Author Topic: Travel Domain  (Read 7798 times)

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Travel Domain
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 10:14:02 AM »
It creates a dimensional portal so it shouldn't be banned from the creation list.   However, I do see it is a conjuration (creation).    That seems like a poor classification IMO.  Doesn't matter to me either way.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 11:37:51 AM »
Since it is a temporary creation, it should not be a banned spell, hence:

1st - Longstrider
2nd   Swim
3rd - Phantom Steed
4th - Dimension Door
5th - Teleport
6th - Find the Path
7th - Magnificent Mansion
8th - Phase Door
9th - Teleportation Circle
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 10:36:39 PM »
Based on Valdis suggestion for another domain, I am taking out Swim and putting in Tern's Persistence at 2nd level.

Unless anyone has any other thoughts, this one is complete.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
New Granted Power: The base speed for the cleric is increased by 5 feet.  This increase applies to all forms of travel the cleric has, including those gained through magic.

Thoughts?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 10:11:30 AM »
New Granted Power: The base speed for the cleric is increased by 5 feet.  This increase applies to all forms of travel the cleric has, including those gained through magic.

Thoughts?

Perfect!

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 10:14:30 AM »
I don't think it's good enough.. I think you should be able to increase the movement of all those travelling with the cleric as well.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 10:41:33 AM »
The problem here is that I am trying to not duplicate an ability of the Pathfinder, which can be found on the website.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
The problem here is that I am trying to not duplicate an ability of the Pathfinder, which can be found on the website.

The move increase duplicates a monk and a ranger ability.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »
Pathfinder class gets:

-bonuses to Knowledge (Geography), Profession (Guide), and Survival, Search skill checks and Track feat checks
-increased movement
-movement based bonus feat

Other abilities wouldn't be duplicated.  So we need something that is appropriate yet different from those.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »
How about the cleric's base speed increases by 5 ft. for every 5 levels for a total of +25 ft. at 20th level?  This would mean +5 ft. at 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th.  If that's too much you could always do +5 at 1st, 7th, 13th, and 19th for a total of +20 ft.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
Now that I here everyone elses arguments I agree with them.  Perfect might have been a little strong but I like the idea behind increasing the movement of the character.  I also like Zunders idea of increase the whole party.  I don't think it is a big deal to duplicate stuff everyone once in awhile but your call.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 04:40:30 PM »
Power: for a number of hours each day equal to the caster's constitution modifier the caster can increase their overland travel speed by 25%. The caster can increase the speed of a number of. Companions or their mounts equal to their caster level.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
Power: for a number of hours each day equal to the caster's constitution modifier the caster can increase their overland travel speed by 25%. The caster can increase the speed of a number of. Companions or their mounts equal to their caster level.

Something likes this seems really good.  The only thing I don't like is the con modifier being used.  I understand the reasoning behind it but I don't think it works too well mechanically.  I think it is too much to have a cleric to have a high wisdom for spell casting, a high cha for turning and then a high con to be able to use the domain ability.  I think we just need to replace the # of hours per day using con mod to something else.  Maybe a # of hours per day equal to 1/2 your cleric level.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »
I agree with not using Con modifier.  Although it makes logical sense, you would need to set it at 1 + Con modifier, with a minimum one 1, since you could have a negative modifier.

How about a number of hours equal to cleric level and a number of companions equal to caster level?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »
I agree with not using Con modifier.  Although it makes logical sense, you would need to set it at 1 + Con modifier, with a minimum one 1, since you could have a negative modifier.

How about a number of hours equal to cleric level and a number of companions equal to caster level?

seems fine to me.