1 (14.3%)
Wins a few and takes control of the southern forest
1 (14.3%)
Succeeds in wiping out opposition in the forest and kills Greenfellow
3 (42.9%)
Destroys the world
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Tales of the Heroes  (Read 42253 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Tales of the Heroes
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 02:30:12 PM »
Rodiosha Ver'Treman (Asinjin, Plateau)

After years as a small time sheriff, the Gree was thrilled at the arrival of Gneon and the new direction of the Great Plateau.  Happy with the organization and willing to be a sheriff piece in the greater plan, he maintained his role for all the years of Iott's reign and the war and still beyond that.

Rogue 3 / Wizard 3 / Ranger 4
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:07:46 AM by Asinjin »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 02:33:42 PM »
Lyraessa Vartalo (Hero, Plateau)

Her time on the Great Plateau was brief.  Once Gneon's rule began and Iott's reign was under way, life in a tinkering city offered little for an elven psionic.  With the benefit of long life and many chances to start again, she returned home to wait for a time when the world was different.

Psion 6
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 06:42:16 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 02:53:35 PM »
Finneas Grignard III (Hero, Plateau)

Under the shadow of his growing more popular father, the younger Finn drifted farther and farther from the Plateau proper.  Ending up in the Great Forest, he mingled with other halflings, and found some entertainment in the halfling communities under the rule of Scalehome.  But snake bitten as he seemed, Iott would soon level rule against firearms.  Finn was forced to leave the communities, and found no more happiness in the southern forest under the stone fisted rule of Tyrogatore and their disgusting allies: the gnolls, giants, and orcs.

Finn wandered farther yet, putting on shows of skill where he could and living a travelers life.  He was vaguely aware of the major events of the world, but unless they directly effected the city he was in, he didn't pay much attention.  Traveling the main continent, he visited many nations and more cities than he could count.

Maybe having been able to give the date (816), he was one stormy night at an inn called the Low Bar in the City of Ermaneo when a thundercrack and lightning struck.

Rogue 2/ Paladin 4/ Pistolier 2
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 06:42:59 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 03:35:34 PM »
Tuco (Master Po, Plateau)

The one eyed scoundrel traveled the world for many years.  In each city he went to, he stayed until his welcome was worn out, which was often not long.  Every constable group and a vast number of organizations including the: Oneace, Redleaf, Dock Rats, Scaletakers, Fensin, Sailor's Guild, and even the Ritvalists had thrown him out of their cities.

Ending up back in the city of Ermaneo, he found a place that would not throw him out so long as Spinnar kept half of his ill gotten gains.  Playing a game of seven headed hydra, in the Low Bar one night, he took a hand after a thunder clap and lightning strike distracted the others at the table.

Rogue 2 / Oddsmaker 6

« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 11:16:06 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 04:03:30 PM »
Yurishami Ahiro (Windblade, Seas)

A one time corsair, he made a living for several years aboard some famous and other not so famous ships.  Having earned a living and with larger wars on the horizon, he retired to his home island and started a family with the coin he had earned.  During that time, he was caught in the rising tide of Quan Yin's faith.  Inspired, his family grew large.  Years passed and the religion of Quan Yin began to evangelize, sending its clerics out into the world as never before.  Now a faithful servant of Quan Yin, blessed with a family of eight children and having avoiding the plagues thanks to his faith, Yuri agreed to sail aboard the Waves of Peace, one of the chief ships of the religion's.  He still sails ably into his 50's.

Crafter 7
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 11:36:35 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 12:14:48 AM »
There are 119 characters with more than 2 sessions and alive at the end of era 2.  I have now done 16 of them...

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2021, 01:33:10 AM »
First the end of Lightstalker.  I don't think I need anything else now.

Second nice job on all the stories. 

I really like the battle with Wilham and Kovar. 

