Author Topic: The Wyvern  (Read 1998 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
The Wyvern
« on: October 13, 2020, 09:50:57 AM »
Depending on your choices we may pick up pretty quickly. Assume you get a nights rest. Same xp formula as last time plus 100xp for good use of the speak with dead spell.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Wyvern
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 10:05:08 AM »
We need a recap of what we learned.

The last thing we learned was Jovan was paid in Cape Tolya to deliver this message.  Paid by a (probably not) scaled elven cleric of Smofarf.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 11:09:48 AM »
We need a recap of what we learned.

The last thing we learned was Jorin was paid in Cape Tolya to deliver this message.  Paid by a (probably not) scaled elven cleric of Smofarf.

In no particular order:
  • Jorin was paid in Cape Tolya to set up a meeting with the merchant Orem Avette
  • The wugs/Sea-Wolves do not appear to be working in concert with the winged Wyvern.  It was likely a one-off collaboration of convenience.  The wug and sea-wolf happened to be there when the 'meeting' went down
  • The Orem Avettes son provided a list of their clientele. Orem's journal had pages missing
  • Vasili used his powers to show someone ripping out pages.  The individuals size was small-ish (gnomish or petite? like a female?)
  • We used a few speak with dead spells.  Orem did not know the identity of his attacker.  Was led to believe the meeting with Jorin was to discuss purchasing ancient Horarian weapons
  • Jorin said he was hired by a scaled elf cleric of Smofarf
  • Only the two most valuable books were stolen from the Customs house.  The books were bought at auction by Orem for collectors in Phiam.  That doesn't narrow it down because they told all their clients about it

Feel free to add anything i forgot

*Edited for correct name
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 03:31:31 PM by Valdis »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 12:57:21 PM »
Not real important but it’s Jorin not Jovan.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 02:26:34 PM »
The good subjects of Phiam are getting a little nervous . . .

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 02:40:11 PM »
list of suspects:
(broad strokes used here and a lot of leaps of faith)
  • Orem Avettes son: - [Pro] He knew what the contents of the customs house were. Had access to the log book that had the missing pages. Other attack locations could coincide with trips to purchase other antique items.(this would require more research).  Didn't want to tell his mother that we were still looking into Orem's murder(that just seems kind of fishy).  [Con] No clear motive at this point. (was he disenfranchised by his perception that his father and others like him abandoned the ideals of the Scaled Kingdom? Did he become radicalized on one of his trips?)
  • Cobus the Shark: - [Pro] Is a big time underworld kingpin businessman.  [Con]No clear advantage to the killings or theft of niche books
  • High Cleric of Stasis in Port Phiam: - [Pro] His name was on a list of people who were had dealings with the Avettes. [Con] Would have to be cross classed as an EPIC level bard to pull off the bluff checks needed to do something like this and still convince people he was a functional cleric of Stasis.

There are probably more, but that's all I can think of right now. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 03:06:34 PM »
Two weeks after the incident at Anolion’s house a letter is delivered to Bryvis at HQ.

It says: Dear Sirs, My apologies for my abrupt departure.  I had hoped to convey my thanks for the rescue of the girl. Clearly my command to the sea wolf had unintended consequences. Hopefully our missions will not place us at cross purposes again. P.F.T.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 07:10:01 PM by whitesword »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 03:08:44 PM »
As we are finished with the constables, for the foreseeable future, when you have time plot out their paths going forward.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 04:45:08 PM »
As we are finished with the constables, for the foreseeable future, when you have time plot out their paths going forward.

Robert is content to work less dangerous assignment and earn a fair wage living nearer to his wife and later family.  He intends to not retire and work is way up the chain of command on the law end of the constablatory, more of an office job.  Although he does not shy away from the work he has been doing for year.

He would prefer to continue to work with constables he knows, but realizes they are likely more adventurous and likely to wander.  He takes all his levels in Lawcaller from now on, unless he were to survive to finish that class, in which case he goes back to learning Feyalin. 
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 04:58:22 PM »
Gneetagh plans to remain in the employ of the Constables and continue along the path of the Sword Saint.  If time permits, he may take some personal leave to compete in the next Suian.  If he progresses far enough, he'll retire to train others in the way of the blade.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 07:44:42 PM »
Bryvis focuses his career on high risk/profile cases - that is where he can make the most difference. He’ll take any advancements earned as long as he can stay active in the field. Pretty much the opposite of Robert.

He will keep advancing as an Armored Caster, ultimately becoming a medieval Iron Man, flying around in plate mail blasting criminals with enervation rays.

After a few years he will retire from the constabulary and move to the Guardian Vale to support that cause.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 01:22:51 PM by Hero »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 10:18:33 AM »
Uleric continues to work for the constables for only a few more years.  During that time, he feels his calling to church of Arsur'anyodel grow.  He eventually leaves the Constabulary and joins the ranks of the Arsur'anyodel faithful to drive back the forces of Dresta where they appear.  Uleric doesn't spend much time in the city after that.  He travels where the faith needs him to.  When he does get the chance though, he does check in on his former comrades.  Though they may not see him.  On Dark nights when the moon is full, they sometimes get the feeling they are being watched. When they inevitably go to investigate the feeling, they only find odd bear tracks in the area...

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 01:26:59 PM »
Two weeks after the incident at Anolion’s house a letter is delivered to Bryvis at HQ.

It says: Dear Sirs, My apologies for my abrupt departure.  I had hoped to convey my thanks for the rescue of the girl. Clearly my command to the sea wolf had unintended consequences. Hopefully our missions will not place us at cross purposes again. P.F.T.
This letter gets submitted as evidence. Can Vasili Do anything with this to track Trakt?