Habololy Books > Magic of Habololy

Magic Missile

(1/12) > >>

Asinjin:
Should the spell, when it is enhanced by a metamagic feat that adds another effect still ignore magic resistance?

Malchia:

--- Quote from: Asinjin on December 19, 2016, 01:33:54 PM ---Should the spell, when it is enhanced by a metamagic feat that adds another effect still ignore magic resistance?

--- End quote ---
Yes

Zunder:

--- Quote from: Asinjin on December 19, 2016, 01:33:54 PM ---Should the spell, when it is enhanced by a metamagic feat that adds another effect still ignore magic resistance?

--- End quote ---

Might make it too powerful. 

Malchia:

--- Quote from: Zunder on December 19, 2016, 02:48:37 PM ---Might make it too powerful.

--- End quote ---
That's the whole point of adding metamagic.  Why be penalized for enhancing a spell?  A fortified spell should be more powerful, not weaker.  Besides, this is a magic missile we're talking about.  Granted, it's very potent for a low level spell, but it's easily thwarted by a 1st level shield spell or a brooch of shielding. 

Windblade:
The whole idea about magic missile ignoring SR comes from the fact that magic missiles on Habololy are considering pure magic and nothing can stop them because it is pure untouched magic.  Therefore we decided no SR.  Once you add in metamagic feats especially ones that entangle and enervate then you disrupt this "pure magic"  and therefore SR should now apply.  Metamagic feats would not really be "down powered" on a magic missile they would just work as normal per the rules of the game.  We would only apply the "habololy rule" to normal magic missiles for the reason I stated above.  Asinjin correct me if I am wrong about the whole reason we made magic missiles ignore SR to begin with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version