmed attack and damage rolls and a +1 morale bonus to Saving throws verses fear effects per 4 cleric levels to a maximum bonus of +5.  (So a 5th level cleric would grant a +2 to saves, attack and damage, a 9th level cleric would grant a +3).  This ability lasts for one round and can be activated as a swift action.  If the cleric is incapacitated in any way, the effect ends immediately.  In addition, a cleric may use a Turn Undead attempt, or similar ability attempt, to use this Courage domain ability additional times.

I have altered it, what do you think?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
Why would you only get the bonus to unarmed/natural attacks ? That makes no sense and makes it useless for Stasis and Tfop.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »
Ability: Once per day a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of once per day), while the cleric is engaged in combat, the cleric can inspire his allies with his fighting prowess.  All allies within 30 feet that are aware of the cleric's presence gain a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls and a +1 morale bonus to Saving throws verses fear effects per 4 cleric levels to a maximum bonus of +5.  (So a 5th level cleric would grant a +2 to saves, attack and damage, a 9th level cleric would grant a +3).  This ability lasts for one round and can be activated as a swift action.  If the cleric is incapacitated in any way, the effect ends immediately.  In addition, a cleric may use a Turn Undead attempt, or similar ability attempt, to use this Courage domain ability additional times.

Just a wording oversight,

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »
I'm a fan of this ability.  Very cool.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 05:16:52 PM »
Ability: Once per day a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of once per day), while the cleric is engaged in combat, the cleric can inspire his allies with his fighting prowess.  All allies within 30 feet that are aware of the cleric's presence gain a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls and a +1 morale bonus to Saving throws verses fear effects per 4 cleric levels to a maximum bonus of +5.  (So a 5th level cleric would grant a +2 to saves, attack and damage, a 9th level cleric would grant a +3).  This ability lasts for one round and can be activated as a swift action.  If the cleric is incapacitated in any way, the effect ends immediately.  In addition, a cleric may use a Turn Undead attempt, or similar ability attempt, to use this Courage domain ability additional times.

Just a wording oversight,

It seems a little powerful.  I would scale it back but I know these abilities seem to be very different in powerful so it is difficult to judge.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2012, 05:21:35 PM »
I just reread it and seems ok.  Originally, I thought the cleric got the bonuses too.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2012, 07:23:15 PM »
I think one of two, I would say both, changes need to be made: it should apply to the cleric and/or it should last more than one round.  I think all domain abilities should have some personal component (i.e. should affect the cleric first).

The way its written the attack/damage bonus and the save bonus are different but in the level example they are the same.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »
I think one of two, I would say both, changes need to be made: it should apply to the cleric and/or it should last more than one round.  I think all domain abilities should have some personal component (i.e. should affect the cleric first).

The way its written the attack/damage bonus and the save bonus are different but in the level example they are the same.

I disagree based on the power level.  I think it is very powerful as is.  However, I think you made a good point that abilities should effect the cleric.  If we go with all abilities effecting clerics which I think is fine then this ability would need to be changed to something else.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »
I think it is okay to include the cleric.  This power is significantly less powerful than the bardic Inspire Courage, which lasts for much longer each use, includes the bard, and can get a higher bonus to everything.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »
If no one else has any thoughts on the granted power, I will lock this one tomorrow.