Author Topic: The Longest Night  (Read 545 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
The Longest Night
« on: March 13, 2024, 12:32:34 AM »
For surviving another assault, everyone gets 750xp.

Questions for the Homesteader Lohren.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: The Longest Night
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 06:35:20 AM »
Since I'm completely out of spells, including cantrips, I thank Lohren for his hospitality and try to get my 8 hours. Before drifting off to sleep, I confer with my fellow Clerics on spell strategy for the next day. "My friends, should we focus again on Transmutation or do you feel a new strategy is in order with an assassin on our trail? I'd hate to put Lohren and his family at any more risk than they already are."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 06:48:14 AM by Malchia »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 08:17:24 AM »
Akrah climbs up to the loft in the barn, takes off her only clothing, a blood soaked gi.   Being raised in borkondorf she doesn't immediately think of washing it.  It's now more stained red then it's original beige, and full of holes. She falls asleep quickly.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 08:29:52 AM »
Terlus takes off his armor and falls asleep quickly in the hay.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 11:46:51 AM »
The homestead is at least several acres in size.  Looking at it in the light, there is a stream that runs through it and a few hills covered in grass.

There is a small grove of trees and a field of fences off vegetables.

The main house is made of stone and looks like it was built in stages.  There is enough room for several dozen.

In addition to the barn where you are staying, there is a lodge style building where the work stays.  That looks long enough accommodate about 8.

There is also a smaller building that someone identifies as the slaughterhouse, smoker, and such.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 11:49:22 AM »
There is a large well in the land and it is surrounded by a low wooden in some places stone in others fence.

The area is full of wolf-dogs, dozens and dozens.  Like the family, they are a mix of wolf and dog in varying stages.

There are cattle for milking.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 12:11:55 PM »
The birth rate in this area must be blessed by Quan Yin - Akrah make sure to pray over the wife if I get the chance before we leave.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 12:14:29 PM »
The birth rate in this area must be blessed by Quan Yin - Akrah make sure to pray over the wife if I get the chance before we leave.

When you go to look for her, she is in the vegetable garden with several of the kids.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 12:15:43 PM »
When you go to look for her, she is in the vegetable garden with several of the kids.

I ask her if it's ok to bless her, and tell her about Quan Yin if she doesn't know.  Then I help her garden until it's time to leave.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 12:23:50 PM »

I ask her if it's ok to bless her, and tell her about Quan Yin if she doesn't know.  Then I help her garden until it's time to leave.

This is after you have slept and as she is collecting for dinner in the afternoon.

She nods and understanding of Quan Yin.  And says she has been blessed seven times by Great Midwife.  She says it has been several years since the cleric of Great Widwife has been out to bless the homestead.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 12:24:39 PM »
After a full eight hours rest, which is hard to get in the summer daylight in the not very comfortable barn, everyone recovered their lost skills and such.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 04:32:26 PM »
Since I'm completely out of spells, including cantrips, I thank Lohren for his hospitality and try to get my 8 hours. Before drifting off to sleep, I confer with my fellow Clerics on spell strategy for the next day. "My friends, should we focus again on Transmutation or do you feel a new strategy is in order with an assassin on our trail? I'd hate to put Lohren and his family at any more risk than they already are."
Yes. We now know the strategy of our enemy, and should adjust our preparations to match. Protection against projectiles. Resistance to cold and fear. Spells to combat darkness. Divinations to locate a person.Defense against summoned creatures.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2024, 10:45:56 PM »
Taye, can you contact Vechi?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2024, 07:44:19 AM »
Akrah pokes her bearly healed 1255 bolt wounds.. " I .. thought I would have done a better job tending to these "

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2024, 09:15:45 AM »
Akrah pokes her bearly healed 1255 bolt wounds.. " I .. thought I would have done a better job tending to these "
For what it's worth, Oz didn't forget how to "Heal" so he had everyone under his care overnight. Question for DM; does the 150% healing ability of the Healing Domain count towards HP total overnight? For example, a 6th level character recovers 6 normally, 12 under care, but would they get 18 from Oz (150%)?