Author Topic: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?  (Read 53664 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?
« Reply #225 on: April 01, 2013, 09:21:43 PM »
Is it still lobbing fireballs or has it ceased all motion and activity?
The Heart was the source of the fireballs and it has teleported away.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 01, 2013, 09:55:08 PM »
Once Parker has 'Icafia-aid' up and running, he'll make his way back to Russell and the other wizards to see how the battle is going.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 01, 2013, 10:34:32 PM »
Once Parker has 'Icafia-aid' up and running, he'll make his way back to Russell and the other wizards to see how the battle is going.
Can you still fly?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2013, 08:29:51 AM »
Can you still fly?

That depends on how long it has been since Russell or Luigi cast it on me and how long it lasts

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2013, 12:13:25 PM »
That depends on how long it has been since Russell or Luigi cast it on me and how long it lasts
You alight from the courtyard with the crowd beginning to take up the song after a few verses from the bards. It can be clearly heard along the battlements and between the song and the juggernaut stopping the tide on the walls seems to quickly turn.

You arrive to see another barrage of spells directed at the berserkers scaling the doggeden. The quality of the attackers seems less as more of them fall to the spells but their ranks are barely thinned.  The entire attacking army is inside the arc of the cannons and the spell generators are too indiscriminate to be of much help.

Before the main gate of the castle it looks for a moment to Rubius and Parker (Ari is screened by the juggernaut) that the spearhead of fiends will break through and assault the main gate themselves. Then there is a great cry of Stasis and Icefia! followed by a bolt of glory that causes one of the fiends to burst into a cascade of light and then dust. The Knights and Ajax charge them and the fiends take flight into the air. Two more are cut down by rays of light from Ajax and the Knights but the rest flee southwest. The mind flayer hesitates for a moment but then disappears in a flash as well.

The Knights have left the zombie horde at their backs and they are soon engulfed. Arion leaps from the battlements into the chaos below.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2013, 11:06:45 PM »
The glowing form of Asinjin flies up towards the battlements.  I look for the first person I recognize that I think will be able to hear my yell and can direct me the best as to what help is needed.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »
The glowing form of Asinjin flies up towards the battlements.  I look for the first person I recognize that I think will be able to hear my yell and can direct me the best as to what help is needed.
You find Thale shouting orders above cacophony. He asks you "do you have spells that will only affect the wicked? The field is total chaos with no battle lines remaining."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2013, 09:35:03 AM »
"Also, I can make the spell sacred if their are fiends immune to the elements; and if you have a wand or item, I can purify its effect."  I look at the fireball generators.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2013, 03:42:34 PM »
Well, seeing as the Juggernaut is out of commission, I suppose Rubius will fly to some elevated position out of immediate harms way.  From there, I can re-materialize, fortify my position, and start firing arrows into the fiends with the holy bow. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »
Are there any fiends left or did they all flee?

So Ari has the castle at his back, the wreckage to one side, and undead everywhere else?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2013, 10:37:46 PM »
You alight from the courtyard with the crowd beginning to take up the song after a few verses from the bards. It can be clearly heard along the battlements and between the song and the juggernaut stopping the tide on the walls seems to quickly turn.

You arrive to see another barrage of spells directed at the berserkers scaling the doggeden. The quality of the attackers seems less as more of them fall to the spells but their ranks are barely thinned.  The entire attacking army is inside the arc of the cannons and the spell generators are too indiscriminate to be of much help.

Before the main gate of the castle it looks for a moment to Rubius and Parker (Ari is screened by the juggernaut) that the spearhead of fiends will break through and assault the main gate themselves. Then there is a great cry of Stasis and Icefia! followed by a bolt of glory that causes one of the fiends to burst into a cascade of light and then dust. The Knights and Ajax charge them and the fiends take flight into the air. Two more are cut down by rays of light from Ajax and the Knights but the rest flee southwest. The mind flayer hesitates for a moment but then disappears in a flash as well.

The Knights have left the zombie horde at their backs and they are soon engulfed. Arion leaps from the battlements into the chaos below.
As this didn't get much of a reaction, and occurs before Asinjin's arrival, I will continue from here.

Arion makes a running leap off the battlements. He is surrounded by a massive globe of pure white light. He crashes into the zombie horde and disappears from view for a moment but the globe of light remains. Only Rubius with his birds eye view sees him emerge apparently unharmed from the 80' drop. He begins to hack away at the nearest zombie but they surround him and appear to overbear him but within moments those closest to him begin to crumble into dust.  Soon he cannot reach one to strike at before the Gemblade's light reduces them to ash. The globe burns a hole through the horde and allows him to reach the paladins and knights.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:39:24 PM by whitesword »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2013, 10:53:09 PM »
Are there any fiends left or did they all flee?

So Ari has the castle at his back, the wreckage to one side, and undead everywhere else?
After Damon sets you down you and Astrek are directly before the main gate. The juggernaut is to your right and there is only 40-50' between it's front edge and the castle. To your left is the primarily Demi human formation, led by Damon and his giants. They are joined by the ice gnomes, sledgehammer Dwarves and marines. They have suffered heavy casualties and are not as well organized, which you would expect given their composition.

The enemy before you is a mass of zombies but close behind them you can see the barbarians' standards and banners. Your detect evil is nearly overwhelmed but lingering in the rear you can sense a few overwhelming presences.

Damon orders his troops to form a line with the juggernaut as a right end and the left arcing back to the castle.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »
Well, seeing as the Juggernaut is out of commission, I suppose Rubius will fly to some elevated position out of immediate harms way.  From there, I can re-materialize, fortify my position, and start firing arrows into the fiends with the holy bow.
The juggernaut no longer radiates fear and would offer you the best vantage to shoot at the fiends but if you are attacked only the giants and maybe Ari will be able to aid you.  The battlements would offer you better protection but the fiends have not approached within a bow's range.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »
"Also, I can make the spell sacred if their are fiends immune to the elements; and if you have a wand or item, I can purify its effect."  I look at the fireball generators.
He blinks and looks at you. "You can make the spell generators throw holy spells?  Clear us a path! Get this wizard to the southwest tower!"

Thanis, Martine and other knights that you cannot identify with their helms closed begin hacking a path through the berserkers to the tower.