Habololy Books > Guide to Rangers

Ranger combat styles

(1/4) > >>

Hero:
So I recently stumbled on the Pathfinder ranger and noticed that there are many different options for combat style in PF compared to the 2 available in 3.5.

Here’s the link:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/ranger-combat-styles/

I really like the idea of adding some additional combat style options. We don’t need as many options as PF, but some others beyond the basic TWF and archery paths would be flavorful. In particular, I think we could use options for mounted combat (for Yellowian rangers), natural attacks (for more savage races with natural attacks), and thrown weapons (spears are ancient hunting weapons).

Thoughts?

Malchia:
I like the idea of sprucing up Rangers.

Zunder:
I like it - Pathfinder stuff seems pretty sweet.  It's a slippery slop

Asinjin:

--- Quote from: Hero on April 23, 2023, 09:26:59 PM ---So I recently stumbled on the Pathfinder ranger and noticed that there are many different options for combat style in PF compared to the 2 available in 3.5.

Here’s the link:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/ranger-combat-styles/

I really like the idea of adding some additional combat style options. We don’t need as many options as PF, but some others beyond the basic TWF and archery paths would be flavorful. In particular, I think we could use options for mounted combat (for Yellowian rangers), natural attacks (for more savage races with natural attacks), and thrown weapons (spears are ancient hunting weapons).

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

I think a few of those could be added.  Their list is too large.

Hero:
Suggest we add combat style options for Mounted, Natural, and Thrown attacks.

Mounted
2nd: Ride-by Attack
6th: Spirited Charge
11th: Improved Ride-by Attack (Habololy Yellowia book)

Natural
2nd: Improved Natural Attack
6th: Rapidstrike
11th: Improved Rapidstrike

Thrown
2nd: Brutal Throw
6th: Power Throw
11th: Hurling Charge

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version