Author Topic: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?  (Read 53638 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do you know if you are at the beginning of a revolution or the end?
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »
You are on the battlements with the wizards.

If there are any other spell casters around, I will ask if they can cast Fly or something similar on me.  If there is not one around, Parker will look for a way down to the battlefield itself.  If there is no easy way, then he will tie off a rope and scale down the outer battlement wall, grabbing a guardsman before he goes and instructing him to cut the line once he has made it to the ground.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
If there are any other spell casters around, I will ask if they can cast Fly or something similar on me.  If there is not one around, Parker will look for a way down to the battlefield itself.  If there is no easy way, then he will tie off a rope and scale down the outer battlement wall, grabbing a guardsman before he goes and instructing him to cut the line once he has made it to the ground.
Russel casts a Fly spell on you.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »
Russel casts a Fly spell on you.

Holy shit... did RUSSEL just appear.. omg omg omg omg omg omg

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »
"Thank you Russell.  I should tell you that this battle was a feint.  Uscis and the winged worm were after Lady Allanda.  The wyrm is no more, but Uscis escaped with Lady Allanda.  He had trapped her in some way.  Someone needs to tell Master Itsuwaru.  He may not be able to help us, but he damn sure can help her."

With that, Parker casts Greaater Invisibility on himself and flies out to join the fight with the Doggeden.  Does it look like it's on its last legs? or does it still look in pretty good shape?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »
"Thank you Russell.  I should tell you that this battle was a feint.  Uscis and the winged worm were after Lady Allanda.  The wyrm is no more, but Uscis escaped with Lady Allanda.  He had trapped her in some way.  Someone needs to tell Master Itsuwaru.  He may not be able to help us, but he damn sure can help her."

With that, Parker casts Greaater Invisibility on himself and flies out to join the fight with the Doggeden.  Does it look like it's on its last legs? or does it still look in pretty good shape?
"That is very worrisome. Allanda has formidable defenses and I doubt Uscis has the power to destroy her but I would not have thought him capable of taking her prisoner either. I will go and . . . watch, the events after the battle.  It's so refreshing to speak with someone with a severed lifeline and not have to shut out their future all the time . . ." at which point you have flown off.

You have three options for attacking the doggeden. In the front is Lord Whiteknight and various knights and soldiers.  On its back is Nisoru. The berserkers are avoiding him. It's left side is closest to you but you would have to fly off the wall and would be alone.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:45 PM »
Somewhere, Asinjin twitches.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »
Can someone refresh my memory on how the Juggernaut is controlled? I know we got a run down from Delaque (I think).

Commanded through the headgear, which Drayton altered to be a psionic item. Who then is controlling Drayton?

Or maybe he's been enchanted to think he is attacking the scaled elves?

Does he appear to be moving or is he catatonic?

The Juggernaut has free will, if I recall, so if someone loses control does that mean it is free to act on it's own?

I'm very tempted to put 5 arrows into Drayton's chest. That might be the most karmicly-balanced way to stop the war altar.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2013, 10:40:39 PM »
Can someone refresh my memory on how the Juggernaut is controlled? I know we got a run down from Delaque (I think).

Commanded through the headgear, which Drayton altered to be a psionic item. Who then is controlling Drayton?

Or maybe he's been enchanted to think he is attacking the scaled elves?

Does he appear to be moving or is he catatonic?

The Juggernaut has free will, if I recall, so if someone loses control does that mean it is free to act on it's own?

I'm very tempted to put 5 arrows into Drayton's chest. That might be the most karmicly-balanced way to stop the war altar.
Your right on target. Drayton created an item to control the construct, which is why the "stone" is made with the ooze. He appears catatonic. The Heart has has a will and you don't know how it was controlled or if it was a willing participant in the assault on the Guardian Temple.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:10:45 PM by whitesword »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2013, 08:05:21 AM »
"That is very worrisome. Allanda has formidable defenses and I doubt Uscis has the power to destroy her but I would not have thought him capable of taking her prisoner either. I will go and . . . watch, the events after the battle.  It's so refreshing to speak with someone with a severed lifeline and not have to shut out their future all the time . . ." at which point you have flown off.

You have three options for attacking the doggeden. In the front is Lord Whiteknight and various knights and soldiers.  On its back is Nisoru. The berserkers are avoiding him. It's left side is closest to you but you would have to fly off the wall and would be alone.

All right then, Parker will land on its back with Nisoru, letting Nisoru know that he is there and to not attack him, and ask him how we kill this thing.  Then Parker will sneak attack [the doggeden] with the Holy Longsword

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2013, 09:54:27 AM »
All right then, Parker will land on its back with Nisoru, letting Nisoru know that he is there and to not attack him, and ask him how we kill this thing.  Then Parker will sneak attack [the doggeden] with the Holy Longsword
Nisoru says: "This accursed thing is regenerating as fast as we wound it. Only our holy weapons appear to be having full effect."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
Nisoru says: "This accursed thing is regenerating as fast as we wound it. Only our holy weapons appear to be having full effect."

"The Castles canons have no effect on it?? That is terrifying."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »
"The Castles canons have no effect on it?? That is terrifying."
"Yes, it must have some sort of spell against projectiles. The other one went down far more easily."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »
"Yes, it must have some sort of spell against projectiles. The other one went down far more easily."
Parker thinks for a moment, then says, "Meh, what's the worst that could happen."  Then he casts Dispel Magic on the Doggeden.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »
Parker thinks for a moment, then says, "Meh, what's the worst that could happen."  Then he casts Dispel Magic on the Doggeden.
Ok. You can test to see if it works.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2013, 11:54:57 AM »
Ok.  Parker will quick Draw the Winder and shoot twice