Author Topic: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9519
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2023, 10:52:02 PM »
Check my math-The enemy is 400 yards away but you have a 210 yard range. So you need to move 570’ to get into range.  55’ a round it will take you 11 rounds (get down the wall)?

I move at 55, but can 4x speed, so I can move 220 per round.  So three rounds.  Skate allows me to ignore any difficult terrain.  I can also Catfall down the wall if needed.  Note that I will only have 6 lightning balls, not 7, so I can skate and catfall.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9519
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2023, 10:52:51 PM »
Might I suggest pairing the attack with an illusion of some other threat to draw attention away from Ruby.

If I'm invisible it won't matter.  But still might be a good head fake.  Storm Giant?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9519
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2023, 10:54:32 PM »
We should also plan for a rushed attack if the come after the illusion giant.  Perhaps Lachlyn and Godric hiding near to the giant illusion to mow down a small attacking force?  Backed up by archers.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9519
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2023, 10:55:35 PM »
Overall, our goal isn't to defeat the army.  But we can buy time for other aid or ideas or maybe even make it so painful they retreat for a while.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2445
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2023, 07:25:55 AM »
The enemy is not aware yet of our capabilities - should we try to make the first strike against the more elite troops at the rear while we still have surprise?

Offline Valdis

  • Magnanamous
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1010
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2023, 08:30:21 AM »
I suggest that the illusionist make me invisible and I go out and do some electric psionic damage.  I have been training to create energy attacks and think I can create a ball of lightning at about 210 yards distance.  I suggest we start this right away.  I can skate out invisible, moving swiftly and damaging their front lines.

Lachlan nods his head at this.  "Yes, I agree.  This is a good plan."

Offline Valdis

  • Magnanamous
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1010
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2023, 08:30:54 AM »
The enemy is not aware yet of our capabilities - should we try to make the first strike against the more elite troops at the rear while we still have surprise?

Lachlan nods his head at this.  "Yes, I agree.  This is a good plan."

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9519
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2023, 08:57:25 AM »
The enemy is not aware yet of our capabilities - should we try to make the first strike against the more elite troops at the rear while we still have surprise?

I am not sure how we safely get to the back of their lines safely and the return safely.  We can't travel magically and the wyverns would block a flight out.  Also, I don't know if elite troops will be defeated by one blast before they scatter or protect themselves.  I can switch energy types later if we choose to go after them so if they protect against lightning, fire can be the next attack.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1673
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2023, 09:59:20 PM »
I might be able to approach the back of the lines as a Drow..but I don't know what I could do to help.  The staff can do damage with Lightening, but probably not enough to have any real effect.  I still think the best idea is to flee with as many as we can get out.  What is left on this island but death, even if we defeat this army, there will be more.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9519
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2023, 10:14:34 PM »
I might be able to approach the back of the lines as a Drow..but I don't know what I could do to help.  The staff can do damage with Lightening, but probably not enough to have any real effect.  I still think the best idea is to flee with as many as we can get out.  What is left on this island but death, even if we defeat this army, there will be more.

Getting as many as possible out of here is the end goal, but we need to delay the siege to rescue many.  Forcing the enemy to retreat and regroup could give us weeks.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

  • Magnanamous
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1010
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2023, 10:16:49 AM »
Getting as many as possible out of here is the end goal, but we need to delay the siege to rescue many.  Forcing the enemy to retreat and regroup could give us weeks.

Lachlan nods his head at this.  "Yes, I agree.  This is a good plan."

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2445
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing . . . To the Rescue? OR Refusing to Taste the Rainbow!
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2023, 11:55:30 AM »
If I'm invisible it won't matter.  But still might be a good head fake.  Storm Giant?
An illusion of an exalted summoned creature, like a celestial, would have more credibility than a storm giant for its sudden appearance and disappearance.