Author Topic: The Kingdom of Mud  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
The Kingdom of Mud
« on: April 19, 2023, 09:49:59 AM »
Questions and comments.  As stated, any survivors of the next session will get 10K xp.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Kingdom of Mud
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 12:00:26 PM »
Some information Justene relayed:

- The king is named Fejjef Twocrowns, and is an Ettin.
- There are near 1,000 Ettin living in the kingdom.
- The rest of appear to mostly be human.
- Hills giants number more than 100 and live in the village you just visited.
- The hills giants come from the nearby hills.
- The hills giants work in the mud fields and are paid.
- The factory is near the middle of the mud field and is constructed on stilts (think oil rig in ocean)
- The factory is run by gnomes.
- Flying machines visit the factory and can land on it.

Justene has little to no historical information, she wasn't interested in that while she was doing recon.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 12:00:52 PM »
It is the 5th day of the 9th month of 817.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 12:50:58 PM »
So, the plan is to load us up on the sledge and have Ragoth pull us through the mud in the middle of the night?  What's the plan after that?  We're not exactly stealthy, so getting past the guards and into the factory will be tough.  I suggest we all pose as slaves who are being transported to the factory for heavy labor (to explain away why we're all in such good shape and our otherwise motley appearance).  As far as explaining Maverick, his role is to fly each of us up to the factory from the gaurd's checkpoint before being put to work.  Obviously it would be too taxing on him to carry each of us several miles through the mud, hence the sledge.  Once we're all transported, Ragoth will go last to make sure the slave transaction is complete with the Gnomes.  Once we're all assembled up top, we either try to sneak in or launch our assault.  Thoughts?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 01:10:29 PM »
So, the plan is to load us up on the sledge and have Ragoth pull us through the mud in the middle of the night?  What's the plan after that?  We're not exactly stealthy, so getting past the guards and into the factory will be tough.  I suggest we all pose as slaves who are being transported to the factory for heavy labor (to explain away why we're all in such good shape and our otherwise motley appearance).  As far as explaining Maverick, his role is to fly each of us up to the factory from the gaurd's checkpoint before being put to work.  Obviously it would be too taxing on him to carry each of us several miles through the mud, hence the sledge.  Once we're all transported, Ragoth will go last to make sure the slave transaction is complete with the Gnomes.  Once we're all assembled up top, we either try to sneak in or launch our assault.  Thoughts?

Justene, "if we are going at night, I doubt there would be deliveries then. Also", she says, "I don't know if slave labor is much of a thing with the gnomes.  The giants, of course, as they are uncivilized brutes..." uncomfortable pause.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 01:38:32 PM »
Justene, "if we are going at night, I doubt there would be deliveries then. Also", she says, "I don't know if slave labor is much of a thing with the gnomes.  The giants, of course, as they are uncivilized brutes..." uncomfortable pause.
What if we went during the day?  How hard would it be to convince the giants we're there for that purpose?  Like I said, just a thought.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 08:12:45 AM »
What if we went during the day?  How hard would it be to convince the giants we're there for that purpose?  Like I said, just a thought.

She says, "The giants aren't at the factory, they don't need convincing.  I mean the ones we just encountered were easy to convince, by comparison to the gnomes."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 09:27:10 PM »
Sighs..
  Ok, maybe I should infiltrate.  If we risk sneaking up in there for bricks, i'm going to be miffed.  Our cover would definitly be blown, if it's isn't already.    I can become a hawk, or other larger bird, fly over, do.. my thing, and check it out.  See if the juice with worth the squeeze.. so to speak.

Ender is very convincing..

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2023, 09:10:11 PM »
Sighs..
  Ok, maybe I should infiltrate.  If we risk sneaking up in there for bricks, i'm going to be miffed.  Our cover would definitly be blown, if it's isn't already.    I can become a hawk, or other larger bird, fly over, do.. my thing, and check it out.  See if the juice with worth the squeeze.. so to speak.

Ender is very convincing..
Fine with me. Xolotl has already left to investigate the station. He will offer a different perspective than you.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 09:14:06 PM by Hero »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2023, 07:13:38 AM »
Mmms..

Can he.. um.. it.. properly return information?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2023, 09:07:51 AM »
"'A fontal assault, under the cover of daylight',  brilliant plan General"

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2023, 12:06:50 PM »
"'A fontal assault, under the cover of daylight',  brilliant plan General"

Tries not to spit out the water he just drank...

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2023, 10:18:25 PM »
Mmms..

Can he.. um.. it.. properly return information?
After staring at you contemplatively for an awkward moment: “Yes. I would not put him in danger if it was a pointless activity. He is more intelligent than some of those we travel with and can describe to me everything that he observes. I have asked him to infiltrate the inside of the station and tell us how many living beings are in it.”

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2023, 03:20:55 PM »
"I have asked him to infiltrate the inside of the station and tell us how many living beings are in it.”

Detail on how he does this please.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2023, 06:35:19 PM »
Detail on how he does this please.
Sent you a message.