Author Topic: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?  (Read 53636 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2013, 01:54:49 PM »
Can I get out the gate?

Are there any demons on the battlefield?
You cannot get out the gate. You will have to fly, jump or scale down. You don't see any fiends in your field of view but the juggernaut blocks line of sight to a large mass of troops at this point.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2013, 11:56:03 AM »
Rubius is curious if what he's been doing to Drayton is having any effect.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2013, 02:40:08 PM »
Rubius is curious if what he's been doing to Drayton is having any effect.
You appear to be injuring him but it has not stopped the juggernaut.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2013, 03:09:17 PM »
You appear to be injuring him but it has not stopped the juggernaut.

I keep at it until he's out cold.  After that, I'll work on the Juggernaut. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »
I keep at it until he's out cold.  After that, I'll work on the Juggernaut.
He has appeared comatose from the beginning. He shows no sign of change other than bleeding and bruising.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
He has appeared comatose from the beginning. He shows no sign of change other than bleeding and bruising.

I step away from Drayton and pull out the holy mighty composite longbow.  I plunk three +3 arrows directly into the heart.  +27/+22/+17 (+29/+24/+19 if invisibility matters) for 1d6+11 (19-20x3 crit) + 2d6 holy + 2d6 sneak attack (if applicable) for each arrow.

I add the disclaimer that if I see the first arrow bounce off, or magically appear in Drayton's chest, or summon a demon, or any other such nonsense, I hold back the other two arrows.  If it appears to pierce it, I let loose.     

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »
I step away from Drayton and pull out the holy mighty composite longbow.  I plunk three +3 arrows directly into the heart.  +27/+22/+17 (+29/+24/+19 if invisibility matters) for 1d6+11 (19-20x3 crit) + 2d6 holy + 2d6 sneak attack (if applicable) for each arrow.

I add the disclaimer that if I see the first arrow bounce off, or magically appear in Drayton's chest, or summon a demon, or any other such nonsense, I hold back the other two arrows.  If it appears to pierce it, I let loose.     
The first arrow bounces off and provokes an angry red flash. You instantly feel a mental presence. Roll a Will save.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »
The first arrow bounces off and provokes an angry red flash. You instantly feel a mental presence. Roll a Will save.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2013, 04:08:59 PM »
Rubius invokes the "Eenie, Meenie, Mine, Moe..." ability and asks the question out loud to himself:

"Now how in Habastly's name am I supposed to stop this thing?  Where exactly on this contraption is the weakness of this heart?" 

With that, he begins to search around the heart for anything that appears to be fueling it such as psionic ooze, magic items, clickers, etc. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »
Rubius invokes the "Eenie, Meenie, Mine, Moe..." ability and asks the question out loud to himself:

"Now how in Habastly's name am I supposed to stop this thing?  Where exactly on this contraption is the weakness of this heart?" 

With that, he begins to search around the heart for anything that appears to be fueling it such as psionic ooze, magic items, clickers, etc.
Since I will miss the next two Wizards sessions I will try to get my fix by prodding you to wrap this up. (Asinjin still has 55 min to go)

Malchia gets no help from his ability to this point.  As far as you can find there are no tubes or pipes. It appears to be a true construct, not a clicker.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »
Since I will miss the next two Wizards sessions I will try to get my fix by prodding you to wrap this up. (Asinjin still has 55 min to go)

Malchia gets no help from his ability to this point.  As far as you can find there are no tubes or pipes. It appears to be a true construct, not a clicker.

Ari, did you ever give Rubius a golem bane scarab?  If so, I'm going to use it now.  If not, I'm going to continue to use the flat of the blade on Drayton. 

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2013, 08:11:09 AM »
Parker shouts to Nisoru over the din of battle, "You think you can handle this thing now?  My skills can probably be better put to use elsewhere."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2013, 03:22:26 PM »
Parker shouts to Nisoru over the din of battle, "You think you can handle this thing now?  My skills can probably be better put to use elsewhere."
He shouts in return: "Yes, it appears to be faltering."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »
He shouts in return: "Yes, it appears to be faltering."
"Good.  Carry on then.  Just save me a tusk or something."

Parker will fly (still invisible, unless it has work off, in which case he'll cast another Invisibity spell on himself) over to where Minister Drayton is shackled and inspect the mechanism that is keeping the crown locked onto his head.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2013, 04:44:53 PM »
"Good.  Carry on then.  Just save me a tusk or something."

Parker will fly (still invisible, unless it has work off, in which case he'll cast another Invisibity spell on himself) over to where Minister Drayton is shackled and inspect the mechanism that is keeping the crown locked onto his head.
The battlements have an invisibility purge and you're pretty sure the doggeden can detect you if you get anywhere near it so you have to pick your poison.