Author Topic: Session 1 - A Long Way to Travel  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Session 1 - A Long Way to Travel
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:28:50 AM »
A place to discuss what occurred in the first session.  We can mix in in game and out of game comments.

Everyone gets to 2nd level.

I forgot to include initiative adjustments based on action, I will remember next time and have a cheat sheet for myself to make it easier.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Session 1 - A Long Way to Travel
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:21:09 PM »
The short rest requires 1 hour.  So I assume you barricade the doors and keep watch while you rest.

During that rest, everyone gets one hit die plus their Con modifier hit points back.

You do not get spells back.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 12:35:59 PM »
The short rest requires 1 hour.  So I assume you barricade the doors and keep watch while you rest.

During that rest, everyone gets one hit die plus their Con modifier hit points back.

You do not get spells back.
What about the new spells and additional slots received when leveling up?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 01:03:20 PM »
Typically, I would not allow them from a short rest, but for more playtest effectiveness, anything you gain can be added from the short rest.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:07:01 AM »
Dex will search the room thoroughly before resting.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 12:39:10 PM »
Luminescent fungus clings to the walls and ceiling, shedding a violet light.  The air is damp, chilly, and redolent with the odors of loam and decay.  A layer of earth, mixed with rotting vegetation and the remains of cave animals, covers the floor of the wide cavern.  Several varieties of mushroom and fungus grow of the detritus, as well as a few saplings.

The creatures you destroyed appear almost indistinguishable from the ground after they fall apart.

The room has four exits.  There is the vine covered shaft in the ceiling; the door you have closed that you saw ant-men on the other side of, the door to the right of that which you were going to go through first, and the natural opening to the left.  All doors standard human size, about three by six feet.  The natural opening is closer to ten by ten.  The ceiling is about ten feet up, and you climbing down thirty feet of tunnel and vines.

Looking up, you do not see anyone at the top, nor hear and noises from the Kenku you saw up there.  Your paid guide helps you barricade the door, and seems to suggest doing the same to the other.  It then watches the opening intently from a place of cover in the room; which is roughly 60 x 60 feet.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:26:33 PM »
Out of curiosity, how much xp was that session worth if you were awarding it normally?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 10:14:53 PM »
Out of curiosity, how much xp was that session worth if you were awarding it normally?

Combat and non-combat challenges included, you would have gotten 104 xp each, that's for 6 of you.  300 is 2nd level.