I feel like I might be missing something but I don't quite understand what happened here:

Happy for a year at his old home and surrounded by his shop and surviving friends, one day a surge of energy burst through his body.  Confused at first because he thought it may be a machination of his, Artemus soon realized the red size was real and he must go

Also is that my Yuri.  I totally forget about him or did someone else have a Yuri that I forgot about.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 09:22:32 AM by Windblade »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 09:05:31 AM »
Happy for a year at his old home and surrounded by his shop and surviving friends, one day a surge of energy burst through his body.  Confused at first because he thought it may be a machination of his, Artemus soon realized the red size was real and he must go

Should read red sky not size

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2021, 09:05:53 AM »
Also is that my Yuri.  I totally forget about him or did someone else have a Yuri that I forgot aboutm

Yes, yours

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 09:13:26 AM »
Hipolet Frozensky (Master Po, String Mountain)

After leaving the forest on several extended missions to explore the world and help his fellow dwarves in Port Springs and the mountains to the east, Hipolet forever retired into the forest he loved.  Seeing few other than his animal companions and other Frozenskys he chose to interact with when needed, he faded from the memory of even most of those that he had adventured with over the years.

Ranger 6/ Rogue 1/ Pathfinder 8
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:11:35 AM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2021, 09:18:39 AM »
Marduk (Windblade, Wizards)

The strange creature arrived with the wizards from another world on the Day the Magic Broke (or the Day of Broken Magic).  The new world was fascinating to him and it was equally fascinated with the strange bull headed creature.  Getting lost in the shuffle in the chaos that surrounded that day the the time after, he settled out of the way, hoping to find a comfortable place in the new world, which for all its strangeness was a far better place than from where he had come.  He did find that place, but none knew where it was, and after a few years, none remembered him and he was seemingly erased.

Ranger 13
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 10:17:43 AM by Asinjin »

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2021, 09:29:15 AM »
Couple things grab my attention:
  • The Iottians attacked the Plateau. I thought there was a magically sealed treaty that prevented that. What happened?
  • Plagues. Little too much like real life on that one.
  • Finn's end came on a "fiery day" with undead involved - stupid Harrick.

I had the same questions and thoughts as Hero. 

What happened with the treaty?  Fiery day for resisdents of Grimhold?  And definitely had the same reaction to the plague.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 09:31:14 AM by Windblade »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2021, 12:59:24 PM »
- stupid Harrick.

his saggy flesh arm salutes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:03:03 PM by Zunder »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2021, 09:55:38 AM »
Gogenstern Frozensky (Malchia, String Mountain)

Like his clansmate, Gogenstern adventured beyond the forest home of his clan for a bit.  Not seeing a life beyond the woods that was any more meaningful or important than his task as a cleric for the dwarves, he returned to the forest and remained there.  He tended to the needs of the Frozensky as they kept out of the battles of their arcane obsessed and mundane devoted cousins.

Cleric 3 / Ranger 2 / Nightengale 5
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 10:18:21 AM by Asinjin »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2021, 10:12:18 AM »
Tolan (Valdis, Icefia)

Keeping mostly to himself after his abrupt return to the Grean republic, Tolan keeps as far away as he can from the major cities and military installations where he may be recognized.  He finds works as a blacksmith and secretly continues his bladelord training.  He eventually crosses paths with the Unwanted and mentors some of their members.  Never officially joining their cause, determined to live a quieter life.

Life in the Grean Republic was good for only a brief time for the returned Gree.  Soon after the treaty was signed with Iott, he became marked for death.  Part of the agreement with Iott was aid in hunting down Unwanted for the republic.  Had it not been for the breaking of magic, this effort would have advanced much further.

As it was, Iott was only able to spend a small amount of time and effort.  Unfortunately for Tolan, he met the profile they wanted to find better than most. Having spent time in Icefia and learning skills rare in the Republic, Iott located and found him quickly.  Skilled, but separated from his former allies and overwhelmed by Iottian wizards, he succumbed to the assault in 793 AC.

Fighter 8 / Bladelord 6
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 10:19:21 AM by Asinjin »