Author Topic: No Masking the Accomplishment  (Read 6891 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: No Masking the Accomplishment
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 09:32:48 AM »
What happened to the praying mantis?

If it's still around after the cleric leaves, I try dispelling it to see if it reverts back to an item. +12 to the check.

He said a command right before he cast and it jumped onto him before they disappeared.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 02:15:56 AM »
Bonus experience will be given for a explanation directed at Vincent and Remy about your month long heist job.

Also, a description of the trade off and ambush last night for the twins would also earn xp.
The Heist
The group worked with Ayva to arrange a job with a foreign antiquities collector.  We went to an auction house to bid on some mundane items in order to get a feel for our competitors.  It also served as an interview for our potential employer.  Her name is Nepheret and she was looking for a special mask. 

We attracted the attention of rival relic hunters by first bidding at the auction house, then by scouting out an antiquities museum owned a wealthy Elven family.  There was a replica of the mask there, but not the real thing.  The group eventually narrowed the location of the mask to a house that belonged to the same wealthy Elven family who has a glass steel empire.  Natsu decided to pay a visit to the Elves' glass steel workshop and place an order.  This ruse served to allow us time to scout the campus and prepare for our heist.  The group infiltrated the home one night with flight potions and stealth.  They found the mask and identified it as the real deal.  Permanent True Seeing made of pure gold and of near artifact quality.  It's worth was about 200,000 gold.  The group had originally negotiated to receive 20,000 gold, but was able to ultimately able to pull in 50,000 for the deal.  They escaped the house with the mask and fled.

The Ambush
We were marked by a rival guild (The Neverdead?) from outside Port Talp.  One of their guild members, a Halfling, followed and assaulted us one night.  We defeated him and Istivan drug him to an isolated area to question him.  He gave up some of his members and some of their plans.  They were after the mask and a few other things.  We suspect they were following all our movements since there was a break in at the museum a few nights later.  Nothing was reported stolen.

Eventually, the group set a meeting with Nepheret at the same location where the Halfling was questioned.  They determined there was at least one trap set up and, sure enough,  we were ambushed by Neverdead members.  The group was invisible when the fight broke out, so they managed to survive the initial blast.  Eventually, after using summoned creatures and clever spells, the Neverdead members fled the battlefield.  We gathered our money and made our way back to the guild house.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 11:38:13 AM »
Good summary, 100 xp for each.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 08:08:28 AM »
Best construct idea ever for Ghansuhk: picture an animated bronze statue of a large winged boar with a humanoid-ish face, large tusks, and a bristly tail...I call it....the mantiboar.

Budgetary estimate = 17k. Maintains all the attacks and feats of a manticore, 22 str, dr 3/adamant.

hheheh hehehhe.. heheheh..

What's the experience cost?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 09:57:15 PM »

hheheh hehehhe.. heheheh..

What's the experience cost?
480 xp, but I may not be able to share xp costs for this.

DM, do constructs count as "magic items" for the purpose of Natsu's xp cost transfer?

Price would be reduced if I can. Also less if Ghansuhk has relevant craft ranks to construct the body.

Some more stats: Manti-boar would have fly 50 (clumsy), AC 17 (touch 10, flat 16), 63 hp, DR3/adamantine, claw(2d4+7)/claw/bite(1d8+3) attack routine, ranged tail spike volley (6/volley at 1d8+3 ea, 4 volleys/day, 180 ft range), construct immunities, Flyby Attack, Multiattack, Wpn Focus(spikes). Revised stats: Str 24, Dex 13, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1

I might make my own...

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 10:10:24 PM »
The rifle and wands fetch a combined 8000.
How do we divide this?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »
480 xp, but I may not be able to share xp costs for this.

DM, do constructs count as "magic items" for the purpose of Natsu's xp cost transfer?

Price would be reduced if I can. Also less if Ghansuhk has relevant craft ranks to construct the body.

Some more stats: Manti-boar would have fly 50 (clumsy), AC 17 (touch 10, flat 16), 63 hp, DR3/adamantine, claw(2d4+7)/claw/bite(1d8+3) attack routine, ranged tail spike volley (6/volley at 1d8+3 ea, 4 volleys/day, 180 ft range), construct immunities, Flyby Attack, Multiattack, Wpn Focus(spikes). Revised stats: Str 24, Dex 13, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1

I might make my own...

I can definitely craft the beast myself.  This might ruin any stealth I had before.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »
How do we divide this?
Split 10 ways like usual.  800 each and 800 for the house.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 08:29:15 PM »
Split 10 ways like usual.  800 each and 800 for the house.
Does loot of opportunity follow the same rule? We need Ayva to sell it so she gets a cut, but Esme (and therefore the House) and the twins don't even know we walked away with something extra. Consider this a spot bonus for all of us who nearly died.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2015, 09:34:30 PM »
Does loot of opportunity follow the same rule? We need Ayva to sell it so she gets a cut, but Esme (and therefore the House) and the twins don't even know we walked away with something extra. Consider this a spot bonus for all of us who nearly died.
I can't argue with that logic.  More for the rest of us then.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 05:36:27 PM »

I can definitely craft the beast myself.  This might ruin any stealth I had before.

You consider a goblin followed around by a $#!+-filled cart pulled by boars to be stealthy?

Could make the manti-boar medium sized by applying a template...would reduce strength by 4 and hp by 10. Everything else stays the same though. Also could bump HD up to 8, which would help a bit with attack bonus, hp, and saves.

So an 8HD dungeon-bred manticore effigy would have a market cost of 16,000 gc + 2,000 gc for the body. You can reduce the body cost by crafting it yourself using the standard craft rules. I can animate it for 14,400 gc, which is based on Natsu bearing the xp cost and excludes crafting the body.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2015, 05:51:46 PM »
So loot split from that last job:
  • Tragorum, Traguna, Esme, House - 4500 gc
  • Istven, Ganshuk, Schurk, Profit, Natsu, Ayva - 5833.33 gc