2 Scare
3 Rage
4 Fear
5 Crushing Despair
6 Aura of Terror
7 Eye Bite
8 Antipathy
9 Weird

Power: You have the Frightful Presence ability.  The ability affects only those that you attack in combat, including touch spells, or Intimidate.  The save DC is based only on your Cleric levels.  If you already have the Frightful Presence ability from another source you add your Wisdom modifier to the save DC.

Windblade:

--- Quote from: whitesword on February 26, 2012, 12:17:24 PM ---1 Bane
2 Scare
3 Rage
4 Fear
5 Crushing Despair
6 Aura of Terror
7 Eye Bite
8 Antipathy
9 Weird

Power: You have the Frightful Presence ability.  The ability affects only those that you attack in combat, including touch spells, or Intimidate.  The save DC is based only on your Cleric levels.  If you already have the Frightful Presence ability from another source you add your Wisdom modifier to the save DC.

--- End quote ---

The save can't be based just on cleric level because you would almost never miss the save.   I would make it like stunning fist.  10 +1/2 your cleric level + your wis modifier (or you could do Cha mod if you want).  If you already have Frightful Presence then add +2  to the DC of this check.

I like all the spell choices except rage in the 3rd level slot.  I will try to see if I can come up with some suggestions.

Asinjin:
I agree with Windblade's power comment.

For 1st level, Cause Fear is another option.  Thoughts?

For 2nd level, Horror of the Spoken Name from Tome of Magic.  Thoughts?

I like moving Fear to 3rd level and for 4th Manifest Nightmare from Heroes of Horror.  Thoughts?

I have no problems with 5th through 9th.

whitesword:
The power is normally based on total HD + ability modifier.  If you think half- cleric level + modifier works better that is fine with me, I just didn't think it should be based on character level as it would be for a monster.

Asinjin:
Even at 20th level, the half level plus 10 plus modifier would be 26ish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version